Happy Inauguration Day!

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Re: Happy Inauguration Day!

Post by Bird on a Fire » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:00 pm

Little waster wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:48 pm
So ... are they saying they are just going to let the international cabal of satanic paedophile cannibals get away with it now?
Maybe he's joined them.

Maybe Biden was just Trump in a rubber mask this whole time.

Whatever. Verisimilitude is soooo passé.
We have the right to a clean, healthy, sustainable environment.

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:12 pm

”The President of the United States” wrote:Rural vs Ural
Under the previous guy, whathischops, this would have sparked 3 newscycles of his sad sycophants gaslighting us claiming that is exactly what thingymabob meant to say because the Glorious Leader is infallible and for too long the liberal elite have sneered at the growing societal divide between hardworking patriotic rural Americans and Central Asian mountain ranges.

One day I might miss that ... but not today.
This place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here.
What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

Stranger Mouse
After Pie

Post by Stranger Mouse » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:17 pm

Little waster wrote:
Bird on a Fire wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:40 pm
Stephanie wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:09 pm
my absolute favourite is the mods one

mods.png
From a link in that tweet:
Kevin Roose wrote:Ron Watkins, the former 8kun admin who helped keep QAnon afloat for years (and who some suspected of being Q himself), is throwing in the towel.
EsMWGI1UYAQ4TqS.jpeg

QAnon has always been such obvious b.llsh.t. It's completely terrifying that it has such a large following.

Excited to see what Watkins' new project is. Maybe another ARG, but this time he tells people they're playing one?
So ... are they saying they are just going to let the international cabal of satanic paedophile cannibals get away with it now?

Shirley if you genuinely believed in QAnon you wouldn’t let a mere presidential defeat get in your way, you’d continue to strain every sinew to expose it and bring it down.

Do you remember that action film where near the end of the second act things are getting tough and looking a bit bleak for the hero so he just f.cking quits and learns to crochet or something? No, neither does anyone else.

They aren’t just just horrible gullible c.nts, they are f.cking half-arsed with it too. :evil:
I’ve seen some suspect he’s under legal pressure
I’ve decided I should be on the pardon list if that’s still in the works

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:30 pm

Stranger Mouse wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:17 pm

Ah yes, IIRC its Ironman 2 where Tony Stark backs down after Killian presents him with a cease & desist letter.

It’s nearly as good as that Knight Rider episode where Michael Knight lets the terrorists escape with the truck-full of plutonium because he didn’t want to break the speed limit.
This place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here.

FlammableFlower
Dorkwood

Post by FlammableFlower » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:54 pm

Stranger Mouse wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:17 pm
Little waster wrote:
Bird on a Fire wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:40 pm

From a link in that tweet:

EsMWGI1UYAQ4TqS.jpeg

QAnon has always been such obvious b.llsh.t. It's completely terrifying that it has such a large following.

Excited to see what Watkins' new project is. Maybe another ARG, but this time he tells people they're playing one?

Shirley if you genuinely believed in QAnon you wouldn’t let a mere presidential defeat get in your way, you’d continue to strain every sinew to expose it and bring it down.

Do you remember that action film where near the end of the second act things are getting tough and looking a bit bleak for the hero so he just f.cking quits and learns to crochet or something? No, neither does anyone else.

They aren’t just just horrible gullible c.nts, they are f.cking half-arsed with it too. :evil:
I'm rather hoping that if it's not federal agents going after him, then it's one of tbe families thay have been harmed/ died from believing his b.llsh.t.

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:08 am

dyqik wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:36 pm
Apparently there's going to be a thing called a "Press Briefing" this evening. And the White House apparently already has a room for it‽
Well that was weird.

This person came out and spoke for a bit and then some journalists or something asked her questions and she answered them calmly and politely, then they scribbled something down then she said goodbye and she left*.

Where was the deranged ranting and stupid falsehoods delivered up by some dead-eyed reality TV reject that we are used to?

Call this entertainment?

*I assume as I didn’t actually watch it. I’m looking forward to returning to a blissful state of going weeks without even remembering Joe Biden exists.

JQH
After Pie

Post by JQH » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:48 am

Mike Adams didn't seem to enjoy it:
A seditious pill peddler wrote:Today we begin by reminding you that a fake, staged inauguration stemming from an illegal, unconstitutional election carries no legal standing. Biden was only "sworn in" as an act of theater. It isn't binding to any true Americans.

In today's Situation Update, we discuss the possibilities for the transition of power to temporary military authority, which may yet be under way. I also cover the coming authoritarian left-wing nightmare that will haunt this nation if Biden successfully seizes power and isn't removed by law.

There is still cause for real hope, but I also warn that we should all prepare for the worst case scenario, because that's exactly what democrats now have in mind for America. They are preparing to hunt down and murder conservatives, Christians and Trump supporters. This is what communist cleansing always entails.
And judging by this from Tuesday he obviously thought something had been planned to disrupt the inauguration. I wonder if he's been reading Qanon's shite:
We have reason for concern today, given that Trump's people missed the "declass" waypoint that was set for yesterday. This likely indicates efforts have been thwarted or significantly delayed.

Thus, we urge everyone to prepare for the worst case outcome tomorrow. The extreme militarization of DC is an indication that Biden is a fake president who fears the people of America and believes he needs razor war to separate himself from the voters who supposedly elected him. (What a joke.)

In today's Situation Update, I bring you the latest details on where this seems to be headed. There remains reason for hope, but the overall situation is now looking very concerning.
ETA more barking mad stuff
Last edited by JQH on Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
And remember that if you botch the exit, the carnival of reaction may be coming to a town near you.

Fintan O'Toole

FlammableFlower
Dorkwood

Post by FlammableFlower » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:53 am

Feck he's absolutely barking.

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:54 am

JQH wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:48 am
A seditious pill peddler wrote: In today's Situation Update, we discuss the possibilities for the transition of power to temporary military authority, which may yet be under way.
It is hard to tell but I assume he is in favour of that?

JQH
After Pie

Post by JQH » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:59 am

Judging by other recent ravings he expects elements within the military to arrest Biden, Obama & Clinton and re-install Trump.

I imagine Bush will be added to that list if he hasn't already.
And remember that if you botch the exit, the carnival of reaction may be coming to a town near you.

Fintan O'Toole

JQH
After Pie

Post by JQH » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:16 pm

There's this from Monday. Hilarious, as the man would say:
I hope you're ready for some good news today. The situation may look dire, but today I bring you details on why it may yet turn out in our favor.

The military buildup in DC isn't about protecting Biden from protesters, it's about turning DC into a holding facility for upcoming military tribunals against the traitors who tried to overthrow America with rigged elections.

The US Marines are even being deployed there now, and 2,000 National Guard troops were just deputized today as US Marshals with arrest power.

My Situation Update for today brings you the full details.

Fintan O'Toole

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:25 pm

JQH wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:16 pm
I hope you're ready for some good news today. The situation may look dire, but today I bring you details on why it may yet turn out in our favor.

The military buildup in DC isn't about protecting Biden from protesters, it's about turning DC into a holding facility for upcoming military tribunals against the traitors who tried to overthrow America with rigged elections.

The US Marines are even being deployed there now, and 2,000 National Guard troops were just deputized today as US Marshals with arrest power.

Because nothing say true American patriot dedicated to defending the American Way of Life than the open, rabid support for a military coup and installation of a fascist dictatorship (temporaily) to kill your political opponents and other such undesirables.

My history is a bit ropey but I assume that's always worked out wonderfully in the past.

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:35 pm

Little waster wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:25 pm
JQH wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:16 pm

Because nothing say true American patriot dedicated to defending the American Way of Life than the open, rabid support for a military coup and installation of a fascist dictatorship (temporaily) to kill your political opponents and other such undesirables.

My history is a bit ropey but I assume that's always worked out wonderfully in the past.
Ah, now you put it like that - in South America, at the instigation of the US, then yes.
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

Martin Y
Stummy Beige

Post by Martin Y » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:03 pm

Hold on to your Confederate dollars, boys; the South will rise again.

(South fails to rise again for 150th straight year, as the Onion likes to say.)

Thus let it be with these loons. I mean, the South had an actual army, not 14* year olds typing fantasy wankbait about all Dems imminently being swooped upon and arrested by Marines and taken to a secret underground base to face televised trial for treason.

*With all due apologies to actual 14 year olds, I mean of course people who should f.cking know better.

lpm
Junior Mod

Post by lpm » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:08 pm

I thought it was a great final episode.

Lots of touching moments.

Sad that the series has come to an end. It was the bestest thing ever.

There continues to be talk about a spin-off series, using some of the same characters in a legal drama. I really want this to happen. Wouldn't mind a prison drama, either, though that would probably be minor characters rather than the main players. There'll definitely be a special coming soon, based around the impeachment storyline.
⭐ Awarded gold star 4 November 2021

malbui
Fuzzable

Post by malbui » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:57 pm

lpm wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:08 pm

There continues to be talk about a spin-off series, using some of the same characters in a legal drama. I really want this to happen. Wouldn't mind a prison drama, either, though that would probably be minor characters rather than the main players. There'll definitely be a special coming soon, based around the impeachment storyline.
I dunno. I thought it wrapped up all the threads a little too smoothly and there was no sense of drama. Maybe they'd blown all the budget on the episodes aired between 4 November and 6 January.
And when it starts to slide
Let it go
Leave it behind

Millennie Al
After Pie

Post by Millennie Al » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:40 am

malbui wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:57 pm
Maybe they'd blown all the budget on the episodes aired between 4 November and 6 January.
They must have - you can see they had no budget for extras to fill the National Mall, so had to use flags.

Chris Preston
Snowbonk

Post by Chris Preston » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:14 am

JQH wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:48 am
A seditious pill peddler wrote:Today we begin by reminding you that a fake, staged inauguration stemming from an illegal, unconstitutional election carries no legal standing. Biden was only "sworn in" as an act of theater. It isn't binding to any true Americans.

In today's Situation Update, we discuss the possibilities for the transition of power to temporary military authority, which may yet be under way. I also cover the coming authoritarian left-wing nightmare that will haunt this nation if Biden successfully seizes power and isn't removed by law.

There is still cause for real hope, but I also warn that we should all prepare for the worst case scenario, because that's exactly what democrats now have in mind for America. They are preparing to hunt down and murder conservatives, Christians and Trump supporters. This is what communist cleansing always entails.
And judging by this from Tuesday he obviously thought something had been planned to disrupt the inauguration. I wonder if he's been reading Qanon's shite:
We have reason for concern today, given that Trump's people missed the "declass" waypoint that was set for yesterday. This likely indicates efforts have been thwarted or significantly delayed.

Thus, we urge everyone to prepare for the worst case outcome tomorrow. The extreme militarization of DC is an indication that Biden is a fake president who fears the people of America and believes he needs razor war to separate himself from the voters who supposedly elected him. (What a joke.)

In today's Situation Update, I bring you the latest details on where this seems to be headed. There remains reason for hope, but the overall situation is now looking very concerning.
ETA more barking mad stuff
Adams apparently thinks Trump has moved on to 6-D chess.

To get the full flavour, you need to read the comments. The nutbaggers are starting to turn - Trump threw them under a bus and Adams has been feeding them false hope.

Although others are touting Trump's 4 Nobel Peace Prizes as evidence of something?
Here grows much rhubarb.

Tessa K
Light of Blast

Post by Tessa K » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:48 am

malbui wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:57 pm
lpm wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:08 pm

I dunno. I thought it wrapped up all the threads a little too smoothly and there was no sense of drama. Maybe they'd blown all the budget on the episodes aired between 4 November and 6 January.
Coming soon, a remake of The Ex Wives Club, just as soon as Melania gets the papers through.

Tessa K
Light of Blast

Post by Tessa K » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:53 am

As a knitter, I have to say my gloves are much nicer and better knitted than Bernie Sanders'. That's some sloppy stitchwork, especially round the wrist. That's my expert political take on the inauguration.

Lew Dolby
Catbabel

Post by Lew Dolby » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:53 am

thought they were made from cut-up jumpers sewn onto cuffs rather than knitted afresh from recovered yarn.
WOULD CUSTOMERS PLEASE REFRAIN FROM SITTING ON THE COUNTER BY THE BACON SLICER - AS WE'RE GETTING A LITTLE BEHIND IN OUR ORDERS.

Tessa K
Light of Blast

Post by Tessa K » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:14 pm

Tessa K wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:53 am
As a knitter, I have to say my gloves are much nicer and better knitted than Bernie Sanders'. That's some sloppy stitchwork, especially round the wrist. That's my expert political take on the inauguration.

It looks like that but the construction is clumsy. Look at the machine stitching around the wrist - that's shoddy.

Stephanie
Stummy Beige

Post by Stephanie » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:47 pm

I read that they were made from recycled materials, by a teacher.
"I got a flu virus named after me 'cause I kissed a bat on a dare."

discovolante
Stummy Beige

Post by discovolante » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:51 pm

GOD DAMN YOU BERNARD SANDERS FORCING TEACHERS TO DO ADDITIONAL UNPAID LABOUR SO YOU CAN KEEP YOUR VILE MISOGYNISTIC HANDS WARM
To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave.

Tessa K
Light of Blast

Post by Tessa K » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:57 pm

Stephanie wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:47 pm
I read that they were made from recycled materials, by a teacher.
They were but the construction is really clumsy, especially the machine stitching round the wrist. Harsh, I know.