2020 No. 10 Christmas Party!

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
shpalman
Princess POW

Re: 2020 No. 10 Christmas Party!

Post by shpalman » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:30 pm

Met will not investigate the Christmas party which happened at No 10 because they couldn't be bothered to find any evidence.
having that swing is a necessary but not sufficient condition for it meaning a thing
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

WFJ
Catbabel

Post by WFJ » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:13 pm

shpalman wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:30 pm
Met will not investigate the Christmas party which happened at No 10 because they couldn't be bothered to find any evidence.

To be fair they also don't bother investigating thefts and burglaries where there is clear evidence of a crime and they have a chance of finding evidence. So, as much as I'd like to see it, there was no chance of them following this up.

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:18 pm

shpalman wrote:
You can't help but feel a little bit sorry for these poor bastards:-

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/ ... rd-303908/

Serves them right for not being an ambulatory sack of fetid sh.t.

Still blue passports ay.
This place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here.
What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

discovolante
Stummy Beige

Post by discovolante » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:30 pm

WFJ wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:13 pm
shpalman wrote:

To be fair they also don't bother investigating thefts and burglaries where there is clear evidence of a crime and they have a chance of finding evidence. So, as much as I'd like to see it, there was no chance of them following this up.
On the other hand they do also dredge up 3 year old CCTV of addicts engaging in a spot of mild shoplifting, which is presumably good for their stats or something. Nice easy win.
To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave.

El Pollo Diablo
Stummy Beige

Post by El Pollo Diablo » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:08 pm

tom p wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:21 pm
Last christmas, my wife's dad was in the final stages of a relapse of his colon cancer. It had metastasised throughout his body and he was going to die, painfully and slowly over the course of the next couple of months or so. That prognosis came to pass and he died in February. We didn’t come back to the UK to visit him because we were following the COVID rules & my wife didn’t get to say goodbye to her dad, nor did my daughters get to say goodbye to their grandad.

My mum had been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s around the start of last year. Last Christmas would have been about my last chance to speak to her, and not the half-dead husk she is now, who only occasionally flickers with the dimmest smidgeon of recognition. She couldn’t really cope with the telephone or skype back then, even with people helping, but she could manage small face-to-face chats. But I didn’t go home and talk to her, because I was obeying the rules. When I finally got to see her, she had no speech, and clawed at my watch and wedding ring like some character out of a bad play. She briefly recognised me (I hope, but I may be deluding myself) and as I sat there with her she patted me on the head. That’s it, though, that’s my interaction with my mum. I gave up the chance to say goodbye because I was sticking to the rules. Again, my daughters didn’t get a chance to say goodbye to a grandmother who could understand them and respond.

And these c.nts. These utter, f.cking, shameless, hateful c.nts, were getting pissed (almost certainly on free booze provided by the public) and plotting their vicious schemes and lies.
I can’t say how much hatred and contempt I have for them.
I'm so sorry you and your family had to go through all that. And I agree about the contempt. It's remarkable. With every sequential tory PM, I think I've reached the limits of how horrified I can be by them, and then the next one just ups the ante.
If truth is many-sided, mendacity is many-tongued

jdc
Hilda Ogden

Post by jdc » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:46 pm

Rachel Parris channelling tom here: https://twitter.com/rachelparris/status ... 3795149824
I haven’t tweeted about the c.nts at number 10 because for once the country seems to be united on it so there’s not much I can say that hasn’t been said but for the avoidance of doubt, they’re c.nts, he’s a c.nt, I’m furious, get them OUT.
And in getting my hopes up news: https://twitter.com/DanRebellato/status ... 2617783307
This is dangerous politics. It seems there were (at least) 3 Downing Street Christmas parties last year, 2 of which Boris attended. He’s launched an enquiry into the one he didn’t and has thrown his staff under the bus. Why would they not throw him under the bus in return?
I hope this bus they keep going on about is the one from the leave campaign.

El Pollo Diablo
Stummy Beige

Post by El Pollo Diablo » Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:58 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/BritainElect ... 0677962766

North Shropshire by-election tomorrow. Today. Whatever.

Fun.

TimW
Catbabel

Post by TimW » Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:33 am

Next Thursday.

bagpuss
After Pie

Post by bagpuss » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:06 am

tom p wrote:
Last christmas, my wife's dad was in the final stages of a relapse of his colon cancer. It had metastasised throughout his body and he was going to die, painfully and slowly over the course of the next couple of months or so. That prognosis came to pass and he died in February. We didn’t come back to the UK to visit him because we were following the COVID rules & my wife didn’t get to say goodbye to her dad, nor did my daughters get to say goodbye to their grandad.

My mum had been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s around the start of last year. Last Christmas would have been about my last chance to speak to her, and not the half-dead husk she is now, who only occasionally flickers with the dimmest smidgeon of recognition. She couldn’t really cope with the telephone or skype back then, even with people helping, but she could manage small face-to-face chats. But I didn’t go home and talk to her, because I was obeying the rules. When I finally got to see her, she had no speech, and clawed at my watch and wedding ring like some character out of a bad play. She briefly recognised me (I hope, but I may be deluding myself) and as I sat there with her she patted me on the head. That’s it, though, that’s my interaction with my mum. I gave up the chance to say goodbye because I was sticking to the rules. Again, my daughters didn’t get a chance to say goodbye to a grandmother who could understand them and respond.

And these c.nts. These utter, f.cking, shameless, hateful c.nts, were getting pissed (almost certainly on free booze provided by the public) and plotting their vicious schemes and lies.
I'm sorry your family has had so much to deal with. I can't begin to imagine how angry you are. I'm almost at the point of spontaneous combustion without having had anything even close to that to contend with. There's a whole lot of truly despicable people in and around the government right now and I'm at a loss how to get rid of them because somehow, a whole host of people still think Boris is doing a great job and I want to weep.

El Pollo Diablo
Stummy Beige

Post by El Pollo Diablo » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:41 am

TimW wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:33 am
Next Thursday.
Yep. Good point, well made.

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:01 am

TimW wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:33 am
Next Thursday.
Then See You Next Thursday. :P

;)
This place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here.

bjn
Stummy Beige

Post by bjn » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:04 am

tom p wrote:

I'm very sorry for you and your family, and your rage is totally justified.

IvanV
Stummy Beige

Post by IvanV » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:18 am

Little waster wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:18 pm
Still blue passports ay.
They are black. My daughter's renewal arrived a couple of days ago.

plebian

Post by plebian » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:58 pm

IvanV wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:18 am
Little waster wrote:
Still blue passports ay.
I thought it was just me and my colour defect, its not blue, it's midnight.

bjn
Stummy Beige

Post by bjn » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:17 pm

plebian wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:58 pm
IvanV wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:18 am
Little waster wrote:
Still blue passports ay.
I thought it was just me and my colour defect, its not blue, it's midnight.
My recently renewed one looks a very dark navy blue.

jdc
Hilda Ogden

Post by jdc » Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:52 pm

El Pollo Diablo wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:58 am

Fun.
I've seen a couple of images of Lib Dem leaflets - the ones that usually feature a massively dishonest bar chart. No bar charts spotted so far which did make me wonder whether the images were genuine. Below, but spoilered for reasons of both size and disturbing content.

Spoiler:

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:55 pm

El Pollo Diablo wrote:

Fun.
Meanwhile
75-year-old Dian Young, was unmoved by the issue and said it hadn’t affected how we would vote at all. “My opinion is it happened 12 months ago; forget it. There’s a lot of things we need to sort out now with regards to Covid and that should be the priority,” he said, as he drank coffee in Oswestry’s Festival Square on Thursday morning. “I don’t believe the prime minister knew anything about it. It was going on behind the scenes.”
IN HIS f.cking HOUSE*! the interviewer wanted to scream.
One Oswestry local who asked to remain anonymous said she and her husband had voted Conservative for the first time at the last general election, but were considering switching back to Labour after reading the news this week. “We didn’t see our family last Christmas because we weren’t allowed, were we?” she said.
Considering? How's that 2019 vote working out for you? Not great? The pandemic is a bit of a shitshow? And so is Brexit? Paterson turned out to be a complete tw.t. That Johnson is just one prolonged nightmare isn't he. But by all means consider away; if you think long and hard enough a single solitary reason to continue voting Conservative might occur to you ... but I doubt it.

What's that quote about insanity and making the same mistake again and again?

jdc
Hilda Ogden

Post by jdc » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:17 pm

Self-justification and cynicism. Two things we're really good at, unfortunately...

If Johnson was the worst PM in our history then they'd have been stupid to have voted for him. They know they're not stupid, so Johnson can't be all that bad.

Anyway, Starmer or Corbyn probably would have been just as bad and Labour probably had a load of Xmas parties too. Politicians are all the same, aren't they.

Grumble
Light of Blast

Post by Grumble » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:56 pm

Little waster wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:55 pm
El Pollo Diablo wrote:

Fun.
Meanwhile
75-year-old Dian Young, was unmoved by the issue and said it hadn’t affected how we would vote at all. “My opinion is it happened 12 months ago; forget it. There’s a lot of things we need to sort out now with regards to Covid and that should be the priority,” he said, as he drank coffee in Oswestry’s Festival Square on Thursday morning. “I don’t believe the prime minister knew anything about it. It was going on behind the scenes.”
One Oswestry local who asked to remain anonymous said she and her husband had voted Conservative for the first time at the last general election, but were considering switching back to Labour after reading the news this week. “We didn’t see our family last Christmas because we weren’t allowed, were we?” she said.
Considering? How's that 2019 vote working out for you? Not great? The pandemic is a bit of a shitshow? And so is Brexit? Paterson turned out to be a complete tw.t. That Johnson is just one prolonged nightmare isn't he. But by all means consider away; if you think long and hard enough a single solitary reason to continue voting Conservative might occur to you ... but I doubt it.

What's that quote about insanity and making the same mistake again and again?
It’s not really in his house, he lives at number 11.
where once I used to scintillate
now I sin till ten past three

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:23 am

Grumble wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:56 pm
It’s not really in his house, he lives at number 11.
That’s what my French friend says as well ;)

veravista
Catbabel

Post by veravista » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:01 am

Yeah, but I know if our neighbours two doors down have a party and our house is detached.

El Pollo Diablo
Stummy Beige

Post by El Pollo Diablo » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:38 am

Yesterday, in response to Labour's urgent question, Paul Scully kept calling it a "gathering", not a party.

He was challenged about this today on LBC, and apparently it wasn't a party because a party must have balloons and there were no balloons:
Look, ‘party’ suggests, and you see some of the graphics that go around with some of the coverage here, with balloons and poppers and these kind of things. It suggests that there’s big invitations going out and lots of people coming in from elsewhere and those kind of things, so I think it’s right to be proportionate until we know the detail.

tenchboy
After Pie

Post by tenchboy » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:10 am

Grown ups always know when there's been a party. Even without the condoms in their bed, the piss stains on the carpet, the vomit in the plant-pots and the empty fridge, they know you've had a party before they are half way up the garden path; they know before they leave the next town to come home. They just know.
Always.
To pretend that he didn't know, whether it's his house or next door, is a lie.
If you want me Steve, just Snapchat me yeah? You know how to Snapchap me doncha Steve? You just...

Sciolus
Dorkwood

Post by Sciolus » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:36 am

El Pollo Diablo wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:38 am
Yesterday, in response to Labour's urgent question, Paul Scully kept calling it a "gathering", not a party.

He was challenged about this today on LBC, and apparently it wasn't a party because a party must have balloons and there were no balloons:
Look, ‘party’ suggests, and you see some of the graphics that go around with some of the coverage here, with balloons and poppers and these kind of things. It suggests that there’s big invitations going out and lots of people coming in from elsewhere and those kind of things, so I think it’s right to be proportionate until we know the detail.
Does he not realise that a "gathering" is exactly what the regulations made illegal?

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:56 am

tenchboy wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:10 am
Grown ups always know when there's been a party. Even without the condoms in their bed, the piss stains on the carpet, the vomit in the plant-pots and the empty fridge, they know you've had a party before they are half way up the garden path; they know before they leave the next town to come home. They just know.
Always.
To pretend that he didn't know, whether it's his house or next door, is a lie.
The main difference with a normal evening at No. 10 being the condoms (does Boris know what they are?) and the fridge wouldn't be empty, he'd be in it.

Not that he's a grown up.
having that swing is a necessary but not sufficient condition for it meaning a thing
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk