Donald Trump's health

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
User avatar
sTeamTraen
Catbabel
Posts: 937
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:24 pm

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by sTeamTraen » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:51 pm

tenchboy wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:40 am
"Antimetheria"
I googled that, and got only two hits, both of which were on the same site (duplicates of the same page, I think). It's been a long time since that happened.
Something something hammer something something nail

User avatar
dyqik
After Pie
Posts: 2511
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:19 pm
Location: Masshole
Contact:

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by dyqik » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:03 pm

Trump is now blaming the families of soldiers killed in action for giving him the virus. Just in case anyone though he knew anything about politics.

User avatar
Little waster
Catbabel
Posts: 895
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:35 am
Location: About 1 inch behind my eyes

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by Little waster » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:14 pm

dyqik wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:03 pm
Trump is now blaming the families of soldiers killed in action for giving him the virus. Just in case anyone though he knew anything about politics.
Of course the true irony would be if the soldiers had been killed because of the bounties Trump's BFF Putin had put on them.
People who use Godwin's Law are worse than Hitler.

User avatar
tenchboy
Snowbonk
Posts: 509
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:18 pm
Location: Down amongst the potamogeton.

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by tenchboy » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:17 pm

sTeamTraen wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:51 pm
tenchboy wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:40 am
"Antimetheria"
I googled that, and got only two hits, both of which were on the same site (duplicates of the same page, I think). It's been a long time since that happened.
Got it
Aunty Maria!
Ther's two things I remember from schooltime english: antimeria and litotes - which is not unbecoming - and after all that time, only one of them was wrong!

User avatar
headshot
Fuzzable
Posts: 311
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:40 am

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by headshot » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:17 pm

He’s also said this. Those ‘roids must be amazing.
Attachments
A8D3AC3D-05FD-484E-B4F9-430ACCC2C7EC.jpeg
A8D3AC3D-05FD-484E-B4F9-430ACCC2C7EC.jpeg (139.58 KiB) Viewed 657 times

User avatar
dyqik
After Pie
Posts: 2511
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:19 pm
Location: Masshole
Contact:

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by dyqik » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:38 pm

Pelosi is baiting him today, by saying she's going to be discussing the 25th Amendment tomorrow.

User avatar
snoozeofreason
Clardic Fug
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:22 pm

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by snoozeofreason » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:39 pm

tenchboy wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:40 am
"Antimetheria"
Well if Antimetheria so great, why did you come to this planet? Bet it's the social security.
In six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them. The human body was knocked up pretty late on the Friday afternoon, with a deadline looming. How well do you expect it to work?

User avatar
Martin Y
Dorkwood
Posts: 1316
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:08 pm

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by Martin Y » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:09 pm

snoozeofreason wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:39 pm
tenchboy wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:40 am
"Antimetheria"
Well if Antimetheria so great, why did you come to this planet? Bet it's the social security.
Antimetheria delenda est.

EACLucifer
Catbabel
Posts: 724
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:49 am
Location: Behind you

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by EACLucifer » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:53 pm

dyqik wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:03 pm
Trump is now blaming the families of soldiers killed in action for giving him the virus. Just in case anyone though he knew anything about politics.
Aside from the horrible optics and generally horrible nature of that claim, it isn't even remotely plausible, given the amount of people associated with the Rose Garden gloatfest the day before that have tested positive.

Far more likely, he infected them. This is also the event most likely to have infected Admiral Ray and thus the reason for General Thomas's infection and the rest of the Chiefs of Staff being in quarantine.

bmforre
Fuzzable
Posts: 321
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:15 pm
Location: Trondheim

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by bmforre » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:31 pm

Those present at White House judge presentation need to be tested
D.C.-area health officials sent an open letter Thursday urging people connected to a Sept. 26 event at the White House to get tested for the coronavirus and to connect with their local health departments.

D.C. Health Director LaQuandra Nesbitt and health directors from Arlington, Fairfax and Montgomery counties were among the 10 officials who co-signed the letter.

The health officials urged people who worked in the White House in the past two weeks, attended the Supreme Court announcement in the Rose Garden or have had close contact with people who did, to get tested and to use their local health departments as a resource. The letter contains contact information for the departments.

EACLucifer
Catbabel
Posts: 724
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:49 am
Location: Behind you

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by EACLucifer » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:36 pm

Pence, whose bloodshot eyes caused a spike of searches yesterday re covid symptoms and pink eyes, has cancelled some events and is going back to Washington. Whether that's got owt to do with his health, or Trump's health, remains to be determined.

User avatar
dyqik
After Pie
Posts: 2511
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:19 pm
Location: Masshole
Contact:

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by dyqik » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:37 pm

EACLucifer wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:36 pm
Pence, whose bloodshot eyes caused a spike of searches yesterday re covid symptoms and pink eyes, has cancelled some events and is going back to Washington. Whether that's got owt to do with his health, or Trump's health, remains to be determined.
Or a sudden need to preside in the Senate.

User avatar
jimbob
After Pie
Posts: 1623
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 pm
Location: High Peak/Manchester

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by jimbob » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:01 pm

dyqik wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:37 pm
EACLucifer wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:36 pm
Pence, whose bloodshot eyes caused a spike of searches yesterday re covid symptoms and pink eyes, has cancelled some events and is going back to Washington. Whether that's got owt to do with his health, or Trump's health, remains to be determined.
Or a sudden need to preside in the Senate.
What happens with Pelosi poking the 25th Amendment wasp nest? Is it clear who determines that the POTUS is unfit?
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

User avatar
dyqik
After Pie
Posts: 2511
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:19 pm
Location: Masshole
Contact:

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by dyqik » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:05 pm

jimbob wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:01 pm
dyqik wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:37 pm
EACLucifer wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:36 pm
Pence, whose bloodshot eyes caused a spike of searches yesterday re covid symptoms and pink eyes, has cancelled some events and is going back to Washington. Whether that's got owt to do with his health, or Trump's health, remains to be determined.
Or a sudden need to preside in the Senate.
What happens with Pelosi poking the 25th Amendment wasp nest? Is it clear who determines that the POTUS is unfit?
Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.
Bolded bit is what's afoot here - Congress hasn't named another body yet. It still needs Pence to be onboard, mind. And naming such a board needs the Senate. But with three Senators at least quarantining...

User avatar
Bird on a Fire
Stummy Beige
Posts: 3808
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:05 pm
Location: nadir of brie

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by Bird on a Fire » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:32 pm

So Pence could do a coup before the election?

That would be funny.
“One of the penalties of an ecological education is that one lives alone in a world of wounds.”
― Aldo Leopold, A Sand County Almanac (1949)

#ShowYourStripes

User avatar
jimbob
After Pie
Posts: 1623
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 pm
Location: High Peak/Manchester

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by jimbob » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:41 pm

Bird on a Fire wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:32 pm
So Pence could do a coup before the election?

That would be funny.
He might think it's God's will.
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

EACLucifer
Catbabel
Posts: 724
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:49 am
Location: Behind you

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by EACLucifer » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:52 pm

Oh to be a fly-on-the-head during those meetings :D

EACLucifer
Catbabel
Posts: 724
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:49 am
Location: Behind you

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by EACLucifer » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:44 am

After a deranged string of tweets blaming Governor Whitmer for being the target of a terrorist plot, whining that she didn't thank him enough for federal aid - not sure if that aid was real or in Trump's imagination - and referring to federal organisations like the FBI as if they are his personal property, he has phoned up Hannity for even more utter lunacy.

This includes things like doubling down on his attacks on Whitmer - who has just today been identified as the target of a terrorist kidnapping plot foiled by the FBI - refusing to discuss his ongoing test results, claiming he'll set up his own debates, claiming Ralph Northam "executed a baby" and accusing all his political opponents of treason and spying on him.

I doubt it will come to much, but the 25th amendment definitely needs to be used right the f.ck now.

ETA: Oh and everyone's saying his voice is extremely hoarse and sometimes giving out.

EACLucifer
Catbabel
Posts: 724
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:49 am
Location: Behind you

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by EACLucifer » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:07 am

EACLucifer wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:44 am
After a deranged string of tweets blaming Governor Whitmer for being the target of a terrorist plot, whining that she didn't thank him enough for federal aid - not sure if that aid was real or in Trump's imagination - and referring to federal organisations like the FBI as if they are his personal property, he has phoned up Hannity for even more utter lunacy.

This includes things like doubling down on his attacks on Whitmer - who has just today been identified as the target of a terrorist kidnapping plot foiled by the FBI - refusing to discuss his ongoing test results, claiming he'll set up his own debates, claiming Ralph Northam "executed a baby" and accusing all his political opponents of treason and spying on him.

I doubt it will come to much, but the 25th amendment definitely needs to be used right the f.ck now.

ETA: Oh and everyone's saying his voice is extremely hoarse and sometimes giving out.
I realise this post seems incoherent. That's because I was trying to sum something up that was extremely incoherent.

User avatar
bob sterman
Fuzzable
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:25 pm

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by bob sterman » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:16 am

Unfortunately while there is no question - he lacks capacity - I fear that attempts to remove him from office (if they don't succeed) could boost his electoral support.

FlammableFlower
Catbabel
Posts: 726
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:22 pm

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by FlammableFlower » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:42 am

EACLucifer wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:07 am
EACLucifer wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:44 am
After a deranged string of tweets blaming Governor Whitmer for being the target of a terrorist plot, whining that she didn't thank him enough for federal aid - not sure if that aid was real or in Trump's imagination - and referring to federal organisations like the FBI as if they are his personal property, he has phoned up Hannity for even more utter lunacy.

This includes things like doubling down on his attacks on Whitmer - who has just today been identified as the target of a terrorist kidnapping plot foiled by the FBI - refusing to discuss his ongoing test results, claiming he'll set up his own debates, claiming Ralph Northam "executed a baby" and accusing all his political opponents of treason and spying on him.

I doubt it will come to much, but the 25th amendment definitely needs to be used right the f.ck now.

ETA: Oh and everyone's saying his voice is extremely hoarse and sometimes giving out.
I realise this post seems incoherent. That's because I was trying to sum something up that was extremely incoherent.
To be honest, I think you did the best possible effort given the sheer lunacy of the comments and any confusion just serves to highlight the situation!

User avatar
Vertigowooyay
Fuzzable
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:25 pm

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by Vertigowooyay » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:11 pm

EACLucifer wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:44 am

I doubt it will come to much, but the 25th amendment definitely needs to be used right the f.ck now.
Even Hannity didn’t know what the f.ck was going on here:
"California is gonna have to ration water. You wanna know why? Because they send millions of gallons of water out to sea, out to the Pacific. Because they want to take care of certain little tiny fish, that aren't doing very well without water."
"Number one, [California] should let water come down from the north, and accept it instead of throwing it out to the Pacific. But you always have to have forest management"
Calm yourself Doctor NotTheNineO’ClockNews. We’re men of science. We fear no worldly terrors.

User avatar
sTeamTraen
Catbabel
Posts: 937
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:24 pm

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by sTeamTraen » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:35 pm

Can someone explain to me why we are [only now] hearing talk of the 25th amendment?

First, it seems like a distraction from a likely Biden win ("the evil Democrats are trying to get rid of Trump this way because they know they will lose the election once their rigging is revealed", etc etc).

Second, I can't see what is qualitatively worse about [what I have seen of] Trump's recent behaviour compared to the rest of the past almost-four-years.

Third, he actually seems to be coping quite well with COVID-19, by the standards of what we'd been led to expect. In fact his case seems to give hope to a lot of overweight 70+ people (we sometimes forget that 90%+ of them survive COVID, most with no lingering side effects). I appreciate that he probably has a toot of something before he goes on camera, but again, that's not news. If he keels over mid-speech then let me know, but for the moment, either he is doing OK or his doctors are prepared to say he is, and it's hard to get past that while we are hamstrung by the presumption of decency.

I mean, obviously like everyone else I want him and his entire family and entourage to f.ck off and be put in prison for a long time, but does anyone really think that Pence is going to enter into a discussion with Pelosi about a handover of power? Clearly not, so what is the point of the exercise?
Something something hammer something something nail

User avatar
dyqik
After Pie
Posts: 2511
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:19 pm
Location: Masshole
Contact:

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by dyqik » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:38 pm

sTeamTraen wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:35 pm
Can someone explain to me why we are [only now] hearing talk of the 25th amendment?

First, it seems like a distraction from a likely Biden win ("the evil Democrats are trying to get rid of Trump this way because they know they will lose the election once their rigging is revealed", etc etc).

Second, I can't see what is qualitatively worse about [what I have seen of] Trump's recent behaviour compared to the rest of the past almost-four-years.

Third, he actually seems to be coping quite well with COVID-19, by the standards of what we'd been led to expect. In fact his case seems to give hope to a lot of overweight 70+ people (we sometimes forget that 90%+ of them survive COVID, most with no lingering side effects). I appreciate that he probably has a toot of something before he goes on camera, but again, that's not news. If he keels over mid-speech then let me know, but for the moment, either he is doing OK or his doctors are prepared to say he is, and it's hard to get past that while we are hamstrung by the presumption of decency.

I mean, obviously like everyone else I want him and his entire family and entourage to f.ck off and be put in prison for a long time, but does anyone really think that Pence is going to enter into a discussion with Pelosi about a handover of power? Clearly not, so what is the point of the exercise?
It's about the lame duck period more than the election, I think.

And Trump is definitely less stable than before. Today he's talking about the forest nation of Austria's explosive trees and threatening to nuke Iran.

User avatar
Gfamily
After Pie
Posts: 1759
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:00 pm

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by Gfamily » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:44 pm

sTeamTraen wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:35 pm
Can someone explain to me why we are [only now] hearing talk of the 25th amendment?

First, it seems like a distraction from a likely Biden win ("the evil Democrats are trying to get rid of Trump this way because they know they will lose the election once their rigging is revealed", etc etc).
"It's actually so that the Dems can get rid of Biden and put Kamla Harris in charge"
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 7765660675
My avatar was a scientific result that was later found to be 'mistaken' - I rarely claim to be 100% correct
ETA 5/8/20: I've been advised that the result was correct, it was the initial interpretation that needed to be withdrawn
Meta? I'd say so!

Post Reply