Oh dear. Racism and alt-health merge.

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
Opti
Dorkwood

Oh dear. Racism and alt-health merge.

Post by Opti » Sat May 08, 2021 4:26 pm

Oh f.cking dear, indeed.

What a shitshow, muscular Nationalism has infected everything in the UK.
Time for a big fat one.

FlammableFlower
Dorkwood

Re: Oh dear. Racism and alt-health merge.

Post by FlammableFlower » Sat May 08, 2021 7:11 pm

Wow.

I could believe it if you told me, actually it's a parody.

Tessa K
Light of Blast

Post by Tessa K » Sat May 08, 2021 7:29 pm

I see that literacy is not high on their agenda. You'd think they'd have more respect for The Queen's English.

The far right have form on this already. This is probably not the best example but time is pressing.
The far right’s anti-authoritarian stance also translates into opposition to the medical establishment. Unlike the cultural left’s embrace of holistic health, these sites have a distinct take on alternative health—they reject Chinese remedies while embracing Ayurvedic medicine because of its “Aryan” origins... On sites such as Natural News and Fitness Forum there is also an emphasis on masculine vitality and “vitalism,” as seen in the body building treatments. Among women, advice on home birth, child rearing, and anti-vaccination is popular.
https://www.religionwatch.com/alt-right ... e-healing/

sTeamTraen
After Pie

Post by sTeamTraen » Sat May 08, 2021 9:15 pm

To be fair, at least some of the reviews seem genuine, eg the (only) 4* review on this product:
Great price and service but why the angry rant?

Would have given 5 stars as the price and service are excellent, no doubt the product is superb as well, although I wouldn't know if these are better than the next persons offering but the technical info bears up well, so I'm happy to roll with that. The reason I've marked down at 4 stars is the constant ranting in poor English against big Pharma...Chris you don't need to do this, it's very invasive, I can't read more than a few words on your site without getting another bombardment against the 'big boys' and the language is aggressive, actually puts me off looking stuff up because everywhere I look, it seems all you want to do is try and knock them. Your site would be a million times better if you just promoted what you were good at and why...almost everyone on this planet knows that big pharma are out there to make as much money as they possibly can and will do whatever they can to achieve this... we honestly don't need you to ram it down our throats every two seconds! One more thing you need to address, your review invitation had my title as 'billing address', I've left this as my verified name as that is how the form auto-populated, just a technical hitch you need to sort.
Something something hammer something something nail