Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
Little waster
After Pie

Re: Trump has the virus

Post by Little waster » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:14 am

Grumble wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:36 am
I hope to feel very sorry for his family
TBF I’ve felt very sorry for his family for about the last 5 years.
This place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here.
What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

secret squirrel
Snowbonk

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by secret squirrel » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:23 am

Vertigowooyay wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:58 am
Bewildered wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:52 am
Ok this was worth coming back in for, seeing as I have been waiting for it since March.

Please die, please die, please die...
..this utter shitshow just continues with a different malevolent face.
This is true in every American election, but I wonder if the Democratic party strategists are regretting pushing a candidate who's main selling point is not being Trump.

Bewildered
Fuzzable

Post by Bewildered » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:29 am

Vertigowooyay wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:58 am
Bewildered wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:52 am
Ok this was worth coming back in for, seeing as I have been waiting for it since March.

Please die, please die, please die...
No. Because if that happens, Trump is effectively beatified, Pence romps in on November 3rd and this utter shitshow just continues with a different malevolent face.
Well that would be bad, yes. I was thinking the opposite, because noone really supports or likes pence, but I haven’t put any serious thought into it . I am curious if it really works like you say.

Also my excitement for this is somewhat general, in that I just like the idea of an election in a pandemic with one of the candidates dying, but I was overriding this for Biden because I thought if Biden died Trump would win for sure. Maybe I have both of these the wrong way round?

lpm
Junior Mod

Post by lpm » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:44 am

Old, male, obese, and f.cked up by all the adderall and other sh.t he takes.

No way dies he get this mild. If he does, I'm demanding a refund from karma.
⭐ Awarded gold star 4 November 2021

Woodchopper
Princess POW

Post by Woodchopper » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:46 am

lpm wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:44 am
Old, male, obese, and f.cked up by all the adderall and other sh.t he takes.

No way dies he get this mild. If he does, I'm demanding a refund from karma.
True, but on the other hand, he’s lucky.

bjn
Stummy Beige

Post by bjn » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:46 am

Grumble wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:49 am
bjn wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:24 am
I have never wished death on anyone, and I’m trying really hard not to do so now.
A severe case followed by long COVID would do the job as well. And prolong his suffering. If he hadn’t been so dismissive of the science around this pandemic I wouldn’t be feeling quite this way, even though I don’t think I’d be wishing him well somehow.
I’d be happy to settle for that outcome.

El Pollo Diablo
Stummy Beige

Post by El Pollo Diablo » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:58 am

Will he still get the cocaines delivered to him, or is he going to have to go cold toikey?
If truth is many-sided, mendacity is many-tongued

Martin_B
After Pie

Post by Martin_B » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:59 am

snoozeofreason wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:55 am
I'm keeping my schadenfreude in check, because I am not sure this is good news. There are two ways in which this could work well for Trump. The first is that, even at his age, he might experience only mild symptoms (or be able to pretend that they were mild). That will just add weight to his dismissive comments about the virus. The second is that he might experience more severe symptoms and that this might earn him a sympathy vote from right-leaning Americans. That wouldn't be logical, but there are right-leaning Americans who are none too bright. There's a good chance that some left-leaning Americans will audibly wish death or serious illness on him, which will help him (if the US is anything like the UK, then there plenty of left-leaning Americans who are none too bright as well).
This ^^ !

I can't believe that he'd come up with trying for the sympathy vote (not that I don't think he's manipulative enough, more that he's too macho) but he might get it anyway, and he only needs a few % to swing in certain states, plus news like Texas trying to limit the number of places a mail-in ballot can be returned to (so how is it mail-in?) and trying to put another conservative on the Supreme Court bench, and he could steal enough of a lead on election night to cause chaos that the Supreme Court rules him the election winner before all the mail-in ballots have been counted.

(Seriously, why do mail-in ballots take so long to count?)
"My interest is in the future, because I'm going to spend the rest of my life there"

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:02 am

Martin_B wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:34 am
I know some people have said that they will do anything to avoid the next televised debate, but this is a bit extreme.
I was actually wondering about that. After all, it is well within this White House's ability to lie. And they might be hoping for some sympathy.

Yes it probably is real, and certainly is plausible, but I'm open to the idea that this time it is a FAKE VIRUS.
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

sTeamTraen
After Pie

Post by sTeamTraen » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:03 am

They could treat him with hydroxychloroquine or vitamin D and her with the other. Call it a randomised trial. He probably has low vitamin D with all that fake tan keeping the UV out.
Something something hammer something something nail

tenchboy
After Pie

Post by tenchboy » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:38 am

He's got to be there when he loses. And he's got to be there when he has to hand over to his successor.
If you want me Steve, just Snapchat me yeah? You know how to Snapchap me doncha Steve? You just...

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:49 am

Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

Woodchopper
Princess POW

Post by Woodchopper » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:53 am

jimbob wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:02 am
Martin_B wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:34 am
I know some people have said that they will do anything to avoid the next televised debate, but this is a bit extreme.
I was actually wondering about that. After all, it is well within this White House's ability to lie. And they might be hoping for some sympathy.

Yes it probably is real, and certainly is plausible, but I'm open to the idea that this time it is a FAKE VIRUS.
They could lie. But his administration is very prone to leaks. We’d hear about the lie soon enough.

Blackcountryboy
Stargoon

Post by Blackcountryboy » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:56 am

I just don't trust that man, I will believe he has Covid if he dies.

lpm
Junior Mod

Post by lpm » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:58 am

The line of transmission is interesting. Trump, Melania and Hope Hicks all tested positive at the same time, implying all three caught it a while ago from an unknown 4th person. This rules out the threesome theory and implies a foursome. Has anyone tested positive a few days ago in the p.rn star community?

lpm
Junior Mod

Post by lpm » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:59 am

Please please please can my favourite doctor be flown to the White House to take over Trump's medical care?

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:04 am

Blackcountryboy wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:56 am
I just don't trust that man, I will believe he has Covid if he dies.
Nah even then I'd watch the full credits in case there's one last jump scare.
This place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here.
What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

EACLucifer
Stummy Beige

Post by EACLucifer » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:09 am

Martin_B wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:59 am
snoozeofreason wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:55 am
I'm keeping my schadenfreude in check, because I am not sure this is good news. There are two ways in which this could work well for Trump. The first is that, even at his age, he might experience only mild symptoms (or be able to pretend that they were mild). That will just add weight to his dismissive comments about the virus. The second is that he might experience more severe symptoms and that this might earn him a sympathy vote from right-leaning Americans. That wouldn't be logical, but there are right-leaning Americans who are none too bright. There's a good chance that some left-leaning Americans will audibly wish death or serious illness on him, which will help him (if the US is anything like the UK, then there plenty of left-leaning Americans who are none too bright as well).
This ^^ !

I can't believe that he'd come up with trying for the sympathy vote (not that I don't think he's manipulative enough, more that he's too macho) but he might get it anyway, and he only needs a few % to swing in certain states, plus news like Texas trying to limit the number of places a mail-in ballot can be returned to (so how is it mail-in?) and trying to put another conservative on the Supreme Court bench, and he could steal enough of a lead on election night to cause chaos that the Supreme Court rules him the election winner before all the mail-in ballots have been counted.

(Seriously, why do mail-in ballots take so long to count?)
The Supreme Court does not certify the elections

murmur
Snowbonk

Post by murmur » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:10 am

And...Cue the calls to suspend the election 'cos it's not fair to Little Donnie.

I'm having a really hard time not giving in to my unhealthy tendency to schadenfreude...Sod it! Suffer, you fat f.ck! Have a worse case of Covid than The Sister did.
It's so much more attractive inside the moral kiosk

Grumble
Light of Blast

Post by Grumble » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:11 am

murmur wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:10 am
And...Cue the calls to suspend the election 'cos it's not fair to Little Donnie.

I'm having a really hard time not giving in to my unhealthy tendency to schadenfreude...Sod it! Suffer, you fat f.ck! Have a worse case of Covid than The Sister did.
His term expires, but then again so does everyone else’s.
where once I used to scintillate
now I sin till ten past three

lpm
Junior Mod

Post by lpm » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:16 am

dyqik wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:04 am
PeteB wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:59 am
I think fatality rate for a 74 year old man is 3->4 %. Most likely asymptomatic or mild case, but significant chance of it not being.
And probably diagnosed before symptoms manifest, allowing very careful monitoring etc.
El Pollo Diablo wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:05 am
Don't forget he's obese as well. Guardian reckons that raises the risk by just under 50%, so he's got around a 6% chance of dying.
Apart from chance of death, what is the chance of hospitalisation?

He would probably have hospital style treatment inside the White House if necessary, but not a full ICU. Refusal of his handlers to allow him to be admitted to Walter Reed might fatally delay treatment. If Putin says he's not going to hospital, he's not going to hospital.

Also, any stats on typical recovery period for the elderly? How long will the President of the United States be lying in bed watching TV, instead of doing his normal job of lying in bed watching TV? Can the US government come up with an alternative way to tweet about TV ratings while Trump is incapacitated?

murmur
Snowbonk

Post by murmur » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:22 am

Grumble wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:11 am
murmur wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:10 am

His term expires, but then again so does everyone else’s.
You know that, I know that, all sensible folk know that. However, we are talking about someone who has publicly stated that he might not accept the result of the election, has refused to publicly state that he would accept the result of the election, has publicly stated that much of the election will be fraudulent, has publicly wondered how he can change the Constitution to allow him to serve more than 2 terms, and...Who has supporters whose knowledge of the Constitution goes, so it seems, no further than "I have to be allowed to have GUNS!". And that's before you get into the outright CT-ers.
It's so much more attractive inside the moral kiosk

Grumble
Light of Blast

Post by Grumble » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:24 am

lpm wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:16 am
If Putin says he's not going to hospital, he's not going to hospital.
Don’t be silly lpm, that’s straying into tinfoil hat territory
where once I used to scintillate
now I sin till ten past three

EACLucifer
Stummy Beige

Post by EACLucifer » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:27 am

People wot pay attention to these things reporting these things - Boeing E6b Mercurys - now patrolling both coasts of America, in case anyone wants to be even more worried.

Their job is to to maintain communication between America's nuclear forces, and can remote control launch of Minuteman ICBMs. Almost certainly a signal to other powers that the president being ill doesn't mean they should be trying anything.

Stephanie
Stummy Beige

Post by Stephanie » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:29 am

Little waster wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:10 am
Get well soon* Donald, mate.

*well slowly and painfully but definitely don’t die, I want you to witness the coming Blue Avalanche and have to own it and everything that follows.
hahaha, i was hoping one of you f.cks would post this
"I got a flu virus named after me 'cause I kissed a bat on a dare."