Happy Inauguration Day!

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
Fishnut
After Pie

Re: Happy Inauguration Day!

Post by Fishnut » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:15 pm

They can't be that shoddy - he's been wearing them since 2016.
it's okay to say "I don't know"

Stephanie
Stummy Beige

Post by Stephanie » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:35 pm

discovolante wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:51 pm
GOD DAMN YOU BERNARD SANDERS FORCING TEACHERS TO DO ADDITIONAL UNPAID LABOUR SO YOU CAN KEEP YOUR VILE MISOGYNISTIC HANDS WARM
lmao
"I got a flu virus named after me 'cause I kissed a bat on a dare."

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:56 pm

shpalman wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:26 pm
plodder wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:52 pm
Anyone got a J-Lo translation for the impassioned in-spanish liberty bit?

Job done!
I think it was "one nation under god with liberty and justice for all" except in Spanish.
“una nación bajo Dios con libertad y justicia para todos”
having that swing is a necessary but not sufficient condition for it meaning a thing
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

Martin Y
Stummy Beige

Post by Martin Y » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:55 pm

shpalman wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:56 pm
shpalman wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:26 pm
plodder wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:52 pm
Anyone got a J-Lo translation for the impassioned in-spanish liberty bit?

Job done!
I think it was "one nation under god with liberty and justice for all" except in Spanish.
“una nación bajo Dios con libertad y justicia para todos”
I think the Spanish version has an asterisk after "todos".

Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Post by Bird on a Fire » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:41 am

Stephanie wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:35 pm
discovolante wrote:
GOD DAMN YOU BERNARD SANDERS FORCING TEACHERS TO DO ADDITIONAL UNPAID LABOUR SO YOU CAN KEEP YOUR VILE MISOGYNISTIC HANDS WARM
lmao
The Sanders hate on twitter has been hilariously pathetic. Disco was just hilarious.
We have the right to a clean, healthy, sustainable environment.

Stephanie
Stummy Beige

Post by Stephanie » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:13 pm

Bird on a Fire wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:41 am
Stephanie wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:35 pm
discovolante wrote:
lmao
The Sanders hate on twitter has been hilariously pathetic. Disco was just hilarious.
I may* have had a small rant about it.

*almost certainly an exasperated sweary tweet
"I got a flu virus named after me 'cause I kissed a bat on a dare."

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:21 am

Dan Kaszeta (a man with an interesting and varied CV - including verger at St Martins in the Fields and former member of the US Secret Service) has decided to attack the more idiotic QAnon theories

https://twitter.com/DanKaszeta/status/1 ... 7436205062

Yes - Trump is still POTUS and Biden is using a fake Oval office, but they've made the foolish mistake of having cars outside which couldn't happen in the real Oval Office.
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:54 am

jimbob wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:21 am
Dan Kaszeta (a man with an interesting and varied CV - including verger at St Martins in the Fields and former member of the US Secret Service) has decided to attack the more idiotic QAnon theories

Yes - Trump is still POTUS and Biden is using a fake Oval office, but they've made the foolish mistake of having cars outside which couldn't happen in the real Oval Office.
Not wanting to get all Game Of thrones on them, but if Biden thinks he's the President and everyone treats him as President and respond to his orders as if he is President, guess what ...he's the f.cking President. Even if somehow Trump has mysteriously maintained POTUShood*.

That should be clear from the fact Biden is manifestly enacting all sorts of real life things while Trump spends all his days lurking in Mar-a-Lago m.st.rbating himself furiously into a sock over pictures of his daughters.

TBF to Trump that doesn't represent too much of a change of routine from when he was actually POTUS, just with less Twitter rants.

*Or even POUTUShood as my first attempt had it. Appropriate.
This place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here.
What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:46 pm

Little waster wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:54 am
jimbob wrote:

Not wanting to get all Game Of thrones on them, but if Biden thinks he's the President and everyone treats him as President and respond to his orders as if he is President, guess what ...he's the f.cking President. Even if somehow Trump has mysteriously maintained POTUShood*.

That should be clear from the fact Biden is manifestly enacting all sorts of real life things while Trump spends all his days lurking in Mar-a-Lago m.st.rbating himself furiously into a sock over pictures of his daughters.

TBF to Trump that doesn't represent too much of a change of routine from when he was actually POTUS, just with less Twitter rants.

I actually think this is even more idiotic than most conspiracy theories. I mean, Trump is POTUS and still has the football and is sitting in the White House, but he lacks the power to demonstrate this. Or maybe Biden is a paid actor? Or... wibble.
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

Martin_B
After Pie

Post by Martin_B » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:40 pm

Little waster wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:54 am
jimbob wrote:

Really LW, I expected better from you than this. It's fewer Twitter rants!
"My interest is in the future, because I'm going to spend the rest of my life there"

dyqik
Princess POW

Post by dyqik » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:06 am

I'm almost getting over the fear everytime I see the phrase "The White House is pushing..." or similar.

dyqik
Princess POW

Post by dyqik » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:07 am

Martin_B wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:40 pm
[q
Really LW, I expected better from you than this. It's fewer Twitter rants!
Not when there's so many that run into each other that they form an uncountable continuum.