US police & murders of black men

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
Post Reply
User avatar
Grumble
Stummy Beige
Posts: 2733
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:03 pm

Re: US police & murders of black men

Post by Grumble » Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:17 pm

jimbob wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:49 am
Not a murder, merely an Ohio police chief retiring after a prank

https://t.co/OusP1ZEdfm?amp=1

because putting KKK stickers on a black subordinate's desk could in no way be considered harassment.
Some of those that work forces…
Would you like your chakras realigned?

User avatar
Grumble
Stummy Beige
Posts: 2733
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:03 pm

Re: US police & murders of black men

Post by Grumble » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:14 pm

Would you like your chakras realigned?

Millennie Al
Dorkwood
Posts: 1175
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:02 am

Re: US police & murders of black men

Post by Millennie Al » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:38 pm

Grumble wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:14 pm
Has everyone seen this?
https://www.wonkette.com/philly-cops-be ... -2-million
Why are these police not facing criminal convictions? Dismissal from their jobs is completely insufficient.
Covid-19 - Don't catch it: don't spread it.

User avatar
Bird on a Fire
Princess POW
Posts: 7890
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:05 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: US police & murders of black men

Post by Bird on a Fire » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:47 pm

Millennie Al wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:38 pm
Grumble wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:14 pm
Has everyone seen this?
https://www.wonkette.com/philly-cops-be ... -2-million
Why are these police not facing criminal convictions? Dismissal from their jobs is completely insufficient.
You're all caught up, well done.
You can shove your climate crisis up your arse!

Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door.

User avatar
jimbob
Stummy Beige
Posts: 3165
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 pm
Location: High Peak/Manchester

Re: US police & murders of black men

Post by jimbob » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:32 pm

Yup - if you want a far more-comprehensive and eye-opening thread try this on internationalskeptics

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... p?t=351083
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

User avatar
Woodchopper
Light of Blast
Posts: 4613
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:05 am

Re: US police & murders of black men

Post by Woodchopper » Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:43 am

sTeamTraen wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:01 pm
Bird on a Fire wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:22 pm
Minneapolis PD couldn't quite make it to the end of the trial without shooting another black man, this time apparently for the crime of re-entering his own vehicle during a traffic stop.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56714346
Apparently the officer meant to fire her taser but fired her gun by accident. <Sure_Jan.gif>


Untitled.png
The officer has been found guilty of first and second degree manslaughter.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ou ... a-rcna9408

User avatar
Fishnut
After Pie
Posts: 1801
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:15 pm
Location: UK

Re: US police & murders of black men

Post by Fishnut » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:24 am

Woodchopper wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:43 am
sTeamTraen wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:01 pm
Bird on a Fire wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:22 pm
Minneapolis PD couldn't quite make it to the end of the trial without shooting another black man, this time apparently for the crime of re-entering his own vehicle during a traffic stop.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56714346
Apparently the officer meant to fire her taser but fired her gun by accident. <Sure_Jan.gif>


Untitled.png
The officer has been found guilty of first and second degree manslaughter.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ou ... a-rcna9408
That's good news
it's okay to say "I don't know"

User avatar
Bird on a Fire
Princess POW
Posts: 7890
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:05 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: US police & murders of black men

Post by Bird on a Fire » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:53 pm

Life without parole for Ahmaud Arbery's murderers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59912361
You can shove your climate crisis up your arse!

Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door.

Herainestold
Dorkwood
Posts: 1547
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:23 pm

Re: US police & murders of black men

Post by Herainestold » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:00 pm

I guess capital punishment is reserved for POC people.
Dark days lie ahead.

monkey
Dorkwood
Posts: 1013
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:10 pm

Re: US police & murders of black men

Post by monkey » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:25 pm

Herainestold wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:00 pm
I guess capital punishment is reserved for POC people.
Here is a list of things you must be found guilty od to get a death sentence in Georgia: wiki clicky. I don't think these murdering c.nts did any of these. Closest is Aggravated Battery, but they were done for Aggravated Assault. So in this case, I don't think there was racism involved in the decision of the prosecutors not to seek it.


ETA emphasis on the 'in this case' bit. I am aware of racial disparities in the application of the death penalty.

Also, no one should get it, anyway.

Herainestold
Dorkwood
Posts: 1547
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:23 pm

Re: US police & murders of black men

Post by Herainestold » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:02 pm

monkey wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:25 pm
Also, no one should get it, anyway.
I used to think that. I no longer do.
Dark days lie ahead.

Post Reply