Flu vaccine 2021

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
Tessa K
Light of Blast

Flu vaccine 2021

Post by Tessa K » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:47 am

I had the flu shot on Wednesday morning and I've been pretty much OK - a sore arm plus feeling a little bit sick for a couple of hours last night and a bit dizzy after the gym this morning. I normally only get the sore arm. Anyone else been vaxxed yet and had any after-effects?

The guy who did it said he's been doing twice as many as last year.

Aoui
Stargoon

Re: Flu vaccine 2021

Post by Aoui » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:00 pm

It's rather difficult for me to get the flu shot because I"m not old enough nor do I have a chronic illness. One year I got it through work when there was a bit of an epidemic. I really want one this year and was thrilled when I got to work Friday and saw that I could book a flu shot through work this year. I have to wait until Nov 4th, but at least I am getting the danged thing this year!!! YAY!!!!!

headshot
Dorkwood

Post by headshot » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:06 pm

Got mine booked in for Friday and the local pharmacy. I'm mid-40s with no underlying conditions, but Frau HS has asthma.

Boustrophedon
Stummy Beige

Post by Boustrophedon » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:06 pm

The Wife and I got ours in Boots, both free. She felt a little rough for a day. I couldn't tell if I felt rougher than usual or not.
Hjulet snurrar men hamstern är död.

Tessa K
Light of Blast

Post by Tessa K » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:30 am

Aoui wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:00 pm
It's rather difficult for me to get the flu shot because I"m not old enough nor do I have a chronic illness. One year I got it through work when there was a bit of an epidemic. I really want one this year and was thrilled when I got to work Friday and saw that I could book a flu shot through work this year. I have to wait until Nov 4th, but at least I am getting the danged thing this year!!! YAY!!!!!
What country are you in? I forgot. In the UK anyone can get it if they pay (about £13).

I had it on Wednesday last week and on Sunday I felt rough, like I was getting a bad cold, but better the next day. That may or may not be vaccine related.

Aoui
Stargoon

Post by Aoui » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:22 pm

I'm in the Netherlands. They make it a bit more difficult. They order a fairly limited amount and if you don't have a chronic condition or over a certain age, then you can ask your huisarts (g.p.) if you can get one if they have any left over. I know some people have asked and basically been told that there is no reason for them to have it. Very annoying. My husband has asthma so he gets his every year, but I work with people with disabilities and most years I don't get it. Absolutely every single bug goes around at my work and I get sick pretty much every year for a few weeks. I'm so thrilled I'm getting my flu shot this year that I feel almost silly.

Stephanie
Stummy Beige

Post by Stephanie » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:34 pm

I got mine on Saturday. My arm was slightly tender, but that was it. No other side effects.

ETA: did you mean this for weighty matters?
"I got a flu virus named after me 'cause I kissed a bat on a dare."

Tessa K
Light of Blast

Post by Tessa K » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:15 pm

Stephanie wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:34 pm
I got mine on Saturday. My arm was slightly tender, but that was it. No other side effects.

ETA: did you mean this for weighty matters?
Yes because I wanted a serious discussion of side effects, which we are mostly doing, plus any other proper science stuff people know about it.