eBay wtf?

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
Grumble
Light of Blast

eBay wtf?

Post by Grumble » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:48 pm

I ordered, and paid for, an item on eBay that was quite cheap for what it was. Obviously too cheap as eBay have cancelled the order. Here’s a quote from their email to me.
We had to cancel your recent order.

Unfortunately, due to concerns, the item listed below has been removed from the site.
This won’t interrupt your order. But if you have any problems, you’re covered by eBay’s Money Back Guarantee and can request a refund.
How will it not interrupt my order? How can I get a refund? Will I receive the items or not? WTAF?

There is no option on eBay to cancel the order nor to request a refund. I guess I have to wait for it to not arrive before the refund option appears.
where once I used to scintillate
now I sin till ten past three

headshot
Dorkwood

Re: eBay wtf?

Post by headshot » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:57 pm

That’s sounds like phishing email.

Grumble
Light of Blast

Post by Grumble » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:02 pm

headshot wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:57 pm
That’s sounds like phishing email.
No it’s real. I’ve been on eBay and checked. What kind of b.llsh.t is cancelling an order and not automatically refunding it? It’s not logged as shipped.
where once I used to scintillate
now I sin till ten past three

Gfamily
Light of Blast

Post by Gfamily » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:35 pm

I had that with the "Jocelyn Bell Burnell" art work I bought. Ebay 'withdrew' the sale after the event - but it didn't make any difference to its despatch - a few days later it arrived as expected.
My avatar was a scientific result that was later found to be 'mistaken' - I rarely claim to be 100% correct
ETA 5/8/20: I've been advised that the result was correct, it was the initial interpretation that needed to be withdrawn
Meta? I'd say so!