Good news! Britain has solved racism!

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
Iron Magpie
Sindis Poop

Re: Good news! Britain has solved racism!

Post by Iron Magpie » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:01 pm

Gfamily wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:35 pm
Vertigowooyay wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:22 pm
Shocked. I am shocked that this blatant, shoddy, dismissive, offensive report is *somehow* falling apart around their f.cking ears just over 24 hours since it’s publication.

It’s almost as if, say, including academics in the list of stakeholders who have not actually been consulted, is a move that will be called out f.cking immediately.
We're seeing it fall apart; what I'm not sure is whether readers of the Mail, Express, Times, Telegraph and Sun are seeing it fall apart. To them, it is quite possible that the country is a paragon of 'how it should be done' and anyone that still thinks it's an issue is 'playing the race card'.
This. Most definitely this. Gammonised white people all over the country are now self congratulating at how tolerant of the pesky furriners they are. It's f.cking depressing.

Woodchopper
Princess POW

Post by Woodchopper » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:22 pm

Officials at Downing Street have been accused of rewriting much of its controversial report into racial and ethnic disparities, despite appointing an independent commission to conduct an honest investigation into inequality in the UK.

The Observer has been told that significant sections of the report published on 31 March, which were criticised and debunked by health professionals, academics, business chiefs and crime experts, were not written by the 12 commissioners who were appointed last July.

The 258-page document was not made available to be read in full or signed off by the group, which included scientist and BBC broadcaster Maggie Aderin-Pocock and Samir Shah, former chair of the Runnymede Trust, nor were they made aware of its 24 final recommendations. Instead, the finished report, it is alleged, was produced by No 10.

Kunle Olulode, an anti-racism activist and director of the charity Voice4Change, is the first commissioner to condemn the government publicly for its lack of transparency. In a statement to the Observer, Olulode’s charity was scathing of the way evidence was cherrypicked, distorted and denied in the final document.

“The report does not give enough to show its understanding of institutional or structural discrimination … evidence in sections, that assertive conclusions are based on, is selective,” it said. “The report gives no clear direction on what expectations of the role of public institutions and political leadership should be in tackling race and ethnic disparities. What is the role of the state in this?”

One commissioner, who spoke out on condition of anonymity, accused the government of “bending” the work of its commission to fit “a more palatable” political narrative and denying the working group the autonomy it was promised.

“We did not read Tony’s [Sewell] foreword,” they claimed. “We did not deny institutional racism or play that down as the final document did. The idea that this report was all our own work is full of holes. You can see that in the inconsistency of the ideas and data it presents and the conclusions it makes. That end product is the work of very different views.”

The commissioner revealed that they had been privy only to the section of the report they were assigned, and that it had soon become apparent the exercise was not being taken sufficiently seriously by No 10.

“Something of this magnitude takes proper time – we were only given five months to do this work, on a voluntary basis,” they said. In contrast to the landmark 1999 Macpherson report, an inquiry into the death of Stephen Lawrence, or the 2017 Lammy Review, both of which took 18 months to conclude, the report by the Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities (Cred) was not peer reviewed and was published just seven months after the group first met on a videocall.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... erts-claim

Woodchopper
Princess POW

Post by Woodchopper » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:40 pm

Bodies credited in UK race review distance themselves from findings
Many of the 20 or more organisations and individuals allege commission ignored their testimonies
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... m-findings

Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Post by Bird on a Fire » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:49 pm

f.ck me I hate Tories. Horrible subhuman c.nts incapable of participating in civilised society.
We have the right to a clean, healthy, sustainable environment.

bmforre
Snowbonk

Post by bmforre » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:57 pm

Bird on a Fire wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:49 pm
f.ck me I hate Tories. Horrible subhuman c.nts incapable of participating in civilised society.
Do you consider John Major a Tory?

Millennie Al
After Pie

Post by Millennie Al » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:30 am

Bird on a Fire wrote:
It doesn't really further the cause of anti-racism and diversity in general to refer to any group of people as "subhuman".

Lew Dolby
Catbabel

Post by Lew Dolby » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:23 am

bmforre wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:57 pm
Bird on a Fire wrote:
Yes, in spades. When he was Chancellor, he wanted to screw pensioners. Can't remember the details now but something like reducing state pensions or doing away with winter heating allowance. Even Maggie said No to his proposals.
WOULD CUSTOMERS PLEASE REFRAIN FROM SITTING ON THE COUNTER BY THE BACON SLICER - AS WE'RE GETTING A LITTLE BEHIND IN OUR ORDERS.

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:53 am

bmforre wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:57 pm
Bird on a Fire wrote:
I’m old enough (and sad enough) to remember the Tory leadership election he won (the first one).

He was considered the “Continuity Thatcherism” candidate and taking a step back from Back-to-Basics, sleaze, the cones hotline and the other ephemeral bits of guff that filled the papers at the time (and our memories now) his platform policy was broadly to consolidate and expand Thatchers policies of privatisation and shrinking the state.

Although considered a Europhile again its often forgotten so was Thatcher (before her brain turned to porridge); the Single Market and the Four Freedoms were in many senses her ideological victories hence why the Left were so Eurosceptic.

The ironies nowadays are manifold.
This place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here.
What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Post by Bird on a Fire » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:28 pm

United Kingdom: UN experts condemn “reprehensible” racism report
GENEVA (19 April 2021) – A group of UN human rights experts today strongly rejected a UK government-backed report into racism and ethnic disparities in the country, saying the review further distorted and falsified historic facts, and could even fuel racism, racial discrimination and negative racial stereotypes.

The Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities, which was set up by the UK government after the Black Lives Matter anti-racism protests erupted last year, presented its report on 31 March. “In 2021, it is stunning to read a report on race and ethnicity that repackages racist tropes and stereotypes into fact, twisting data and misapplying statistics and studies into conclusory findings and ad hominem attacks on people of African descent,” the UN Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent.

“The report cites dubious evidence to make claims that rationalize white supremacy by using the familiar arguments that have always justified racial hierarchy. This attempt to normalize white supremacy despite considerable research and evidence of institutional racism is an unfortunate sidestepping of the opportunity to acknowledge the atrocities of the past and the contributions of all in order to move forward.”

In a statement, the Working Group condemned the report’s assertion that while there might be overt acts of racism in the UK, there was no institutional racism.

“The report’s conclusion that racism is either a product of the imagination of people of African descent or of discrete, individualized incidents ignores the pervasive role that the social construction of race was designed to play in society, particularly in normalizing atrocity, in which the British state and institutions played a significant role.”
We have the right to a clean, healthy, sustainable environment.