US Election Legal Cases

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
dyqik
Stummy Beige

US Election Legal Cases

Post by dyqik » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:07 pm

In case you weren't sure that the legal cases were DOA, the Supreme Court has refused to expedite the outstanding cases before it:

https://twitter.com/joshgerstein/status ... 45252?s=20

JQH
Dorkwood

Re: US Election Legal Cases

Post by JQH » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:17 pm

And he went to so much trouble to stuff it full of judges he thought would be loyal. Don't these people understand the nature of deals?

:lol:
And remember that if you botch the exit, the carnival of reaction may be coming to a town near you.

Fintan O'Toole

EACLucifer
Dorkwood

Post by EACLucifer » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:29 pm

Sixty four court cases post election. Sixty three Trumpist losses. One win: they were able to keep the ballot cure deadline in Pennsylvania to six days, instead of nine.

Stranger Mouse
Fuzzable

Post by Stranger Mouse » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:30 pm

JQH wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:17 pm
And he went to so much trouble to stuff it full of judges he thought would be loyal. Don't these people understand the nature of deals?

:lol:
"Thanks for the lifetime appointment from which you can't fire me. What's that? You want me to do you a favour though? I can't hear you, you're breaking up"
A caterpillar does all the work but the butterfly gets all the publicity.

Stranger Mouse
Fuzzable

Post by Stranger Mouse » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:41 pm

Sydney Powell got dined in Georgia today for trying to argue a cast while not being on the bar

https://twitter.com/zoetillman/status/1 ... 46945?s=21

Also apparently the New York bar is trying to remove Rudy Giuliani
A caterpillar does all the work but the butterfly gets all the publicity.

discovolante
After Pie

Post by discovolante » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:51 pm

Sorry to be a dry party pooper, and I know it's an entirely different jurisdiction, but I just feel *angry* at the sheer amount of court time wasted on these things, when elsewhere people with real issues are waiting years to get their cases heard, correspondence is backlogged by months etc. It's so f.cking obnoxious (and yes I'm well aware of who we're talking about here, and that the courts are doing what they can to minimize the time wasted).
don't get any big ideas, they're not gonna happen

dyqik
Stummy Beige

Post by dyqik » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:11 pm

discovolante wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:51 pm
Sorry to be a dry party pooper, and I know it's an entirely different jurisdiction, but I just feel *angry* at the sheer amount of court time wasted on these things, when elsewhere people with real issues are waiting years to get their cases heard, correspondence is backlogged by months etc. It's so f.cking obnoxious (and yes I'm well aware of who we're talking about here, and that the courts are doing what they can to minimize the time wasted).
In this case, it's maybe slightly slowing down SCOTUS hearing cases designed to overturn Roe v Wade, or the ACA...

Likewise, the recess that is stopping the Senate convicting Trump after impeachment is also stopping any more right wing judges getting confirmed.

discovolante
After Pie

Post by discovolante » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:38 pm

dyqik wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:11 pm
discovolante wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:51 pm
In this case, it's maybe slightly slowing down SCOTUS hearing cases designed to overturn Roe v Wade, or the ACA...

Likewise, the recess that is stopping the Senate convicting Trump after impeachment is also stopping any more right wing judges getting confirmed.
A happy accident I suppose.
don't get any big ideas, they're not gonna happen

Chris Preston
Clardic Fug

Post by Chris Preston » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:37 am

The Trump campaign lawyers a few days ago dropped all their litigation in Georgia just as the first of the cases was about to go back before a judge. Trump's lawyer falsely claimed parties had come to a settlement. They hadn't.
Here grows much rhubarb.