Donald Trump's health

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
EACLucifer
Stummy Beige

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by EACLucifer » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:11 am

discovolante wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:56 am
As per a request and following some mod discussion, I've merged the 'Trump has the virus' thread into this one. It might be a bit confusing at first but I am leaving the topic titles in each post as they are so at least you can see what was where originally.
Thank you :)

bob sterman
Dorkwood

Post by bob sterman » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:15 am

FlammableFlower wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:52 am
Another great one from his doctor, Conley, in response to questions trying to figure out why Trump had been started on Dex, when it's only recommended for those with breathing difficulties.
the Guardian wrote:Doctors said on Sunday that on Friday and Saturday Trump’s oxygen saturation levels had twice dipped below 94% – the usual range being 95 to 100%. But in answer to a question about whether the level ever fell below 90%, the White House physician, Sean Conley, said it had never reached the low 80s.
my emphasis

So in all likelihood, yes, it did fall below 90%.
I would say - as he specifically didn't rule out the "mid-80s" it must have got to about 85%. Maybe even 84%.

lpm
Junior Mod

Post by lpm » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:23 am

Wow, the dexamethasone is really kicking in. This guy is PUMPED.

16 all caps tweets so far.
⭐ Awarded gold star 4 November 2021

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:23 am

bob sterman wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:15 am
FlammableFlower wrote:
Another great one from his doctor, Conley, in response to questions trying to figure out why Trump had been started on Dex, when it's only recommended for those with breathing difficulties.
the Guardian wrote:Doctors said on Sunday that on Friday and Saturday Trump’s oxygen saturation levels had twice dipped below 94% – the usual range being 95 to 100%. But in answer to a question about whether the level ever fell below 90%, the White House physician, Sean Conley, said it had never reached the low 80s.
my emphasis

I would say - as he specifically didn't rule out the "mid-80s" it must have got to about 85%. Maybe even 84%.
Biased fake oxygen stats from the failing fake media. SAD!

Many people are saying that Trump's real numbers are actually much better, like nothing anybody has ever seen before , 110%, 120%, perhaps even better.

However by polling day, the Dems will have fraudulently mailed in millions of unsolicited fake oxygen readings to falsely claim POTUS's face is about to turn bright blue. Not that the failing lamestream media are brave enough to report that.
This place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here.
What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

discovolante
Stummy Beige

Post by discovolante » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:26 am

EACLucifer wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:11 am
discovolante wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:56 am
As per a request and following some mod discussion, I've merged the 'Trump has the virus' thread into this one. It might be a bit confusing at first but I am leaving the topic titles in each post as they are so at least you can see what was where originally.
Thank you :)
No problem.

And thank you dyqik for using the report button to flag it up, much appreciated.
To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave.

sTeamTraen
After Pie

Post by sTeamTraen » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:30 am

bob sterman wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:15 am
FlammableFlower wrote:
my emphasis

An alternative take is that "the low 80s" is a way of saying "the danger zone", so "It never reached the low 80s" would mean "It never reached a level where we would have been really concerned". If I was a doctor used to trying to keep a minimum of patient confidentiality I might add that sort of vagueness. It didn't get to 82, but that doesn't mean it got to 88 either. Not everybody thinks or talks like a lawyer all the time.

There is some borderline conspiratorial thinking coming from the anti-Trump side that I don't find encouraging, e.g. the claim that he was on oxygen while walking to the helicopter based on "a photo of a tube" which, on closer examination, was a stray undyed bit of hair. Hanlon's Razor remains as relevant as ever.
Something something hammer something something nail

Bewildered
Fuzzable

Post by Bewildered » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:43 am

JQH wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:39 am
discovolante wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:24 pm
He's going to be fine isn't he.
I hope he recovers.

I hope he sees Biden and Harris romp home to victory. I hope he sees his financial house of cards collapse and all his dodgy dealings publicised. I hope he sees himself exposed to the world as a political and financial loser. I hope he lives for many years in extreme poverty. Dying would be a way out* for the c.nt and I want it denied him.

*With that in mind I hope the military have hidden the launch codes.
To me this sounds a bit like the people saying they hoped trump would get the 2016 nomination because they are sure he will lose. I want him to die now, because I think that has the higher expectation value that him living, as then he might win and continue in office.

I would prefer for there to be some humiliation and punishment afterwards, not because he deserves or out of spite, but because I think there should be some disincentive to things he has done getting repeated or copied in other countries (ie the brazen level of lying, appalling lack of responsibility, use of racism and the flirtations with far right racists and fascists ). However it’s not worth the higher (imo) risk of republicans winning and obviously higher probability of him personally winning and staying as precise the for another 4 years.

bob sterman
Dorkwood

Post by bob sterman » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:48 am

sTeamTraen wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:30 am
An alternative take is that "the low 80s" is a way of saying "the danger zone", so "It never reached the low 80s" would mean "It never reached a level where we would have been really concerned". If I was a doctor used to trying to keep a minimum of patient confidentiality I might add that sort of vagueness. It didn't get to 82, but that doesn't mean it got to 88 either. Not everybody thinks or talks like a lawyer all the time.

There is some borderline conspiratorial thinking coming from the anti-Trump side that I don't find encouraging, e.g. the claim that he was on oxygen while walking to the helicopter based on "a photo of a tube" which, on closer examination, was a stray undyed bit of hair. Hanlon's Razor remains as relevant as ever.
Perhaps - but Sean Conley has form for being very precise with his words to avoid actually lying. Remember on Saturday he said...

"He's not on oxygen now"
"He didn't have oxygen on Thursday"
"He didn't on Friday when he was with us"

All ways of skirting around the fact he did have supplemental oxygen on Friday at the White House.

So if you take Conley's precise words - then what he is not ruling out is probably what happened. Given Conley's performance on Saturday - I would take his Sunday "not down to the low 80s" statement to mean mid-80s. Just as "not on Friday when he was with us" meant "yes on Friday - just not when he was not with us".

EACLucifer
Stummy Beige

Post by EACLucifer » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:12 pm

sTeamTraen wrote:
That and assuming that his medical regime must be dodgy in some way, when it seems the care he is being given is genuinely very good.

That said, the torrent of lies and evasions and changing stories from the White House really does not help with the conspiracy aspect.

AMS
Snowbonk

Post by AMS » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:57 pm

dyqik wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:59 am
Bird on a Fire wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:10 am
dyqik wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:36 pm
You'll be glad to know that Trump* has just been driven past his supporters in the back of a car

* Trump shaped person wearing a mask.
I totally called it. He's regenerating. Trump is dead, long live Trump.
He'll need to take three days after dying to do it properly and gee up his supporters.
Will the Trump be regenerated as a woman this time? I wonder what the "look" will be - it's one of the key attributes for the new incarnation, and the elderly overweight male with too much fake tan was starting to look a bit dated, to be honest.

dyqik
Princess POW

Post by dyqik » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:30 pm

bob sterman wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:48 am
sTeamTraen wrote:

Perhaps - but Sean Conley has form for being very precise with his words to avoid actually lying. Remember on Saturday he said...

"He's not on oxygen now"
"He didn't have oxygen on Thursday"
"He didn't on Friday when he was with us"

All ways of skirting around the fact he did have supplemental oxygen on Friday at the White House.

So if you take Conley's precise words - then what he is not ruling out is probably what happened. Given Conley's performance on Saturday - I would take his Sunday "not down to the low 80s" statement to mean mid-80s. Just as "not on Friday when he was with us" meant "yes on Friday - just not when he was not with us".
And twice more over the weekend.

El Pollo Diablo
Stummy Beige

Post by El Pollo Diablo » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:48 pm

And here we are. He thinks being ill in hospital is weak and wants to get out asap.

Let's hope this is what does him.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... 4e87126b75
If truth is many-sided, mendacity is many-tongued

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:25 pm

El Pollo Diablo wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:48 pm
And here we are. He thinks being ill in hospital is weak and wants to get out asap.

Let's hope this is what does him.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... 4e87126b75
From just below that:-
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
If this doctor, who so recklessly flew into New York from West Africa,has Ebola,then Obama should apologize to the American people & resign!
12:38 AM · Oct 24, 2014
For context for those who don't recall this non-event.
Trump attacked a New York doctor who had returned from treating Ebola patients in Guinea. Craig Spencer’s positive diagnosis set off a sprawling contact tracing effort, made difficult by the fact that he rode the subway, went to a bowling alley and rode in a taxi.

Spencer did not know he had the Ebola virus when he used public transport or met up with friends. And, critically, people infected with Ebola cannot spread the disease until they begin to show symptoms, and it cannot be spread through the air.

As such, his travel and activities were not deemed to be a risk to the public because it occurred before he displayed symptoms. No one is known to have contracted the virus from Spencer.
Ah yes we all remember Obama's great US Ebola outbreak of 2014 which infected 7.5 million and killed 200,000 knocking record percentages off the US economy. he clearly should have resigned.

Thank god we have more honourable and competent leadership today.
This place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here.
What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

dyqik
Princess POW

Post by dyqik » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:06 pm

The Trump campaign is now attacking Biden for not having the experience of having had coronavirus.

bmforre
Snowbonk

Post by bmforre » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:39 pm

dyqik wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:06 pm
The Trump campaign is now attacking Biden for not having the experience of having had coronavirus.
Are they lauding the present regime for providing so much invaluable learning experience?

lpm
Junior Mod

Post by lpm » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:02 pm

It's not new - Trump boasted in 2016 that he was good at tax fraud, so would be expert in preventing tax fraud.
⭐ Awarded gold star 4 November 2021

TimW
Catbabel

Post by TimW » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:56 pm

Still not dead yet, then?

How about any of the people he spread it to? Hopefully they're enjoying learning about the virus at the real school, not the let's-read-the-book school.

murmur
Snowbonk

Post by murmur » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:10 pm

Re the earlier mention of Adderall: was the fat f.ck given dexamethasone 'cos he was demanding the other one but couldn't pronounce it properly?

If he is/was taking that one it clearly did nowt for him: his attention span is/was still worse than that of an angry pheasant; commonest side effect is weight loss and he certainly didn't do that, unless he was supposed to be a really fat f.ck and this is Weight Loss Trump...
It's so much more attractive inside the moral kiosk

Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Post by Bird on a Fire » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:35 pm

Do we have to use "fat f.ck"?

Just because Trump (a) is obese and (b) deserves plenty of abuse doesn't make insulting obese people *in general* ok, which is a bit how that language comes across to me I'm afraid.

(Not an official modly post, and not something I want to start a big dingdong about)
We have the right to a clean, healthy, sustainable environment.

bob sterman
Dorkwood

Post by bob sterman » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:04 pm

So Trump now feels better than he did 20 years ago? That'll be the Dexamethasone then.

AMS
Snowbonk

Post by AMS » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:04 pm

Bird on a Fire wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:35 pm
Do we have to use "fat f.ck"?

Just because Trump (a) is obese and (b) deserves plenty of abuse doesn't make insulting obese people *in general* ok, which is a bit how that language comes across to me I'm afraid.

(Not an official modly post, and not something I want to start a big dingdong about)
Agreed. It's a definite moment for Michelle Obama's rule. Not that this website is particularly relevant to the outcome of US elections, but still.

EACLucifer
Stummy Beige

Post by EACLucifer » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:06 pm

Now claiming he'll be leaving Walter Reed soon. Doesn't mean much either way - there's extensive medical facilities at the White House already, and they had time to improve them if needed.

White House beat reporters reporting that he wanted to leave yesterday, and got his car ride to wave at the Proud Boys and Qanon fanatics as a compromise.

Oh, and Kayleigh McEnemy...McEnema...His latest spokeswoman...has tested positive after several days of speaking to journalists while unmasked :roll:

FlammableFlower
Dorkwood

Post by FlammableFlower » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:13 pm

Even if Trump doesn't deteriorate, if someone close to him, either through work or a fundraiser does end up seriously ill it'll reflect badly. He's desperately trying to show how 'strong' he is, but it won't look good if people around him start keeling over.

AMS
Snowbonk

Post by AMS » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:24 pm

FlammableFlower wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:13 pm
Even if Trump doesn't deteriorate, if someone close to him, either through work or a fundraiser does end up seriously ill it'll reflect badly. He's desperately trying to show how 'strong' he is, but it won't look good if people around him start keeling over.
Some of the meetings were with big donors to the Republican party's election funds. I imagine they're not best pleased.

El Pollo Diablo
Stummy Beige

Post by El Pollo Diablo » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:25 pm

I'm really, really hoping that by Friday he's back on his arse again
If truth is many-sided, mendacity is many-tongued