Flagshagging

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
tenchboy
After Pie

Re: Flagshagging

Post by tenchboy » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:31 pm

Trinucleus wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:57 pm

Ooh, the shells are gryphea, a common fossil in the Jurassic strata, which includes the iron stone layer
Yes I noticed them, have picked a few in my time from here and there: some where on the Severn, Aust maybe, is a hotspot for them but I've not visited it m'self.
I was sure Lyme Regis - though not a County had ammonites - for obvious reasons, but a quick check says nope nor Dorset neither; and that somewhere else had trilobites in their 'Dudley Locust' role: so maybe Dudley :)

ETA And Whitby too! Prob got some dactyloceras on it.
If you want me Steve, just Snapchat me yeah? You know how to Snapchap me doncha Steve? You just...

Trinucleus
Catbabel

Re: Flagshagging

Post by Trinucleus » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:19 pm

tenchboy wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:31 pm
Trinucleus wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:57 pm

Ooh, the shells are gryphea, a common fossil in the Jurassic strata, which includes the iron stone layer
Yes I noticed them, have picked a few in my time from here and there: some where on the Severn, Aust maybe, is a hotspot for them but I've not visited it m'self.
I was sure Lyme Regis - though not a County had ammonites - for obvious reasons, but a quick check says nope nor Dorset neither; and that somewhere else had trilobites in their 'Dudley Locust' role: so maybe Dudley :)

ETA And Whitby too! Prob got some dactyloceras on it.
The Dudley locusts are trilobites, but they're Silurian, a lot older. The Jurassic goes from Lyme Regis up to Whitby, so the same fossils there all the way up the country. Yes, I think the Whitby flag has ammonites on it