ex-President Trump

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people

How long until Donald J. Trump is arrested or indicted

Before dessert tonight
2%
This week/month (basically the same thing)
13%
Before March
29%
Before Midsummer
13%
This year
19%
Before the '22 election
2%
Before the '24 election
4%
Before his funeral
2%
After his funeral
17%

Total votes: 48

Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Re: ex-President Trump

Post by Bird on a Fire » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:07 am

#cursed
We have the right to a clean, healthy, sustainable environment.

Fishnut
After Pie

Post by Fishnut » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:49 pm

Bird on a Fire wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:07 am
#cursed
He'd get fired within the day. Do you think Trump even knows what a vacuum cleaner looks like, let alone how to use one?!
it's okay to say "I don't know"

dyqik
Princess POW

Post by dyqik » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:11 pm

Fishnut wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:49 pm
Bird on a Fire wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:07 am
#cursed
He'd get fired within the day. Do you think Trump even knows what a vacuum cleaner looks like, let alone how to use one?!
I'm going to bet that Don Jr knows one apocryphal use for one.

Fishnut
After Pie

Post by Fishnut » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:02 pm

oh god, that's an image I could really have done without!
it's okay to say "I don't know"

FlammableFlower
Dorkwood

Post by FlammableFlower » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:54 pm

From an interview in the Guardian with Jon Bon Jovi
Bon Jovi and Trump have an extremely weird history. Back in 2014, the singer, along with some Canadian investors, tried to buy the NFL team the Buffalo Bills, outbidding Trump. But there was suddenly strong anti-Bon Jovi feeling in Buffalo, NY, with “Bon Jovi-free” zones and negative graffiti, stemming from the rumour that he and his partners would move the team out of the city. Bon Jovi fiercely denied that, but the Bills ultimately went to a third bidder and that was the end of that – until three years ago, when it emerged, inevitably, that the anti-Bon Jovi campaign had been started by Michael Caputo, a political strategist, who had been hired by Trump.

“I was really shocked at the depths [Trump] went to. He wasn’t even qualified to buy the team, because you have to submit your tax returns, and he never filed the paperwork. Instead, he did this dark shadow assassination thing, hoping to buy the team at a bargain basement price. But I just couldn’t understand how this misinformation was being put out there. It was seriously scarring,” Bon Jovi says, eyes wide.

After Trump failed to get the team, he stomped off and ran for president. Maybe you should have just given him the team, I say.

“Yeah, for the sake of the world, he definitely should have got the team. Oh well,” he chuckles.

Caputo later worked for Trump when he was president and was questioned as part of the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election. It was reported last September that Caputo had orchestrated a pressure campaign for official reports into the Covid crisis to be altered to be more flattering to Trump.

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:56 pm

FlammableFlower wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:54 pm
Bon Jovi and Trump have an extremely weird history. Back in 2014, the singer, along with some Canadian investors, tried to buy the NFL team the Buffalo Bills, outbidding Trump. But there was suddenly strong anti-Bon Jovi feeling in Buffalo, NY, with “Bon Jovi-free” zones and negative graffiti, stemming from the rumour that he and his partners would move the team out of the city. Bon Jovi fiercely denied that, but the Bills ultimately went to a third bidder and that was the end of that – until three years ago, when it emerged, inevitably, that the anti-Bon Jovi campaign had been started by Michael Caputo, a political strategist, who had been hired by Trump.

“I was really shocked at the depths [Trump] went to. He wasn’t even qualified to buy the team, because you have to submit your tax returns, and he never filed the paperwork. Instead, he did this dark shadow assassination thing, hoping to buy the team at a bargain basement price. But I just couldn’t understand how this misinformation was being put out there. It was seriously scarring,” Bon Jovi says, eyes wide.

After Trump failed to get the team, he stomped off and ran for president. Maybe you should have just given him the team, I say.

“Yeah, for the sake of the world, he definitely should have got the team. Oh well,” he chuckles.

Caputo later worked for Trump when he was president and was questioned as part of the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election. It was reported last September that Caputo had orchestrated a pressure campaign for official reports into the Covid crisis to be altered to be more flattering to Trump.
Can we take all the puns based on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_s ... y_Bon_Jovi as read?
having that swing is a necessary but not sufficient condition for it meaning a thing
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

Gfamily
Light of Blast

Post by Gfamily » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:10 pm

shpalman wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:56 pm
FlammableFlower wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:54 pm

Can we take all the puns based on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_s ... y_Bon_Jovi as read?
We could, but equally we could write things That Could Be song titles, and you won't know unless you check.
My avatar was a scientific result that was later found to be 'mistaken' - I rarely claim to be 100% correct
ETA 5/8/20: I've been advised that the result was correct, it was the initial interpretation that needed to be withdrawn
Meta? I'd say so!

Martin Y
Stummy Beige

Post by Martin Y » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:43 pm

I'm afraid I feel the urge to use all my favourite Bon Jovi songs in puns related to Trump and cannot rest until I do.

Finished.

Gfamily
Light of Blast

Post by Gfamily » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:51 pm

Martin Y wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:43 pm
I'm afraid I feel the urge to use all my favourite Bon Jovi songs in puns related to Trump and cannot rest until I do.

Finished.
Now tempted to add a dummy song title "Ellipsis" to the Wiki listicle.
My avatar was a scientific result that was later found to be 'mistaken' - I rarely claim to be 100% correct
ETA 5/8/20: I've been advised that the result was correct, it was the initial interpretation that needed to be withdrawn
Meta? I'd say so!

Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Post by Bird on a Fire » Wed May 19, 2021 3:53 pm

Well, 45% of you are wrong already, and another 13% have a month left before you've lost too.

However, the Trump Organisation is now subject of a criminal, rather than civil, investigation in NY: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57166735. Whether that means Don Donald himself will be arrested at some point I wouldn't like to say.
We have the right to a clean, healthy, sustainable environment.