US 2021 Capitol insurrection

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
lpm
Junior Mod

Re: US 2021 Capitol insurrection

Post by lpm » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:47 am

Didn't this happen in 2021 not 2020? That's my recollection anyway.
⭐ Awarded gold star 4 November 2021

EACLucifer
Stummy Beige

Post by EACLucifer » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:51 am

Jim Clyburn talking on the radio. This one scares the hell out of me. He's an eighty year old man, for crying out loud. Yet it is obvious these neonazi scum would target him; he's got a key role in the Democratic party's majority, he was instrumental in Biden's win in the primaries, he's black, and more than that, he's a black man from the south.

Can't help but think it might be significant that various Proud Boy scum were spotted going on tours of the White House, capitol etc in the last couple of months.

While it's all kinds of fun to mock the f.cking idiots involved in this putsch, it's important to note just how close we were to seeing people like Jim Clyburn, Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi and, for that matter, Mike Pence murdered on a goddamn livestream.

EACLucifer
Stummy Beige

Post by EACLucifer » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:51 am

lpm wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:47 am
Yep. So did the attempted Georgia shakedown call. It's been a busy year, so far.

tenchboy
After Pie

Post by tenchboy » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:58 am

EACLucifer wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:48 am

While I am very much in agreement with this, it's worth remembering that the f.ckers that did this aren't the poor and the downtrodden. They are white collar, middle management or business owners, people who work in marketing and programming. Their grievances often boil down to "other people aren't held down enough so I can feel special". It's a similar dynamic to Islamic extremists, Hindu extremists, and, I'd wager, most extremism rooted in an identity, be it a race, nationality or religion.
Or indeed 'lawmakers' themselves: Derrick Evans from West Virginia; I don't know what his political 'rank' is as t'BBC seems to have adopted a universal policy of calling all politicians 'lawmakers' as if any other term is just way too complicated for us to understand or indeed for them to explain. (See also 'Experts' & 'Vandals' universal terms that tell us nothing)

How abut that! Footnotes exceed body of post!
If you want me Steve, just Snapchat me yeah? You know how to Snapchap me doncha Steve? You just...

Woodchopper
Princess POW

Post by Woodchopper » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:02 am

lpm wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:47 am
Arse!

Woodchopper
Princess POW

Post by Woodchopper » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:15 am

Pro-Trump rioter photographed in Pelosi's office arrested in Arkansas

The Arkansas man who broke into House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office, posed for pictures, and stole mail from her desk during a pro-Trump riot at the U.S. Capitol was arrested Friday.

The FBI field office in Little Rock confirmed that Richard "Bigo" Barnett, 60, surrendered to authorities in Arkansas on federal charges around 10 a.m. He was charged with entering a restricted building, violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds, and stealing public property. He faces up to one year in prison.

Barnett was booked into the Washington County jail at 12:49 p.m. He will ultimately be extradited to Washington, D.C.

“The shocking images of Mr. Barnett with his boots up on a desk in the Speaker of the House’s office on Wednesday was repulsive,” Jeff Rosen, Acting U.S. Attorney General said in a news release. “Those who are proven to have committed criminal acts during the storming of the Capitol will face justice.”
https://katv.com/news/local/pro-trump-r ... n-arkansas

Grumble
Light of Blast

Post by Grumble » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:43 am

EACLucifer wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:51 am

Jim Clyburn talking on the radio. This one scares the hell out of me. He's an eighty year old man, for crying out loud. Yet it is obvious these neonazi scum would target him; he's got a key role in the Democratic party's majority, he was instrumental in Biden's win in the primaries, he's black, and more than that, he's a black man from the south.

Can't help but think it might be significant that various Proud Boy scum were spotted going on tours of the White House, capitol etc in the last couple of months.

While it's all kinds of fun to mock the f.cking idiots involved in this putsch, it's important to note just how close we were to seeing people like Jim Clyburn, Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi and, for that matter, Mike Pence murdered on a goddamn livestream.
Along with at least two of the raiders having zip tie handcuffs this whole thing deserves the full attention of police and fbi. Really really scary stuff.
where once I used to scintillate
now I sin till ten past three

EACLucifer
Stummy Beige

Post by EACLucifer » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:53 am

Grumble wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:43 am
EACLucifer wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:51 am

Along with at least two of the raiders having zip tie handcuffs this whole thing deserves the full attention of police and fbi. Really really scary stuff.
I can't help but be reminded of the thwarted plot against Michigan, where the plan was allegedly to kidnap the governor and other lawmakers, then murder them

EACLucifer
Stummy Beige

Post by EACLucifer » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:57 am

Looks like it's not just marketers, small firm CEOs and programmers - we can add at least one Lt. Colonel to the list, by the look of it.

Grumble
Light of Blast

Post by Grumble » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:00 pm

EACLucifer wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:57 am
Looks like it's not just marketers, small firm CEOs and programmers - we can add at least one Lt. Colonel to the list, by the look of it.
He’s one of the ones with handcuffs isn’t he? How much higher does it go? Pretty sure it doesn’t go as high as the Chiefs of Staff or we’d have found out what a successful coup looks like, but Lt Colonel isn’t a GI.

EACLucifer
Stummy Beige

Post by EACLucifer » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:12 pm

Grumble wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:00 pm
EACLucifer wrote:
He’s one of the ones with handcuffs isn’t he? How much higher does it go? Pretty sure it doesn’t go as high as the Chiefs of Staff or we’d have found out what a successful coup looks like, but Lt Colonel isn’t a GI.
Not sure about who was on the ground, but in terms of buying into the conspiracy, there's a retired lieutenant general - a 3-star rank in a system that only normally goes up to 4 - in the form of Michael Flynn.

bjn
Stummy Beige

Post by bjn » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:22 pm

I’m seeing comments on facebook that are insane, there is a die hard chunk of the population that is totally divorced from reality. My ‘favourite’ is that it was all a BLM false flag operation out to discredit Trump, this idiot’s proof being a video where some of the non seditious protestors outside the Capital were calling on the seditious folks not to break into it. Evidence of the seditious insurrectionists being out and out trumpists, even from their own social media posts weren’t enough.

I’ve seen dozens likes this in my brief FB skim this morning.

This whole mess goes very deep and will take a major effort to clean up, if it ever can be.

It’s actually quite terrifying.

EACLucifer
Stummy Beige

Post by EACLucifer » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:32 pm

Oh, a lot of talk of police from other cities taking part in the putsch also

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:33 pm

Grumble wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:00 pm
EACLucifer wrote:
Yes it looks like a serious attempt, surrounded by a cover of dangerous clowns.
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:47 pm

lpm wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:33 am
The dead rioter was a Q Anon addict. Retweeted every mad claim by Lin Wood. Thought today was the day America was delivered from the pedos.

Already a martyr among the Q sphere. Unclear how she was radicalized - she was a long serving USAF vet with husband but no children.
https://www.bellingcat.com/news/2021/01 ... i-babbitt/

Interesting article

Martin Y
Stummy Beige

Post by Martin Y » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:48 pm

Grumble wrote:
... Along with at least two of the raiders having zip tie handcuffs this whole thing deserves the full attention of police and fbi. Really really scary stuff.
All hearsay ATM but I did read elsewhere that this guy and another seen with those zip tie cuffs stole them from a cop's bag. It's slightly less chilling than thinking they had deliberately brought them along, though obviously the implied "these will come in handy" thought paints a less than rosy picture of their intentions.

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:53 pm

Martin Y wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:48 pm
Grumble wrote:
... Along with at least two of the raiders having zip tie handcuffs this whole thing deserves the full attention of police and fbi. Really really scary stuff.
All hearsay ATM but I did read elsewhere that this guy and another seen with those zip tie cuffs stole them from a cop's bag. It's slightly less chilling than thinking they had deliberately brought them along, though obviously the implied "these will come in handy" thought paints a less than rosy picture of their intentions.
He didn't steal the handgun holstered on his right hip though.

Martin Y
Stummy Beige

Post by Martin Y » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:01 pm

jimbob wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:53 pm
That's another point: I thought openly carrying firearms was unlawful in DC.

Boustrophedon
Stummy Beige

Post by Boustrophedon » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:03 pm

shpalman wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:37 am
rps20210109_073434.jpg
I've seen that somewhere else...
Perit hic laetatio.

Grumble
Light of Blast

Post by Grumble » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:11 pm

jimbob wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:53 pm
Martin Y wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:48 pm
Grumble wrote:
Is it a gun or a taser?

Martin Y
Stummy Beige

Post by Martin Y » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:47 pm

We know at least one had a taser, because he accidentally tasered himself and died.

lpm
Junior Mod

Post by lpm » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:17 pm

Allegedly. Like the don't tread on me story, these might be parables that aren't literally true.
⭐ Awarded gold star 4 November 2021

Martin Y
Stummy Beige

Post by Martin Y » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:32 pm

lpm wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:17 pm
Allegedly. Like the don't tread on me story, these might be parables that aren't literally true.
Like the one about the dead woman having been searching for the entrance to the secret tunnel leading to the Pizzagate dungeon. Which I just started.

bjn
Stummy Beige

Post by bjn » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:51 pm

lpm wrote:
Five seconds in google. Her name was Rosanne Boyland, she was inside the Capitol committing insurrection when she died. At best she was foolish and deluded by the c.nts behind QAnon, of whom she was a huge fan.

dyqik
Princess POW

Post by dyqik » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:57 pm

Martin Y wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:32 pm
lpm wrote:
Like the one about the dead woman having been searching for the entrance to the secret tunnel leading to the Pizzagate dungeon. Which I just started.
You almost certainly didn't start it first.