Conservative Party readmits Holocaust denier councillor

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Conservative Party readmits Holocaust denier councillor

Post by Bird on a Fire » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:24 pm

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-st ... -1-6689490
Writing on an internet forum back in 2013 under the alias Razgriz, Houghton said there is “no credible evidence to suggest the Holocaust did not happen” but that “I do find some of the events fabricated, and exegarated [sic] in some cases.”

He added: “As history is written by the victors there is always going to be a bit of re-writing.”

In other posts he suggests creating a debating society on the forum with some of the suggested topics including “Britain would of [sic] been better staying out of world war two” and that “the events of WW2 mainly the holocaust have been exaggerated by the victors.”

He also suggested that homosexuality was not “good” for the human race, and that the “core teaching” of Islam is the “eventual domination” of the world.

At the time he had been a Tory general election candidate for the Aberdeen North constituency.
I'm sure the media will be cracking down as hard on this as they did on Corbyn's failures to tackle anti-Semitism.
We have the right to a clean, healthy, sustainable environment.

lpm
Junior Mod

Re: Conservative Party readmits Holocaust denier councillor

Post by lpm » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:00 pm

You know, it sort of makes you wonder if maybe the Tories are c.nts.
⭐ Awarded gold star 4 November 2021

Martin_B
After Pie

Post by Martin_B » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:38 am

Whenever someone starts spouting things like:
the “core teaching” of Islam is the “eventual domination” of the world
I wonder if they are unaware that the core teaching of the Christian churches is also the domination of the world. What do they think missionaries were for?
"My interest is in the future, because I'm going to spend the rest of my life there"

TopBadger
Catbabel

Post by TopBadger » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:00 am

Bird on a Fire wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:24 pm

I'm sure the media will be cracking down as hard on this as they did on Corbyn's failures to tackle anti-Semitism.
The 20% of outlets that aren't right wing might...
lpm wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:00 pm
You know, it sort of makes you wonder if maybe the Tories are c.nts.
The uncertainty in the 'Tories are c.nts' measurement drops by the day...
Martin_B wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:38 am
Whenever someone starts spouting things like:
the “core teaching” of Islam is the “eventual domination” of the world
I wonder if they are unaware that the core teaching of the Christian churches is also the domination of the world. What do they think missionaries were for?
Yebbut - 'your side' dominating is good whereas any 'other side' dominating is bad... obvs.
You can't polish a turd...
unless its Lion or Osterich poo... http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/mythbus ... -turd.html

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:26 pm

TopBadger wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:00 am
Bird on a Fire wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:24 pm

The 20% of outlets that aren't right wing might...
I remember when the odious Rod Liddle was being touted as potential editor of the Independent Spoiler:

One of his supporters justified his support for Rod in an article for the Guardian.

His genuine argument was along the lines that because 80% of the media were blaming the liberal intelligentsia elites for all the nation's problems from a right-wing perspective then therefore Rod Liddle was uniquely qualified to re-balance the argument ... because he could blame the liberal intelligentsia elites for all the nation's problems from a left-wing perspective.

As you can imagine that gathered almost universal approval among the Sandalistas.

I'm sure if we thought hard enough some alternative could have presented itself.
This place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here.
What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.