Blaming Jews for the Holocaust

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
bmforre
Snowbonk

Blaming Jews for the Holocaust

Post by bmforre » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:14 am

Trump Evangelical accuses new Israel Government
A prominent evangelical leader with close ties to the former Trump administration excoriated members of the parties seeking to oust Benjamin Netanyahu, comparing them to “rabid dogs” who wish to “crucify” the country’s longest serving prime minister.

In a blog post on the Times of Israel news site, pastor Mike Evans, the founder of the Friends of Zion Museum in Jerusalem, compared the recent Israeli election to a “political striptease show” and accused members of the anti-Netanyahu bloc of working to “destroy everything we evangelicals have sacrificed our lives to build.”
The outgoing Prime Minister was God's elected and who are new leaders to oppose the Almighty?
“I will use every bit of my energy and power to destroy them before they destroy the nation,” Evans pledged, claiming that while God had chosen Netanyahu, he had not “heard God choose any of these fools.”
Have his god chosen Trump too?
Evans also appeared to blame Jews for the Holocaust, stating that he understood “German Jews were busy insulting each other, drunk on the wine of pride...

“If I didn’t know better, I would think these delusional striptease politicians were on Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren’s payroll and the mad mullahs of Tehran’s payroll who want to divide the State of Israel.

Martin Y
Stummy Beige

Re: Blaming Jews for the Holocaust

Post by Martin Y » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:09 am

bmforre wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:14 am
... “destroy everything we evangelicals have sacrificed our lives to build.”
He seems cross. It's not the end of the world.

Let me rephrase that: He seems cross it's not the end of the world.

It's curious to me that the more rabid evangelicals call themselves friends of Israel when all they really want the Israelis to do is fulfil the prophecy they think needs to be completed before they can have Jesus back to bring about the end of the world. (Rebuild the temple I think but I'm a little hazy on the exact magic required.) The Jews presumably then face the same sub-optimal outcome as all other non-evangelical-Christians. At best they're useful idiots in this scenario.

It's also curious that he thinks his group have "sacrificed their lives" to this end, when it appears to be other people's lives that keep getting sacrificed.

dyqik
Princess POW

Post by dyqik » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:30 am

Martin Y wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:09 am
bmforre wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:14 am
... “destroy everything we evangelicals have sacrificed our lives to build.”
He seems cross. It's not the end of the world.

Let me rephrase that: He seems cross it's not the end of the world.

It's curious to me that the more rabid evangelicals call themselves friends of Israel when all they really want the Israelis to do is fulfil the prophecy they think needs to be completed before they can have Jesus back to bring about the end of the world. (Rebuild the temple I think but I'm a little hazy on the exact magic required.) The Jews presumably then face the same sub-optimal outcome as all other non-evangelical-Christians. At best they're useful idiots in this scenario.

It's also curious that he thinks his group have "sacrificed their lives" to this end, when it appears to be other people's lives that keep getting sacrificed.
It's possible that in his particular escatology*, the Jews get raptured early, and don't have to sit through it all. Although whether his brand of evangelical believes that, or expects the true believers in Christ to get raptured instead is a complete guess. Reading the words of The Revelation won't help.

*Emphasis on the scat.

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:43 pm

Martin Y wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:09 am
]

It's curious to me that the more rabid evangelicals call themselves friends of Israel when all they really want the Israelis to do is fulfil the prophecy they think needs to be completed before they can have Jesus back to bring about the end of the world. (Rebuild the temple I think but I'm a little hazy on the exact magic required.)

IIRC the prophecy requires them to refound the State of Israel (check), rebuild the temple then get smashed to pieces on the Plains of Megiddo by the forces lof Gog and Magog who have been identified inter alia with the Soviet Union, China, Ethiopia, the EU, Iran and famously in the case of Dubya with Iraq. Basically which ever two countries are the villains de jour of the US.

The outcome of this will make the Holocaust look like a picnic for the Jews and remember this is supposedly a "good" thing according to these so-called Friends of Israel.

Whatever remnant of a remnant of the Jewish people remain (iirc the number 10000 may feature) will then suddenly see the Light, metaphorically and literally, and spontaneously and unamiously proclaim Christ the Lord, because that's sounds plausible and then the fun can really start!

Typing this on a bust phone so apologies for any random typos and off-brand gibberish.
This place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here.
What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:00 pm

One of the funner bits is the prophecy, according to my lunatic fundamentalist uncle, is quite specific that this devastating battle will be fought with cavalry, swords and spears which requires a tremendous amount of retconing to undo 2000 years of military advancement.

IIRC the explanation goes the Antichrist assumes power over the entire world (by becoming Pope or King of England or something, you know one of THOSE global power positions) and ushers in a period of universal peace, prosperity and international brotherhood, the evil bastard! This causes world disarmament and all the tanks, guns and pointed sticks get turned into ploughshares (I'm not sure you've seen a Trident sub try to plough a field before?). The net result is when it all kicks off again there isn't time to rebuild our arsenal's so the combatants are forced to rapidly rearm with the height of Iron Age weaponry.

Well its either that or accept the prophecy may not be absolutely literally true but that's crazy talk!
This place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here.
What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

Gfamily
Light of Blast

Post by Gfamily » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:23 pm

Little waster wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:00 pm
One of the funner bits is the prophecy, according to my lunatic fundamentalist uncle, is quite specific that this devastating battle will be fought with cavalry, swords and spears which requires a tremendous amount of retconing to undo 2000 years of military advancement.
That Einstein Quote

Spoiler:
My avatar was a scientific result that was later found to be 'mistaken' - I rarely claim to be 100% correct
ETA 5/8/20: I've been advised that the result was correct, it was the initial interpretation that needed to be withdrawn
Meta? I'd say so!