bmforre
Fuzzable

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by bmforre » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:53 pm

sTeamTraen wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:22 pm
jimbob wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:16 pm
... we stayed in a holiday cottage in Mallaig a few years ago, and the owner's grandfather was Donald Duck, who had been born and named 10 years before the Disney character.
Can you imagine him getting pulled over by the cops, especially in the era before most people had printed ID?

"Name?"
"Donald Duck"
"Oh, comedian, eh?" *whack*
Surely he could have shown his driving licence, presumably with picture and name?

Martin Y
Dorkwood

Post by Martin Y » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:18 pm

bmforre wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:53 pm
sTeamTraen wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:22 pm
jimbob wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:16 pm
... we stayed in a holiday cottage in Mallaig a few years ago, and the owner's grandfather was Donald Duck, who had been born and named 10 years before the Disney character.
Can you imagine him getting pulled over by the cops, especially in the era before most people had printed ID?

"Name?"
"Donald Duck"
"Oh, comedian, eh?" *whack*
Surely he could have shown his driving licence, presumably with picture and name?
UK driving licences didn't have photos until about 20 years ago. (I haven't changed address since 1996 and so I still have one of the old green paper licenses with no photo card. This anachronism is increasingly puzzling to people who expect one to have photo ID.)

Gfamily
After Pie

Post by Gfamily » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:25 pm

Martin Y wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:18 pm

UK driving licences didn't have photos until about 20 years ago. (I haven't changed address since 1996 and so I still have one of the old green paper licenses with no photo card. This anachronism is increasingly puzzling to people who expect one to have photo ID.)
Ditto, except I've not moved* since passing my test in '86.
I didn't have official photo id (other than passport) until I got my Irish passport card last year.

*house
My avatar was a scientific result that was later found to be 'mistaken' - I rarely claim to be 100% correct
ETA 5/8/20: I've been advised that the result was correct, it was the initial interpretation that needed to be withdrawn
Meta? I'd say so!