COP26 November 2021

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
discovolante
Stummy Beige

COP26 November 2021

Post by discovolante » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:55 am

I don't actually have much to say about this but as it's taking place in Glasgow in a few months I thought it would be worth starting a thread about it, as a sort of starting point for general discussions and the Paris agreement. BOAF has done a sterling job of starting many threads about environmental issues but I am feeling a bit lost and powerless about everything. Obviously I don't expect to achieve much as one person who knows next to nothing about climate change but that ain't the right attitude is it. So I'm opening the floor to discussions about COP26 and environmental action in general, if anyone fancies it.
To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave.

Fishnut
After Pie

Re: COP26 November 2021

Post by Fishnut » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:35 am

There's a COP26 Coalition which people can join, either as individuals or as a group. My local climate emergency group is talking about joining (we're going to discuss it at our next meeting). I haven't worked out what they actually do yet but hopefully it'll become clearer if we do join.
it's okay to say "I don't know"

discovolante
Stummy Beige

Re: COP26 November 2021

Post by discovolante » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:37 am

Fishnut wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:35 am
There's a COP26 Coalition which people can join, either as individuals or as a group. My local climate emergency group is talking about joining (we're going to discuss it at our next meeting). I haven't worked out what they actually do yet but hopefully it'll become clearer if we do join.
I struggled to join that as an individual. I've signed up for their newsletter though although I see they haven't published one in a few weeks, maybe they will catch up soon...
To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave.