US 2021 Capitol insurrection

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
Post Reply
User avatar
jimbob
After Pie
Posts: 2099
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 pm
Location: High Peak/Manchester

Re: US 2021 Capitol insurrection

Post by jimbob » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:51 am

JQH wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:26 am
lpm wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:16 am
...
I don't really mind everyone pretending this was a coup, because that's the way to destroy Trumpism. But it's obviously not and history won't record it that way once the crisis is over.
Coup "a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government."

Wednesday was definitely an attempted coup under this definition. Badly thought out and organised as has been said but a coup none the less.
From ISF:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... st13355885
JoeMorgue wrote:A failed coup without consequences is just a training exercise.
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

User avatar
El Pollo Diablo
After Pie
Posts: 1600
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:41 pm
Location: FBPE

Re: US 2021 Capitol insurrection

Post by El Pollo Diablo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:52 am

lpm wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:16 am
This is why that Seth Abramson thread is a dud.
With all due respect to you, almost all Seth Abramson threads are duds. His macromicroblogging bullshittery makes me want to stab my eyes out. Just get a f.cking blog, ffs.
Mike Patton wrote:"You overdo it sometimes. There I am, peeing on Axl Rose’s teleprompter." He looks rueful: "I didn’t really have to do that."

Chris Preston
Clardic Fug
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:05 am

Re: US 2021 Capitol insurrection

Post by Chris Preston » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:17 am

tenchboy wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:41 am
JQH wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:26 am
lpm wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:16 am
...
I don't really mind everyone pretending this was a coup, because that's the way to destroy Trumpism. But it's obviously not and history won't record it that way once the crisis is over.
Coup "a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government."

Wednesday was definitely an attempted coup under this definition. Badly thought out and organised as has been said but a coup none the less.
Nah! As lpm says, even if they burst in with trump at the head , killed some senators and sat in all the offices with their feet on the tables, they'd still be nothing more than a bunch of tw.ts sitting in someone else's office: they would never come any where close to being in power. You're not in power until you are responsible for ordering imports of cheese. When there is no king to depose, when you are already a republic, waving a flag out the window and shouting Long Live The Republic is hmm problematical.
Trump had a very real plan for taking power (as much as any thought process of Trump's could be described as a plan), it was just not your regular type of coup d'état. Trump really fancies himself as a tinpot dictator President for Life. It is just that he doesn't want to have to do any of the work involved. His model is Kim Jong-un, not Vladimir Putin. His plan was to have Pence and the Republican Senate install him as the next President. Trump had already telegraphed his next move, which was to get rid of the two term limit.
Here grows much rhubarb.

User avatar
Gfamily
After Pie
Posts: 2109
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:00 pm
Location: NW England

Re: US 2021 Capitol insurrection

Post by Gfamily » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:21 am

JQH wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:26 am
lpm wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:16 am
...
I don't really mind everyone pretending this was a coup, because that's the way to destroy Trumpism. But it's obviously not and history won't record it that way once the crisis is over.
Coup "a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government."

Wednesday was definitely an attempted coup under this definition. Badly thought out and organised as has been said but a coup none the less.
If the participants think their aim is to effect a seizure of power, it's only polite to treat them with the seriousness they think they deserve.
My avatar was a scientific result that was later found to be 'mistaken' - I rarely claim to be 100% correct
ETA 5/8/20: I've been advised that the result was correct, it was the initial interpretation that needed to be withdrawn
Meta? I'd say so!

User avatar
Woodchopper
Stummy Beige
Posts: 2591
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:05 am

Re: US 2021 Capitol insurrection

Post by Woodchopper » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:33 am

On the debate over whether it was a coup attempt or not, lots of you seem have a Leninist view of what a coup should look like. That it is carried out be a dedicated and ruthless cadres who have a very well thought out and realistic plan.

But there is a long history of violent political action by fantasists who had little or no coherent plans. Occasionally they got lucky and were successful.

I don't see whey a bunch of incompetent fantasists can't attempt a coup.


User avatar
lpm
After Pie
Posts: 2547
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:05 pm

Re: US 2021 Capitol insurrection

Post by lpm » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:43 am

In the US, the power to appoint the new President lies with the 50 states. They vote to select their electors, their officials certify those electors. The power does not lie within the Capitol building, hence capturing the Capitol would not be a seizure of power in this regard.

If a coup is a "sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government" then what actually would be the powers seized? Congress has the power to make healthcare laws and pass budgets. What are the insurrectionists going to do, seize the Capitol and use its power to outlaw Obamacare?
What ever happened to that Trump guy, you know, the one who was president for a bit?

User avatar
Woodchopper
Stummy Beige
Posts: 2591
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:05 am

Re: US 2021 Capitol insurrection

Post by Woodchopper » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:57 am

lpm wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:43 am
In the US, the power to appoint the new President lies with the 50 states. They vote to select their electors, their officials certify those electors. The power does not lie within the Capitol building, hence capturing the Capitol would not be a seizure of power in this regard.

If a coup is a "sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government" then what actually would be the powers seized? Congress has the power to make healthcare laws and pass budgets. What are the insurrectionists going to do, seize the Capitol and use its power to outlaw Obamacare?
It appears that they believed that Congress could simply vote to make Trump President.

They also believed that the members of Congress know that Trump is the rightful President as they are all either a) in on the conspiracy to steal the election, or are b) brave Republican Trumpists who are opposing the steal. As the members of Congress who stole the election are a bunch of weak willed crooks a show of force would persuade them to do the right thing and vote for Trump to be President.

You are of course right about the reality of how political authority operates in the US. But a bunch of fantasists with completely unrealistic assumptions can still attempt a coup.

User avatar
lpm
After Pie
Posts: 2547
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:05 pm

Re: US 2021 Capitol insurrection

Post by lpm » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:05 am

Under that definition, if a bunch of fantasists believed the USA was under the power of a secret cabal in the basement of a pizza place, and then stormed the pizza restaurant and seized it, you would classify it as an attempted coup.

There has to be some pathway that links to reality. This is best described as a dangerous riot by a deluded mob.
What ever happened to that Trump guy, you know, the one who was president for a bit?

User avatar
jimbob
After Pie
Posts: 2099
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 pm
Location: High Peak/Manchester

Re: US 2021 Capitol insurrection

Post by jimbob » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:06 am

Woodchopper wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:33 am
On the debate over whether it was a coup attempt or not, lots of you seem have a Leninist view of what a coup should look like. That it is carried out be a dedicated and ruthless cadres who have a very well thought out and realistic plan.

But there is a long history of violent political action by fantasists who had little or no coherent plans. Occasionally they got lucky and were successful.

I don't see whey a bunch of incompetent fantasists can't attempt a coup.
Yup - at the least it was sending a lynch mob against Trump's political opponents, whilst at least one ally in Congress updated the mob on Pelosi's location via Twitter.

It's a pretty huge attempt at intimidation.
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

User avatar
JQH
Dorkwood
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:30 pm
Location: Sar Flandan

Re: US 2021 Capitol insurrection

Post by JQH » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:15 am

Woodchopper wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:33 am
On the debate over whether it was a coup attempt or not, lots of you seem have a Leninist view of what a coup should look like. That it is carried out be a dedicated and ruthless cadres who have a very well thought out and realistic plan.

But there is a long history of violent political action by fantasists who had little or no coherent plans. Occasionally they got lucky and were successful.

I don't see whey a bunch of incompetent fantasists can't attempt a coup.
Exactly.
And remember that if you botch the exit, the carnival of reaction may be coming to a town near you.

Fintan O'Toole

User avatar
JQH
Dorkwood
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:30 pm
Location: Sar Flandan

Re: US 2021 Capitol insurrection

Post by JQH » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:19 am

lpm wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:43 am
In the US, the power to appoint the new President lies with the 50 states. They vote to select their electors, their officials certify those electors. The power does not lie within the Capitol building, hence capturing the Capitol would not be a seizure of power in this regard.

If a coup is a "sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government" then what actually would be the powers seized? Congress has the power to make healthcare laws and pass budgets. What are the insurrectionists going to do, seize the Capitol and use its power to outlaw Obamacare?
They appeared to be planning on seizing the power to certify (or not) the EC votes, rule a sufficient number invalid to give Trump the victory.
And remember that if you botch the exit, the carnival of reaction may be coming to a town near you.

Fintan O'Toole

User avatar
Woodchopper
Stummy Beige
Posts: 2591
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:05 am

Re: US 2021 Capitol insurrection

Post by Woodchopper » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:40 am

lpm wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:05 am
Under that definition, if a bunch of fantasists believed the USA was under the power of a secret cabal in the basement of a pizza place, and then stormed the pizza restaurant and seized it, you would classify it as an attempted coup.

There has to be some pathway that links to reality. This is best described as a dangerous riot by a deluded mob.
For a definition I'd suggest: attempts to take power using illegal means by parties that include members of the government or armed forces.

The second part of the definition is needed to distinguish a coup from a rebellion, as the defining feature of a coup is that it involves insiders. Happy to revise the definition, its just what I came up with just now.

What happened is far less distant from reality than storming a pizza restaurant. They did use lethal force to take over the legislature, and they were encouraged by the President.

raven
Fuzzable
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:58 pm

Re: US 2021 Capitol insurrection

Post by raven » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:51 am

headshot wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:12 am
This video is pretty disturbing. I imagine there’s a lot more the public aren’t being shown:

https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/chri ... q_R6N0xMeI
The first footage I saw was on Al-Jazeera, which was fairly 'tame' as rioting mobs go - perhaps because their camera crew stayed outside I think. But ITV had a reporter & cameraman who went into the Capitol building with the rioters and their footage is much much worse. The woman who was shot walks right past them.

And the tiny bit of footage of the shooting istelf that I could bear to watch is horrific, and certainly shows how absolutely determined the mob were to overurn any barrier placed in their way by law enforcement.

EACLucifer
Dorkwood
Posts: 1021
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:49 am
Location: Behind you

Re: US 2021 Capitol insurrection

Post by EACLucifer » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:30 pm

JQH wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:26 am
lpm wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:16 am
...
I don't really mind everyone pretending this was a coup, because that's the way to destroy Trumpism. But it's obviously not and history won't record it that way once the crisis is over.
Coup "a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government."

Wednesday was definitely an attempted coup under this definition. Badly thought out and organised as has been said but a coup none the less.
Putsch might be a better term to use.

EACLucifer
Dorkwood
Posts: 1021
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:49 am
Location: Behind you

Re: US 2021 Capitol insurrection

Post by EACLucifer » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:31 pm

El Pollo Diablo wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:52 am
lpm wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:16 am
This is why that Seth Abramson thread is a dud.
With all due respect to you, almost all Seth Abramson threads are duds. His macromicroblogging bullshittery makes me want to stab my eyes out. Just get a f.cking blog, ffs.
Lawtwitter's view of him has to be seen to be fully appreciated. Suffice to say he hasn't the faintest idea what he is on about.

User avatar
El Pollo Diablo
After Pie
Posts: 1600
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:41 pm
Location: FBPE

Re: US 2021 Capitol insurrection

Post by El Pollo Diablo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:35 pm

Oh, I'd like to see that, if you have any faves.
Mike Patton wrote:"You overdo it sometimes. There I am, peeing on Axl Rose’s teleprompter." He looks rueful: "I didn’t really have to do that."

EACLucifer
Dorkwood
Posts: 1021
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:49 am
Location: Behind you

Re: US 2021 Capitol insurrection

Post by EACLucifer » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:36 pm

raven wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:51 am
headshot wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:12 am
This video is pretty disturbing. I imagine there’s a lot more the public aren’t being shown:

https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/chri ... q_R6N0xMeI
The first footage I saw was on Al-Jazeera, which was fairly 'tame' as rioting mobs go - perhaps because their camera crew stayed outside I think. But ITV had a reporter & cameraman who went into the Capitol building with the rioters and their footage is much much worse. The woman who was shot walks right past them.

And the tiny bit of footage of the shooting istelf that I could bear to watch is horrific, and certainly shows how absolutely determined the mob were to overurn any barrier placed in their way by law enforcement.
It was, in places, a damn close run thing. Details like half a dozen or so staffers leaning against a makeshift furniture barricade in the next room as the mob ransack Pelosi's office come to mind. Likewise Officer Eugene Goodman defending an entrance to the senate alone; when he realised he was the only thing between the mob and the senate, and realised he was outnumbered, he shoved a member of the the mob to provoke them, and retreated away from the senate with the mob following him, like a moorland bird leading a predator away from the nest.

User avatar
JQH
Dorkwood
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:30 pm
Location: Sar Flandan

Re: US 2021 Capitol insurrection

Post by JQH » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:37 pm

EACLucifer wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:30 pm
JQH wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:26 am
lpm wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:16 am
...
I don't really mind everyone pretending this was a coup, because that's the way to destroy Trumpism. But it's obviously not and history won't record it that way once the crisis is over.
Coup "a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government."

Wednesday was definitely an attempted coup under this definition. Badly thought out and organised as has been said but a coup none the less.
Putsch might be a better term to use.
That works.
And remember that if you botch the exit, the carnival of reaction may be coming to a town near you.

Fintan O'Toole

User avatar
Stranger Mouse
Fuzzable
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:23 pm

Re: US 2021 Capitol insurrection

Post by Stranger Mouse » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:41 pm

El Pollo Diablo wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:52 am
lpm wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:16 am
This is why that Seth Abramson thread is a dud.
With all due respect to you, almost all Seth Abramson threads are duds. His macromicroblogging bullshittery makes me want to stab my eyes out. Just get a f.cking blog, ffs.
We need a like button
A caterpillar does all the work but the butterfly gets all the publicity.

User avatar
lpm
After Pie
Posts: 2547
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:05 pm

Re: US 2021 Capitol insurrection

Post by lpm » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:47 pm

Wow, it's Stranger Mouse. Not dead.

Seth Abramson could be alright if all he did was collate facts. "At the 16.02 mark Trump says 'We're all going to march on the Capitol'." But he can't stop himself from overlaying interpretations and falsehoods.
What ever happened to that Trump guy, you know, the one who was president for a bit?

User avatar
Little waster
Dorkwood
Posts: 1232
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:35 am
Location: About 1 inch behind my eyes

Re: US 2021 Capitol insurrection

Post by Little waster » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:51 pm

Vertigowooyay wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:48 am
Jnr on Parler, just posting pictures of him holding big guns, without comment or context.

He really is an absolute husk of a human being.
Given his Bolivian-bright eyes, I assume the gun had an underslung grenade-launcher and was referred to as "his little friend".
People who use Godwin's Law are worse than Hitler.

User avatar
Stranger Mouse
Fuzzable
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:23 pm

Re: US 2021 Capitol insurrection

Post by Stranger Mouse » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:00 pm

Who are the main suspects for the inside job aspects of the putsch?

This Twitter thread is pretty good evidence that Lauren Boebert has some hard questions to answer

https://twitter.com/wetheangry/status/1 ... 60680?s=21
A caterpillar does all the work but the butterfly gets all the publicity.

User avatar
Little waster
Dorkwood
Posts: 1232
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:35 am
Location: About 1 inch behind my eyes

Re: US 2021 Capitol insurrection

Post by Little waster » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:01 pm

Woodchopper wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:56 am
About 90 people arrested so far. A thread on them: https://twitter.com/nickturse/status/13 ... 25986?s=21
Republican Party officials, GOP political donors, far-right militants, white supremacists, members of the military and adherents of the QAnon myth
Texas LEOs, Proud Boys Founders, gun-rights activists ...


... diverse bunch this Antifa lot.
People who use Godwin's Law are worse than Hitler.

User avatar
lpm
After Pie
Posts: 2547
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:05 pm

Re: US 2021 Capitol insurrection

Post by lpm » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:10 pm

Below is the full transcript of Trump's Jan 6 sedition speech. 75 minutes long. Part 1.

The media will not show the magnitude of this crowd. Even I, when I turned on today, I looked, and I saw thousands of people here, but you don’t see hundreds of thousands of people behind you because they don’t want to show that. We have hundreds of thousands of people here, and I just want them to be recognised by the fake news media. Turn your cameras please and show what’s really happening out here because these people are not going to take it any longer.

They’re not going to take it any longer. Go ahead. Turn your cameras, please. Would you show? They came from all over the world, actually, but they came from all over our country. I just really want to see what they do. I just want to see how they covered. I’ve never seen anything like it. But it would be really great if we could be covered fairly by the media. The media is the biggest problem we have as far as I’m concerned, single biggest problem, the fake news and the big tech. Big tech is now coming into their own. We beat them four years ago. We surprised them. We took them by surprise and this year, they rigged an election.

They rigged it like they’ve never rigged an election before. By the way, last night, they didn’t do a bad job either, if you notice. I’m honest. I just, again, I want to thank you. It’s just a great honour to have this kind of crowd and to be before you. Hundreds of thousands of American patriots are committed to the honesty of our elections and the integrity of our glorious republic. All of us here today do not want to see our election victory stolen by emboldened radical left Democrats, which is what they’re doing and stolen by the fake news media. That’s what they’ve done and what they’re doing. We will never give up. We will never concede, it doesn’t happen. You don’t concede when there’s theft involved.

Our country has had enough. We will not take it any more and that’s what this is all about. To use a favourite term that all of you people really came up with, we will stop the steal. Today I will lay out just some of the evidence proving that we won this election, and we won it by a landslide. This was not a close election. I say sometimes jokingly, but there’s no joke about it, I’ve been in two elections.

I won them both and the second one, I won much bigger than the first. Almost 75 million people voted for our campaign, the most of any incumbent president by far in the history of our country, 12 million more people than four years ago. I was told by the real pollsters, we do have real pollsters. They know that we were going to do well, and we were going to win. What I was told, if I went from 63 million, which we had four years ago to 66 million, there was no chance of losing. Well, we didn’t go to 66. We went to 75 million and they say we lost. We didn’t lose.

By the way, does anybody believe that Joe had 80 million votes? Does anybody believe that? He had 80 million computer votes. It’s a disgrace. There’s never been anything like that. You could take third world countries. Just take a look, take third world countries. Their elections are more honest than what we’ve been going through in this country. It’s a disgrace. It’s a disgrace. Even when you look at last night, they’re all running around like chickens with their heads cut off with boxes. Nobody knows what the hell is going on. There’s never been anything like this. We will not let them silence your voices. We’re not going to let it happen. Not going to let it happen.

Crowd: Fight for Trump! Fight for Trump! Fight for Trump!

Thank you. I’d love to have, if those tens of thousands of people would be allowed, the military, the secret service, and we want to thank you, and the police law enforcement. Great. You’re doing a great job, but I’d love it if they could be allowed to come up here with us. Is that possible? Can you just let them come up, please? Rudy, you did a great job. He’s got guts. You know what? He’s got guts, unlike a lot of people in the Republican party. He’s got guts, he fights. He fights, and I’ll tell you. Thank you very much, John. Fantastic job. I watched. That’s a tough act to follow, those two. John is one of the most brilliant lawyers in the country, and he looked at this and he said, ‘What an absolute disgrace, that this could be happening to our constitution.’ He looked at Mike Pence, and I hope Mike is going to do the right thing.

I hope so. I hope so because if Mike Pence does the right thing, we win the election. All he has to do. This is from the number one or certainly one of the top constitutional lawyers in our country. He has the absolute right to do it. We’re supposed to protect our country, support our country, support our constitution and protect our constitution. States want to revote. The states got defrauded. They were given false information. They voted on it. Now they want to recertify. They want it back. All Vice President Pence has to do is send it back to the states to recertify, and we become president, and you are the happiest people.

I just spoke to Mike. I said, ‘Mike, that doesn’t take courage. What takes courage is to do nothing. That takes courage,’ and then we’re stuck with a president who lost the election by a lot, and we have to live with that for four more years. We’re just not going to let that happen. Many of you have travelled from all across the nation to be here, and I want to thank you for the extraordinary love. That’s what it is. There’s never been a movement like this ever, ever for the extraordinary love for this amazing country and this amazing movement. Thank you.

Crowd: We love Trump! We love Trump! We love Trump!

By the way, this goes all the way back past the Washington monument. Do you believe this? Look at this. Unfortunately, they gave the press the prime seats. I can’t stand that. No, but you look at that behind. I wish they’d flip those cameras and look behind you. That is the most amazing sight. When they make a mistake, you get to see it on television. Amazing, amazing, all the way back. Don’t worry. We will not take the name off the Washington monument. We will not. Cancel culture. They wanted to get rid of the Jefferson Memorial, either take it down or just put somebody else in there. I don’t think that’s going to happen. It damn well better not. Although with this administration, if this happens, it could happen. You’ll see some really bad things happen.

They’ll knock out Lincoln too, by the way. They’ve been taking his statue down, but then we signed a little law. You hurt our monuments, you hurt our heroes, you go to jail for 10 years and everything stopped. Did you notice that? It stopped. It all stopped. They could use Rudy back in New York City. Rudy, they could use you. Your city is going to hell. They want Rudy Giuliani back in New York. We’ll get a little younger version of Rudy. Is that okay, Rudy?

We’re gathered together in the heart of our nation’s Capitol for one very, very basic and simple reason, to save our democracy. Most candidates on election evening, and of course this thing goes on so long, they still don’t have any idea what the votes are. We still have congressional seats under review. They have no idea. They’ve totally lost control. They’ve used the pandemic as a way of defrauding the people in a proper election.

But when you see this and when you see what’s happening, number one, they all say, ‘Sir, we’ll never let it happen again.’ I said, ‘That’s good, but what about eight weeks ago?’ They try and get you to go. They say, ‘Sir, in four years, you’re guaranteed.’ I said, ‘I’m not interested right now. Do me a favour, go back eight weeks. I want to go back eight weeks. Let’s go back eight weeks.’ We want to go back, and we want to get this right because we’re going to have somebody in there that should not be in there and our country will be destroyed, and we’re not going to stand for that.

For years, Democrats have gotten away with election fraud and weak Republicans, and that’s what they are. There’s so many weak Republicans. We have great ones, Jim Jordan, and some of these guys. They’re out there fighting the House. Guys are fighting, but it’s incredible. Many of the Republicans, I helped them get in. I helped them get elected. I helped Mitch get elected. I could name 24 of them, let’s say. I won’t bore you with it, and then all of a sudden you have something like this. It’s like, ‘Gee, maybe I’ll talk to the president sometime later.’ No, it’s amazing.

The weak Republicans, they’re pathetic Republicans and that’s what happens. If this happened to the Democrats, there’d be hell all over the country going on. There’d be hell all over the country. But just remember this. You’re stronger, you’re smarter. You’ve got more going than anybody, and they try and demean everybody having to do with us, and you’re the real people. You’re the people that built this nation. You’re not the people that tore down our nation.

The weak Republicans, and that’s it. I really believe it. I think I’m going to use the term, the weak Republicans. You got a lot of them, and you got a lot of great ones, but you got a lot of weak ones. They’ve turned a blind eye even as Democrats enacted policies that chipped away our jobs, weakened our military, threw open our borders and put America last. Did you see the other day where Joe Biden said, ‘I want to get rid of the America-first policy.’ What’s that all about, get rid of …? How do you say, ‘I want to get rid of America first?’ Even if you’re going to do it, don’t talk about it. Unbelievable, what we have to go through, what we have to go through and you have to get your people to fight. If they don’t fight, we have to primary the hell out of the ones that don’t fight. You primary them. We’re going to let you know who they are. I can already tell you, frankly.

But this year using the pretext of the China virus and the scam of mail-in ballots, Democrats attempted the most brazen and outrageous election theft. There’s never been anything like this. It’s a pure theft in American history, everybody knows it. That election, our election was over at 10:00 in the evening. We’re leading Pennsylvania, Michigan, Georgia by hundreds of thousands of votes, and then late in the evening or early in the morning, boom, these explosions of and b.llsh.t, and all of a sudden. All of a sudden it started to happen.

Forget when Romney got beat. Romney. I wonder if he enjoyed his flight in last night? But when Romney got beaten, he stands up like you’re more typical. Well, I’d like to congratulate the victor, the victor. Who was the victor, Mitt? I’d like to congratulate. They don’t go and look at the facts. Now I don’t know. He got slaughtered probably, maybe it was okay. Maybe it was that’s what happened. But we look at the facts and our lecture was so corrupt that in the history of this country, we’ve never seen anything like it. You can go all the way back. America is blessed with elections all over the world. They talk about our elections. You know what the world says about us now? They said we don’t have free and fair elections and you know what else? We don’t have a free and fair press.

Our media is not free. It’s not fair. It suppresses thought. It suppresses speech, and it’s become the enemy of the people. It’s become the enemy of the people. It’s the biggest problem we have in this country. No third world countries would even attempt to do what we caught them doing and you’ll hear about that in just a few minutes. Republicans are constantly fighting like a boxer with his hands tied behind his back. It’s like a boxer, and we want to be so nice. We want to be so respectful of everybody, including bad people. We’re going to have to fight much harder and Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us. If he doesn’t, that will be a sad day for our country because you’re sworn to uphold our constitution.

Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. After this, we’re going to walk down and I’ll be there with you. We’re going to walk down. We’re going to walk down any one you want, but I think right here. We’re going walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators, and congressmen and women. We’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.

We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated. I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard. Today we will see whether Republicans stand strong for integrity of our elections, but whether or not they stand strong for our country, our country. Our country has been under siege for a long time, far longer than this four-year period. We’ve set it on a much straighter course, a much … I thought four more years. I thought it would be easy. We created …

Four more years, I thought it would be easy. We created the greatest economy in history. We rebuilt our military. We get you the biggest tax cuts in history. We got you the biggest regulation cuts. There’s no President, whether it’s four years, eight years, or in one case more, got anywhere near the regulation cuts. It used to take 20 years to get a highway approved. now we’re down to two. I want to get it down to one, but we’re down to two. And it may get rejected for environmental or safety reasons, but we got it down the safety. We created Space Force. Look at what we did. Our military has been totally rebuilt. So we create Space Force, which by in of itself is a major achievement for an administration. And with us, it’s one of so many different things.

Right to try. Everybody know about right to try. We did things that nobody ever thought possible. We took care of our vets. Our vets, the VA now has the highest rating, 91 percent, the highest rating that it’s had from the beginning, 91 percent approval rating. Always you watch the VA, when it was on television. Every night people living in a horrible, horrible manner. We got that done. We got accountability done. We got it so that now in the VA, you don’t have to wait for four weeks, six weeks, eight weeks, four months to see a doctor. If you can’t get a doctor, you go outside, you get the doctor, you have them taken care of. And we pay the doctor. And we’ve not only made life wonderful for so many people, we’ve saved tremendous amounts of money, far secondarily, but we’ve saved a lot of money.

And now we have the right to fire bad people in the VA. We had 9,000 people that treated our veterans horribly. In prime time, they would not have treated our veterans badly. But they treated our veterans horribly. And we have what’s called the VA Accountability Act. And the accountability says if we see somebody in there that doesn’t treat our vets well, or they steal, they rob, they do things badly. We say, ‘Joe, you’re fired. Get out of here.’ Before you couldn’t do that. You couldn’t do that before.

So we’ve taken care of things. We’ve done things like nobody’s ever thought possible. And that’s part of the reason that many people don’t like us, because we’ve done too much, but we’ve done it quickly. And we were going to sit home and watch a big victory. And everybody had us down for a victory. It was going to be great. And now we’re out here fighting. I said to somebody, I was going to take a few days and relax after our big electoral victory. Ten o’clock, it was over. But I was going to take a few days.

And I can say this, since our election, I believe, which was a catastrophe when I watch and even these guys knew what happened, they know what happened. They’re saying, ‘Wow, Pennsylvania’s insurmountable. Wow, Wisconsin, look at the big leads we had.’ Even though the press said we were going to lose Wisconsin by 17 points. Even though the press said Ohio is going to be close, we set a record. Florida’s going to be close, we set a record. Texas is going to be close. Texas is going to be close, we set a record. And we set a record with Hispanic, with the Black community. We set a record with everybody.

Today, we see a very important event though, because right over there, right there, we see the event going to take place. And I’m going to be watching, because history is going to be made. We’re going to see whether or not we have great and courageous leaders or whether or not we have leaders that should be ashamed of themselves throughout history, throughout eternity, they’ll be ashamed. And you know what? If they do the wrong thing, we should never ever forget that they did. Never forget. We should never ever forget. With only three of the seven states in question, we win the presidency of the United States.

And by the way, it’s much more important today than it was 24 hours ago. Because I spoke to David Perdue, what a great person, and Kelly Loeffler, two great people, but it was a setup. And I said, ‘We have no back line any more.’ The only back line, the only line of demarcation, the only line that we have is the veto of the president of the United States. So this is now what we’re doing, a far more important election than it was two days ago.

I want to thank the more than 140 members of the House. Those are warriors. They’re over there working like you’ve never seen before, studying, talking, actually going all the way back, studying the roots of the constitution, because they know we have the right to send a bad vote that was illegally got, they gave these people bad things to vote for and they voted, because what did they know? And then when they found out a few weeks later … Again, it took them four years to devise history. And the only unhappy person in the United States, single most unhappy, is Hillary Clinton because she said, ‘Why didn’t you do this for me four years ago? Why didn’t you do this for me four years ago? Change the votes! 10,000 in Michigan. You could have changed the whole thing!’ But she’s not too happy. You notice you don’t see her any more. What happened? Where is Hillary? Where is she?

But I want to thank all of those congressmen and women. I also want to thank our 13 most courageous members of the US Senate, Senator Ted Cruz, Senator Ron Johnson, Senator Shadowless, Kelly Loeffler. And Kelly Loeffler, I’ll tell you, she’s been so great. She works so hard. So let’s give her and David a little special head, because it was rigged against them. Let’s give her and David. Kelly Loeffler, David Perdue. They fought a good race. They never had a shot.

That equipment should never have been allowed to be used, and I was telling these people don’t let them use this stuff. Marsha Blackburn, terrific person. Mike Braun, Indiana. Disinvested, great guy. Bill Hagerty, John Kennedy, James Lankford, Cynthia Lummis. Tommy Tuberville, to the coach. And Roger Marshall. We want to thank them, senators that stepped up, we want to thank them.

I actually think though it takes, again, more courage not to step up. And I think a lot of those people are going to find that out, and you better start looking at your leadership because the leadership has led you down the tubes. ‘We don’t want to give $2,000 to people. We want to give them $600.’ Oh, great. How does that play politically? Pretty good? And this has nothing to do with politics. But how does it play politically? China destroyed these people. We didn’t destroy. China destroyed them, totally destroyed them. We want to give them $600, and they just wouldn’t change. I said, ‘Give them $2000. We’ll pay it back. We’ll pay it back fast. You already owe 26 trillion. Give them a couple of bucks. Let them live. Give them a couple of bucks!’

And some of the people here disagree with me on that. But I just say, look, you got to let people live. And how does that play though? Okay, number one, it’s the right thing to do. But how does that play politically? I think it’s the primary reason, one of the primary reasons, the other was just pure cheating. That was the super primary reason. But you can’t do that. You got to use your head.

As you know the media is constantly asserted the outrageous lie that there was no evidence of widespread fraud. You ever see these people? ‘While there is no evidence of fraud…’ Oh, really? Well, I’m going to read you pages. I hope you don’t get bored listening to it. Promise? Don’t get bored listening to it, all those hundreds of thousands of people back there. Move them up, please. Yeah. All these people don’t get bored. Don’t get angry at me because you’re going to get bored because it’s so much. The American people do not believe the corrupt fake news anymore. They have ruined their reputation.

But it used to be that they’d argue with me, I’d fight. So I’d fight, they’d fight. I’d fight, they’d fight. Boop-boop. You’d believe me, you’d believe them. Somebody comes out. They had their point of view, I had my point of view. But you’d have an argument. Now what they do is they go silent. It’s called suppression. And that’s what happens in a communist country. That’s what they do. They suppress. You don’t fight with them any more, unless it’s a bad. They have a little bad story about me, they’ll make it 10 times worse and it’s a major headline. But Hunter Biden, they don’t talk about him. What happened to Hunter? Where’s Hunter? Where is Hunter? They don’t talk about him.

Now watch all the sets will go off. Well, they can’t do that because they get good ratings. The ratings are too good. Now where is Hunter? And how come Joe was allowed to give a billion dollars of money to get rid of the prosecutor in Ukraine? How does that happen? I’d ask you that question. How does that happen? Can you imagine if I said that? If I said that, it would be a whole different ball game. And how come Hunter gets three and a half million dollars from the Mayor of Moscow’s wife, and gets hundreds of thousands of dollars to sit on an energy board even though he admits he has no knowledge of energy, and millions of dollars up front, and how come they go into China and they leave with billions of dollars to manage? ‘Have you managed money before?’ ‘No, I haven’t.’ ‘Oh, that’s good. Here’s about three billion.’

No, they don’t talk about that. No, we have a corrupt media. They’ve gone silent. They’ve gone dead. I now realise how good it was if you go back 10 years. I realised how good, even though I didn’t necessarily love him, I realised how good it was like a cleansing motion. But we don’t have that any more. We don’t have a fair media any more. It’s suppression and you have to be very careful with that. And they’ve lost all credibility in this country. We will not be intimidated into accepting the hoaxes and the lies that we’ve been forced to believe over the past several weeks. We’ve amassed overwhelming evidence about a fake election. This is the presidential election. Last night was a little bit better because of the fact that we had a lot of eyes watching one specific state, but they cheated like hell, anyway.

You have one of the dumbest governors in the United States. And when I endorsed him, I didn’t know this guy. At the request of David Perdue. He said, ‘A friend of mine is running for Governor, what’s his name.’ And you know the rest. He was in fourth place, fifth place. I don’t know. He was way … He was doing poorly. I endorsed him. He went like a rocket ship and he won. And then I had to beat Stacey Abrams with this guy, Brian Kemp. I had to beat Stacey Abrams and I had to beat Oprah, used to be a friend of mine. I was on her last show. Her last week she picked the five outstanding people. I don’t think she thinks that any more. Once I ran for president, I didn’t notice there were too many calls coming in from Oprah. Believe it or not, she used to like me, but I was one of the five outstanding people.

And I had a campaign against Michelle Obama and Barack Hussein Obama against Stacey. And I had Brian Kemp, he weighs 130 pounds. He said he played offensive line in football. I’m trying to figure that. I’m still trying to figure that out. He said that the other night, ‘I was an offensive lineman.’ I’m saying, ‘Really? That must’ve been a really small team.’ But I look at that and I look at what’s happened, and he turned out to be a disaster. This stuff happens.

Look, I’m not happy with the Supreme Court. They love to rule against me. I picked three people. I fought like hell for them, one in particular I fought. They all said, ‘Sir, cut him loose. He’s killing us.’ The senators, very loyal senators. They’re very loyal people. ‘Sir, cut him loose. He’s killing us, sir. Cut him loose, sir.’ I must’ve gotten half of the senators. I said, ‘No, I can’t do that. It’s unfair to him. And it’s unfair to the family. He didn’t do anything wrong. They’re made up stories.’ They were all made up stories. He didn’t do anything wrong. ‘Cut him loose, sir.’ I said, ‘No, I won’t do that.’ We got him through. And you know what? They couldn’t give a damn. They couldn’t give a damn. Let them rule the right way, but it almost seems that they’re all going out of their way to hurt all of us, and to hurt our country. To hurt our country.

I read a story in one of the newspapers recently how I control the three Supreme Court justices. I control them. They’re puppets. I read it about Bill Barr, that he’s my personal attorney. That he’ll do anything for me. And I said, ‘It really is genius,’ because what they do is that, and it makes it really impossible for them to ever give you a victory, because all of a sudden Bill Barr changed, if you hadn’t noticed. I like Bill Barr, but he changed, because he didn’t want to be considered my personal attorney. And the Supreme Court, they rule against me so much. You know why? Because the story is I haven’t spoken to any of them, any of them, since virtually they got in. But the story is that they’re my puppet. That they’re puppets. And now that the only way they can get out of that, because they hate that, it’s not good on the social circuit. And the only way they get out is to rule against Trump. So let’s rule against Trump, and they do that. So I want to congratulate them.

But it shows you the media’s genius. In fact, probably, if I was the media, I’d do it the same way. I hate to say it. But we got to get them straightened out. Today, for the sake of our democracy, for the sake of our constitution, and for the sake of our children, we lay out the case for the entire world to hear. You want to hear it?

Crowd: Yes!

In every single swing state, local officials, state officials, almost all Democrats made illegal and unconstitutional changes to election procedures without the mandated approvals by the state legislatures, that these changes paved the way for fraud on a scale never seen before. And I think we’d go a long way outside of our country when I say that.

So just in a nutshell, you can’t make a change on voting for a federal election unless the state legislature approves it. No judge can do it. Nobody can do it, only a legislature. So as an example in Pennsylvania or whatever, you have a Republican legislature, you have a Democrat mayor, and you have a lot of Democrats all over the place. They go to the legislature, the legislature laughs at them. Says, ‘We’re not going to do that.’ They say, ‘Thank you very much.’ And they go and make the changes themselves. They do it anyway. And that’s totally illegal. That’s totally illegal. You can’t do that.
What ever happened to that Trump guy, you know, the one who was president for a bit?

Post Reply