Angela Rayner

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
plodder
Stummy Beige

Angela Rayner

Post by plodder » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:30 pm

Toss up between her and Gove for the next PM I reckon.

sheldrake
After Pie

Re: Angela Rayner

Post by sheldrake » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:37 pm

Gove will have a ponytail and a sports car by then.

noggins
Snowbonk

Post by noggins » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:16 pm

No, the rumours indicate different tastes.

sheldrake
After Pie

Post by sheldrake » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:42 pm

noggins wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:16 pm
You can't just leave that dangling like that

El Pollo Diablo
Stummy Beige

Post by El Pollo Diablo » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:11 pm

sheldrake wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:42 pm
noggins wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:16 pm
You can't just leave that dangling like that
Funnily enough, the rumours cover that issue as well
If truth is many-sided, mendacity is many-tongued

Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Post by Bird on a Fire » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:20 pm

I googled for Angela Rayner rumours, and there seems to be some suggestion she is or was shagging a married MP https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12898761/ ... arried-mp/

Sadly adding "dangling" to my search didn't turn up anything salacious, and I'm super curious.
We have the right to a clean, healthy, sustainable environment.

plodder
Stummy Beige

Post by plodder » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:09 am

Have you guys read up on her background? She’s done it the hard way. Class act.

sheldrake
After Pie

Post by sheldrake » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:15 am

She's genuine working class, but shouty 'tory scum' rheotoric suggests her objectivity and restraint are roughly on the same level as Trump's, but in the opposite direction.

El Pollo Diablo
Stummy Beige

Post by El Pollo Diablo » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:15 am

Bird on a Fire wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:20 pm
I googled for Angela Rayner rumours, and there seems to be some suggestion she is or was shagging a married MP https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12898761/ ... arried-mp/

Sadly adding "dangling" to my search didn't turn up anything salacious, and I'm super curious.
We were talking about Michael Gove rumours, not Angela Rayner rumours.
If truth is many-sided, mendacity is many-tongued

Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Post by Bird on a Fire » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:57 am

Not sure I dare Google that. Who knows what I'll find.

IvanV
Stummy Beige

Post by IvanV » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:45 pm

Bird on a Fire wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:57 am
Not sure I dare Google that. Who knows what I'll find.
His affair with Gina Coladangelo (is that the dang(e)l-ing referred) is now fact rather than rumour, and has resulted in divorce proceedings from his journalist gossipmonger wife of 20 years, Sarah Vine.

The unconfirmed rumours just look like stuff made up to discredit him. I don't know why they bothered, as he is quite good at doing that all on his ownsome. But who knows?

There's this very disreputable Spectator article "My husband's gay affair with Gove" by Mary Wakefield, who is Mrs Dominic Cummings. It was apparently rumoured in the very obscure Mail on Sunday, with suggestions it came from Gavin Williamson.

And this Popbitch article "Swing vote" discussing some equally tenuous evidence that Michael and his soon-to-be-ex-missus used to have swingers' parties, apparently coded by Liz Truss in an Instagram.

Stephanie
Stummy Beige

Post by Stephanie » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:45 pm

The dangling was a reference to some popbitch rumours about his cock.
"I got a flu virus named after me 'cause I kissed a bat on a dare."

sheldrake
After Pie

Post by sheldrake » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:46 pm

I think you're confusing Matt Hancock with Gove on the affair with Gina?

Stephanie
Stummy Beige

Post by Stephanie » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:48 pm

yeah, that was Hancock
"I got a flu virus named after me 'cause I kissed a bat on a dare."

Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Post by Bird on a Fire » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:11 pm

Stephanie wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:45 pm
The dangling was a reference to some popbitch rumours about his cock.
nice

Grumble
Light of Blast

Post by Grumble » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:32 pm

sheldrake wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:15 am
She's genuine working class, but shouty 'tory scum' rheotoric suggests her objectivity and restraint are roughly on the same level as Trump's, but in the opposite direction.
We could do with a few more politicians speaking their minds, I certainly agree with her and I think many people will. One of the reasons for Trump succeeding was that he wasn’t guarded in his language and people like that.
where once I used to scintillate
now I sin till ten past three

sheldrake
After Pie

Post by sheldrake » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:34 pm

Grumble wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:32 pm
sheldrake wrote:
We could do with a few more politicians speaking their minds, I certainly agree with her and I think many people will. One of the reasons for Trump succeeding was that he wasn’t guarded in his language and people like that.
Some people do, but I think it can have terrible polarising effects when it comes across as blanket dehumanization of political opponents. We saw it with Trump in the US, and it can happen just as destructively from the left. I'd prefer a leader who unites people.

monkey
After Pie

Post by monkey » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:29 pm

sheldrake wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:34 pm
Grumble wrote:
sheldrake wrote:
Some people do, but I think it can have terrible polarising effects when it comes across as blanket dehumanization of political opponents. We saw it with Trump in the US, and it can happen just as destructively from the left. I'd prefer a leader who unites people.
What Rayner did is worlds apart from what Trump did and continues to do. There's barely any comparison.

lpm
Junior Mod

Post by lpm » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:34 pm

She still should be fired for it, though.

It's like when we insult Sheldrake. It just allows him to focus on what awful people we are to insult him, instead of how sh.t his arguments are.
⭐ Awarded gold star 4 November 2021

sheldrake
After Pie

Post by sheldrake » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:34 pm

monkey wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:29 pm
sheldrake wrote:
Grumble wrote:

What Rayner did is worlds apart from what Trump did and continues to do. There's barely any comparison.
Rayner hasn't a platform as leader of the country yet. I'd be very careful with people who say stuff like 'X class of people are scum'.

monkey
After Pie

Post by monkey » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:53 pm

sheldrake wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:34 pm
monkey wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:29 pm
sheldrake wrote:

Rayner hasn't a platform as leader of the country yet. I'd be very careful with people who say stuff like 'X class of people are scum'.
She was speaking to small room of Labour activists. The only reason you heard about the meeting is because she said "scum". When Trump insults people, it's to Rallies of 1000s, in front of international media, with much of that guaranteed to give positive coverage. It's not the same at all. Did you hear her call Tories scum during her conference speech, or in PMQs the other day? No, because Trump is orders of magnitude worse.

She shouldn't have said it, that's fair enough because it's not good politics, even if justified (see Hilary Clinton and her deplorables, which would be a better comparison). But the comparison to Trump is Bobbins.
lpm wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:34 pm
She still should be fired for it, though.
That seems a bit harsh to me, but she can't be fired anyway, Deputy Leader is an elected position (see Tom Watson and Corbyn).

sheldrake
After Pie

Post by sheldrake » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:10 pm

monkey wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:53 pm

She was speaking to small room of Labour activists. The only reason you heard about the meeting is because she said "scum". When Trump insults people, it's to Rallies of 1000s, in front of international media, with much of that guaranteed to give positive coverage. It's not the same at all. Did you hear her call Tories scum during her conference speech, or in PMQs the other day? No, because Trump is orders of magnitude worse.

She shouldn't have said it, that's fair enough because it's not good politics, even if justified (see Hilary Clinton and her deplorables, which would be a better comparison). But the comparison to Trump is Bobbins.
Presumably there were also journalists in attendance, and that is how we know.

I'm not convinced that it becomes any less worrying because she didn't realise we would find out.

monkey
After Pie

Post by monkey » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:40 pm

sheldrake wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:10 pm
monkey wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:53 pm

Presumably there were also journalists in attendance, and that is how we know.

I'm not convinced that it becomes any less worrying because she didn't realise we would find out.
It's less worrying because of the scale and context.

plodder
Stummy Beige

Post by plodder » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:04 pm

maybe she was talking about actual Tory Scum, you know, the proper noun ones.

Cardinal Fang
Snowbonk

Post by Cardinal Fang » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:16 pm

sheldrake wrote:
I might suggest it's a (good) way of securing extra Labour votes in Merseyside