Donald Trump's health

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
User avatar
Bird on a Fire
Stummy Beige
Posts: 3387
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:05 pm
Location: nadir of brie

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by Bird on a Fire » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:29 pm

What the f.ck is he even talking about? (ie, what was on Fox when he tweeted that?)
Born at 356.32 ppm CO2 #ShowYourStripes

FlammableFlower
Catbabel
Posts: 623
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:22 pm

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by FlammableFlower » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:13 pm

The Washington Post has an article on Trump's tweetstorm which finishes:
One clip showed the Democratic presidential candidate stumbling over his words on CNN, while another featured a doctored GIF of Biden making silly faces.

Then, Trump rounded out the evening by quoting himself:

“So true!” Trump wrote, retweeting his own post from Saturday that said, “Remember, the Cure can’t be worse than the problem itself. Be careful, be safe, use common sense!”

User avatar
Martin Y
Dorkwood
Posts: 1243
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:08 pm

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by Martin Y » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:02 pm

An eye-opening contrast today in a rare visit to a US based car forum; I browsed its more memes-and-cat-pictures area, which I'd never done before. Pro-Trump people do find ways to mock their opponents, even over the amber dumbass's recent blethering about UV and bleach. The method of turning the tables is e.g. to post pics of the genuine research Trump was seemingly trying to allude to in his toddler manner, and then 'shopped pics of morons drinking or injecting bleach. Caption picture 1 "when Trump says" and picture 2 "Dems hear". Hey, presto. Suddenly the faithful can be reassured that Trump is not the imbecile, it's the biased fake news Democrat treasonous journalists who are morons, wilfully misunderstanding what their hero said.

It's a funny old world. Until I saw it, it would never have occurred to me that Trump supporters could do more than cringe and wait for this story to go away. But no. Mock the mockers for their stupidity. Fascinating. And horrifying.

secret squirrel
Fuzzable
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:42 pm

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by secret squirrel » Fri May 08, 2020 3:39 am

How likely is Biden to beat a more conventionally respectable and better organized Republican though? Since Trump plays pretty much from the Republican playbook in terms of policy, if not rhetoric, him getting sick and dying might not be the best thing in the medium/long term.

User avatar
jimbob
Dorkwood
Posts: 1388
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 pm
Location: High Peak/Manchester

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by jimbob » Fri May 08, 2020 5:48 am

secret squirrel wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 3:39 am
How likely is Biden to beat a more conventionally respectable and better organized Republican though? Since Trump plays pretty much from the Republican playbook in terms of policy, if not rhetoric, him getting sick and dying might not be the best thing in the medium/long term.
I would prefer his dementia to get so obvious that even his cultists have to own it, and that they were told beforehand.
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

EACLucifer
Snowbonk
Posts: 511
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:49 am
Location: Behind you

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by EACLucifer » Fri May 08, 2020 7:46 am

His response to the Lincoln Project's "Mourning in America" ad did not seem tremendously hinged, even by his own low standards. He really can't cope with criticism from former Republicans, can he?

The ad is here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_yG_-K2MDo

secret squirrel
Fuzzable
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:42 pm

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by secret squirrel » Fri May 08, 2020 9:41 am

jimbob wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 5:48 am
secret squirrel wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 3:39 am
How likely is Biden to beat a more conventionally respectable and better organized Republican though? Since Trump plays pretty much from the Republican playbook in terms of policy, if not rhetoric, him getting sick and dying might not be the best thing in the medium/long term.
I would prefer his dementia to get so obvious that even his cultists have to own it, and that they were told beforehand.
I honestly wasn't sure for a moment whether you were talking about Trump or Biden there.

User avatar
dyqik
After Pie
Posts: 2184
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:19 pm
Location: Masshole
Contact:

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by dyqik » Fri May 08, 2020 2:16 pm

secret squirrel wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 3:39 am
How likely is Biden to beat a more conventionally respectable and better organized Republican though? Since Trump plays pretty much from the Republican playbook in terms of policy, if not rhetoric, him getting sick and dying might not be the best thing in the medium/long term.
There aren't any conventionally respectable and better organized Republicans in the running. Anyone who could win the GOP nomination is a Trumpist now.

secret squirrel
Fuzzable
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:42 pm

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by secret squirrel » Sat May 09, 2020 2:09 am

dyqik wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 2:16 pm
secret squirrel wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 3:39 am
How likely is Biden to beat a more conventionally respectable and better organized Republican though? Since Trump plays pretty much from the Republican playbook in terms of policy, if not rhetoric, him getting sick and dying might not be the best thing in the medium/long term.
There aren't any conventionally respectable and better organized Republicans in the running. Anyone who could win the GOP nomination is a Trumpist now.
Surely even the Trumpists who might take over don't have the unique combination of personal and professional failings that Trump himself does.

User avatar
jimbob
Dorkwood
Posts: 1388
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 pm
Location: High Peak/Manchester

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by jimbob » Sat May 09, 2020 8:07 am

secret squirrel wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 2:09 am
dyqik wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 2:16 pm
secret squirrel wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 3:39 am
How likely is Biden to beat a more conventionally respectable and better organized Republican though? Since Trump plays pretty much from the Republican playbook in terms of policy, if not rhetoric, him getting sick and dying might not be the best thing in the medium/long term.
There aren't any conventionally respectable and better organized Republicans in the running. Anyone who could win the GOP nomination is a Trumpist now.
Surely even the Trumpists who might take over don't have the unique combination of personal and professional failings that Trump himself does.
Well the next in line in the GOP is Pence, who would probably regard Trump's removal as part of God's plan to install Pence as President.
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

secret squirrel
Fuzzable
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:42 pm

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by secret squirrel » Sat May 09, 2020 1:13 pm

jimbob wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 8:07 am
Well the next in line in the GOP is Pence, who would probably regard Trump's removal as part of God's plan to install Pence as President.
Pence doesn't go on deranged twitter rants though, so he's got that going for him.

User avatar
dyqik
After Pie
Posts: 2184
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:19 pm
Location: Masshole
Contact:

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by dyqik » Sat May 09, 2020 1:49 pm

secret squirrel wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 1:13 pm
jimbob wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 8:07 am
Well the next in line in the GOP is Pence, who would probably regard Trump's removal as part of God's plan to install Pence as President.
Pence doesn't go on deranged twitter rants though, so he's got that going for him.
Thing is, Trump's base probably won't turn out for someone who doesn't "make the libs cry". They're in it for the daily Twitter rants.

secret squirrel
Fuzzable
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:42 pm

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by secret squirrel » Mon May 11, 2020 11:35 am

dyqik wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 1:49 pm
secret squirrel wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 1:13 pm
jimbob wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 8:07 am
Well the next in line in the GOP is Pence, who would probably regard Trump's removal as part of God's plan to install Pence as President.
Pence doesn't go on deranged twitter rants though, so he's got that going for him.
Thing is, Trump's base probably won't turn out for someone who doesn't "make the libs cry". They're in it for the daily Twitter rants.
I don't know. I think a lot of the base will turn out for the Republicans anyway, and Trump is also unpopular with a lot of other people who generally vote Republican, and who the Democrats appear to be trying to court. It seems like the first argument that comes out about why it's important to vote for Biden is just how uniquely bad Trump is anyway. Harder to make that argument if Trump is dead.

User avatar
Bird on a Fire
Stummy Beige
Posts: 3387
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:05 pm
Location: nadir of brie

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by Bird on a Fire » Mon May 11, 2020 11:46 am

secret squirrel wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:35 am
dyqik wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 1:49 pm
secret squirrel wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 1:13 pm

Pence doesn't go on deranged twitter rants though, so he's got that going for him.
Thing is, Trump's base probably won't turn out for someone who doesn't "make the libs cry". They're in it for the daily Twitter rants.
I don't know. I think a lot of the base will turn out for the Republicans anyway, and Trump is also unpopular with a lot of other people who generally vote Republican, and who the Democrats appear to be trying to court. It seems like the first argument that comes out about why it's important to vote for Biden is just how uniquely bad Trump is anyway. Harder to make that argument if Trump is dead.
It's an interesting question - were Trump to die before the election, would the Republican campaign be fought on trying to continue his legacy, or would they immediately throw him under the bus and try to go "back to normal", to win over the non-loony and less-loony conservatives that Biden is courting.

I expect it would depend on whether his replacement was able to excite Trump's base in the same way. I'm not sure Pence could, for example, but then again he's also relatively loony so might not have much success running as a 'sensible' candidate.
Born at 356.32 ppm CO2 #ShowYourStripes

tom p
Catbabel
Posts: 625
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:14 pm
Location: the low countries

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by tom p » Mon May 11, 2020 11:50 am

Pence is only loony in a European context. To merkins he's straight-up mainstream republican.
Don't forget, America is a theocracy in all but name, so his extremist religious positions and extreme religiosity are normal for them.

User avatar
dyqik
After Pie
Posts: 2184
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:19 pm
Location: Masshole
Contact:

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by dyqik » Mon May 11, 2020 12:47 pm

secret squirrel wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:35 am
dyqik wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 1:49 pm
secret squirrel wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 1:13 pm

Pence doesn't go on deranged twitter rants though, so he's got that going for him.
Thing is, Trump's base probably won't turn out for someone who doesn't "make the libs cry". They're in it for the daily Twitter rants.
I don't know. I think a lot of the base will turn out for the Republicans anyway, and Trump is also unpopular with a lot of other people who generally vote Republican, and who the Democrats appear to be trying to court. It seems like the first argument that comes out about why it's important to vote for Biden is just how uniquely bad Trump is anyway. Harder to make that argument if Trump is dead.
Trump only won in 2016 by winning a few normally slightly Blue states - PA, OH, WI. He did that by turning out people who were habitual Democrat voters (based on family history with unions, etc.), but often didn't vote.

Take away Trump, and there's a very good chance that Cruz, Pence or someone like that is seen as part of the old "swamp", and they just don't turn out in sufficient numbers.

But remember we're taking 1 or 2% differences in turnout here to swing things.

FlammableFlower
Catbabel
Posts: 623
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:22 pm

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by FlammableFlower » Mon May 11, 2020 10:33 pm

And... having liberally sprinkled some racism along with the misogyny in his dealings with journalists, he walks out of his press conference.

User avatar
Grumble
Catbabel
Posts: 938
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:03 pm

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by Grumble » Sat May 16, 2020 6:15 pm

This thread may have some Covid stuff in recently, not sure it’s a Covid thread as such though. Anyway, I just came here to laugh about “super duper missiles” and marvel at the mind that produced such a phrase.
I know this is vitriol, no solution, spleen venting, but I feel better having screamed, don’t you?

User avatar
jimbob
Dorkwood
Posts: 1388
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 pm
Location: High Peak/Manchester

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by jimbob » Sat May 16, 2020 11:03 pm

Grumble wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 6:15 pm
This thread may have some Covid stuff in recently, not sure it’s a Covid thread as such though. Anyway, I just came here to laugh about “super duper missiles” and marvel at the mind that produced such a phrase.
https://twitter.com/TomJChicago/status/ ... 13378?s=20

Well worth reading his tweets on Trump's decline
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

User avatar
tenchboy
Snowbonk
Posts: 451
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:18 pm
Location: Down amongst the potamogeton.

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by tenchboy » Sun May 17, 2020 9:42 am

jimbob wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 11:03 pm
Grumble wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 6:15 pm
This thread may have some Covid stuff in recently, not sure it’s a Covid thread as such though. Anyway, I just came here to laugh about “super duper missiles” and marvel at the mind that produced such a phrase.
https://twitter.com/TomJChicago/status/ ... 13378?s=20

Well worth reading his tweets on Trump's decline
Lots of interesting stuff further down that page/thread/tab/tweet whatever you call it that you linked to jim: does it stay like that or does it change as more stuff is added?

User avatar
Grumble
Catbabel
Posts: 938
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:03 pm

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by Grumble » Sun May 17, 2020 3:48 pm

My six y-o boy just demonstrated his super-duper turbo speed to me when running to the post box. Trump literally has the vocab of a six year old boy.
I know this is vitriol, no solution, spleen venting, but I feel better having screamed, don’t you?

User avatar
jimbob
Dorkwood
Posts: 1388
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 pm
Location: High Peak/Manchester

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by jimbob » Sun May 17, 2020 4:33 pm

tenchboy wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 9:42 am
jimbob wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 11:03 pm
Grumble wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 6:15 pm
This thread may have some Covid stuff in recently, not sure it’s a Covid thread as such though. Anyway, I just came here to laugh about “super duper missiles” and marvel at the mind that produced such a phrase.
https://twitter.com/TomJChicago/status/ ... 13378?s=20

Well worth reading his tweets on Trump's decline
Lots of interesting stuff further down that page/thread/tab/tweet whatever you call it that you linked to jim: does it stay like that or does it change as more stuff is added?
I think it changes as more stuff is added. His pinned tweet is a very long thread now
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

User avatar
jimbob
Dorkwood
Posts: 1388
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 pm
Location: High Peak/Manchester

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by jimbob » Sun May 17, 2020 5:21 pm

jimbob wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 4:33 pm
tenchboy wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 9:42 am
jimbob wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 11:03 pm


https://twitter.com/TomJChicago/status/ ... 13378?s=20

Well worth reading his tweets on Trump's decline
Lots of interesting stuff further down that page/thread/tab/tweet whatever you call it that you linked to jim: does it stay like that or does it change as more stuff is added?
I think it changes as more stuff is added. His pinned tweet is a very long thread now
Actually, it isn't anymore. It ysed to contain all tge details too
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

User avatar
jimbob
Dorkwood
Posts: 1388
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 pm
Location: High Peak/Manchester

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by jimbob » Fri May 29, 2020 5:29 pm

jimbob wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 5:21 pm
jimbob wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 4:33 pm
tenchboy wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 9:42 am


Lots of interesting stuff further down that page/thread/tab/tweet whatever you call it that you linked to jim: does it stay like that or does it change as more stuff is added?
I think it changes as more stuff is added. His pinned tweet is a very long thread now
Actually, it isn't anymore. It sued to contain all the details too
And a new dozy of a find by him:

https://twitter.com/TomJChicago/status/ ... 03427?s=20
See anyone you know? This pic was part of a lecture given in 1888 by Jean-Martin Charcot a renowned French neurologist & professor of anatomical pathology. He was noting precise differences & characteristics of the PSP form of Frontotemporal Dementia even b4 it had it's own name
EYn0ctTXkAI8hpB.png
EYn0ctTXkAI8hpB.png (86.95 KiB) Viewed 1222 times
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

User avatar
headshot
Fuzzable
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:40 am

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by headshot » Fri May 29, 2020 5:43 pm


Post Reply