Fine the homeless £1000 ...

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
Little waster
After Pie

Fine the homeless £1000 ...

Post by Little waster » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:32 pm

... that'll larn them!
The row centres on a plan for a public spaces protection order (PSPO) taking in the three towns

Tory councillors claimed the measures did not go far enough. They argued that begging, loitering in a public place, causing an obstruction in shop doorways or car parks and leaving unattended personal belongings such as bedding or bags should also be included.

People who violate PSPOs are liable for £100 fines that, if left unpaid, can result in summary convictions and £1,000 penalties

Well I can't see any possible flaws in that plan at all.
This place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here.
What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

Gfamily
Light of Blast

Re: Fine the homeless £1000 ...

Post by Gfamily » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:06 pm

Little waster wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:32 pm
... that'll larn them!
The row centres on a plan for a public spaces protection order (PSPO) taking in the three towns

Tory councillors claimed the measures did not go far enough. They argued that begging, loitering in a public place, causing an obstruction in shop doorways or car parks and leaving unattended personal belongings such as bedding or bags should also be included.

People who violate PSPOs are liable for £100 fines that, if left unpaid, can result in summary convictions and £1,000 penalties

Well I can't see any possible flaws in that plan at all.
There was a Goodies book, in the late 70s which presented a proposed budget with a revised tax structure in which people earning less than £20k had to pay annual tax of £20k.
People earning more than £20k didn't have to pay tax.

Meant the country was wealthy enough that it didn't need personal taxation.

This seems to be along the same lines, apart from not being satire of course.
My avatar was a scientific result that was later found to be 'mistaken' - I rarely claim to be 100% correct
ETA 5/8/20: I've been advised that the result was correct, it was the initial interpretation that needed to be withdrawn
Meta? I'd say so!