2020 No. 10 Christmas Party!

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
Little waster
After Pie

Re: 2020 No. 10 Christmas Party!

Post by Little waster » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:05 am

Sticking with the stupid, Fabricunt has unfortunately seized control of his twitter feed off the thing that lives on his head:-
Michael Fabricant Flag of United Kingdom
@Mike_Fabricant
· 13h
If I reported every time I had been threatened by a Whip or if a Whip reported every time I had threatened them, the police wouldn’t have any time to conduct any other police work! What nonsense from WW.
Also Michael Fabricant:-
@Mike_Fabricant
·
10h
I believe it was wholly improper of William Wragg to misuse his position as Chairman of a Select Committee to make unsubstantiated claims against the Whips as part of his long standing and well known vendetta against #Boris. 1/2
@Mike_Fabricant
·
10h
2/2 And if WW was being "blackmailed" as he claims, what is there about his private life that he doesn't want made public???
He actually quoted the first tweet in the second just to make the C&Ping easier for everyone :shock:

With friends like Mike, I imagine Johnson is already sitting in a darkened room looking glumly at a glass of whiskey and a revolver, wondering if the public would be mollified if he just shot Dilyn.
This place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here.
What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

Gfamily
Light of Blast

Post by Gfamily » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:37 am

There's also Mad Nad* (Dorries) who is claiming that Wragg is "attention seeking" - says the woman who neglected her constituency duties to f.ck off to eat ostrich anuses** in "I'm a Celebrity".

* She claims it's sexist to describe her thusly - I don't see why.

** I gather this is what happens in the programme.
My avatar was a scientific result that was later found to be 'mistaken' - I rarely claim to be 100% correct
ETA 5/8/20: I've been advised that the result was correct, it was the initial interpretation that needed to be withdrawn
Meta? I'd say so!

TopBadger
Catbabel

Post by TopBadger » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:47 am

Little waster wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:05 am
Sticking with the stupid, Fabricunt has unfortunately seized control of his twitter feed off the thing that lives on his head:-
@Mike_Fabricant
· 13h
If I reported every time I had been threatened by a Whip or if a Whip reported every time I had threatened them, the police wouldn’t have any time to conduct any other police work! What nonsense from WW.
So, basically, unless what he's taking about is 100% about dropping or losing the whip, what the replicant is saying, is there is a longstanding culture of bullying in politics.

I don't think that "oh, this bad thing happens pretty much all the time" is much of a defense.
You can't polish a turd...
unless its Lion or Osterich poo... http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/mythbus ... -turd.html

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:53 am

TopBadger wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:47 am
Little waster wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:05 am
@Mike_Fabricant
· 13h
So, basically, unless what he's taking about is 100% about dropping or losing the whip, what the replicant is saying, is there is a longstanding culture of bullying in politics.

I don't think that "oh, this bad thing happens pretty much all the time" is much of a defense.
Meanwhile Sue Gray has found an email sent to Johnson warning about the party, and the sender has said that he thinks he probably also warned him in person.

And some of the rebels are threatening to leak the texts they claim were blackmailing them.

So apart from that, it's a big nothingburger
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

El Pollo Diablo
Stummy Beige

Post by El Pollo Diablo » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:09 am

This thread has a lot more legs than I expected when I started it. Didn't think it'd become the comedy show of 2022.
If truth is many-sided, mendacity is many-tongued

TopBadger
Catbabel

Post by TopBadger » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:16 am

jimbob wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:53 am

Meanwhile Sue Gray has found an email sent to Johnson warning about the party, and the sender has said that he thinks he probably also warned him in person.
Where is this being reported? If this actually makes it into Gray's report then he's a goner, right? Right?

It'll will be super weird if he gets chucked out for a lie about a drinks party, rather than say "£300M extra a week for the NHS" (pick any monster lie from the pile of Brexit nonsense).

Maybe that will be his next defense... "You can't chuck me out for this, that was a tiny lie compared to Brexit"
unless its Lion or Osterich poo... http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/mythbus ... -turd.html

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:24 am

TopBadger wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:16 am
jimbob wrote:

Where is this being reported? If this actually makes it into Gray's report then he's a goner, right? Right?

It'll will be super weird if he gets chucked out for a lie about a drinks party, rather than say "£300M extra a week for the NHS" (pick any monster lie from the pile of Brexit nonsense).

Maybe that will be his next defense... "You can't chuck me out for this, that was a tiny lie compared to Brexit"

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-01-20/sue ... n-may-2020
The warning email - sent by a senior official - told Mr Johnson's principal private secretary Martin Reynolds, the party "should be cancelled because it broke the rules", according to Peston.
The official has told Peston he also "probably" personally warned the PM against the party "but I honestly can’t remember".

bagpuss
After Pie

Post by bagpuss » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:31 am

TopBadger wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:16 am
jimbob wrote:

Nah, he'll just say he didn't read it. He'll probably say he's far too busy to keep up with all of his emails so someone else does that and only shows him the important ones. Like invitations to work events.

TimW
Catbabel

Post by TimW » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:43 am

TopBadger wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:47 am
Maybe only in the Conservative party, based on his experience.

TimW
Catbabel

Post by TimW » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:44 am

bagpuss wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:31 am
Nah, he'll just say he didn't read it.
Nobody told him what it said.

TopBadger
Catbabel

Post by TopBadger » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:49 am

Still - that he made the rules and should have known better renders this report rather moot, doesn't it? What level of lies are we at now? Level 5?

I've another theory - the report is a delay tactic whilst they're waiting for Russia to invade Ukraine - then the news cycle moves to that instead and party-gate gets quietly dropped. Just think - right now Boris Johnson is probably wishing for Putin to get on with it... c.nt.

But then maybe Putin is waiting for the Grey report to plunge UK governance into leadership chaos before he rolls his tanks...

TimW
Catbabel

Post by TimW » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:03 am

TopBadger wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:49 am
I've another theory - the report is a delay tactic whilst they're waiting for Russia to invade Ukraine
Aha, that fits in!
TimW wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:01 am
Don't panic, we've decided to send Ukraine some weapons. I can't imagine Putin using that as a pretext.

Rich Scopie
Snowbonk

Post by Rich Scopie » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:07 am

TimW wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:44 am
bagpuss wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:31 am
Nah, he'll just say he didn't read it.
Nobody told him what it said.
More likely he'll just admit he can't read. That would solve a lot of his problems.
It first was a rumour dismissed as a lie, but then came the evidence none could deny:
a double page spread in the Sunday Express — the Russians are running the DHSS!

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:20 pm

Woodchopper wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:14 pm

Prime Ministers have always used public spending in order to gain party political advantage. One prominent example was in 1966 when the Labour government announced during a by-election campaign for the Kingston upon Hull North constituency that they were going to build what became the Humber suspension bridge (which at the time was the longest suspension bridge in the world).
In unrelated news, Government today announced £100m investment in new battery gigafactory in Blyth*.

*OK just over the border in Wansbeck but near enough. Rumours that the site was a former pig-farm and cooperage have yet to be confirmed.
This place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here.
What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:55 pm

As an aside - do any of you do the the yougov chats?

Today's was on corruption.

My answers tended to be the most popular ones.

They wouldn't make happy reading for the government.

Stranger Mouse
After Pie

Post by Stranger Mouse » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:49 pm

Apparently Sue Gray is investigating Boris’s flat activities https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/will ... -7wlssszbj

Although by favourite part of that article is :

She’s had to have conversations over the years with ministers about where they have put bits of their anatomy,” said one senior Tory. “She can be pretty blunt.”

In other news Gavin Williamson is a bully although that must be like being bullied by Frank Spenser

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/mp-p ... -dfg5kqwzf
I’ve decided I should be on the pardon list if that’s still in the works

Stranger Mouse
After Pie

Post by Stranger Mouse » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:00 pm

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:45 am

Stranger Mouse wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:00 pm
And some islamophobia https://twitter.com/samfr/status/148496 ... 44268?s=21
No it's OK, the person she didn't name has denied that he said those words, and said that her accusations are defamatory.
To ensure other Whips are not drawn into this matter, I am identifying myself as the person Nusrat Ghani MP has made claims about this evening. ‘These accusations are completely false and I consider them to be defamatory. I have never used those words attributed to me.
This is the version that Mark Spencer deleted before realizing that the media had already picked it up, so reinstated

Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Post by Bird on a Fire » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:21 am

It's so weird. "That's me she's talking about, only I never done it, so she's lying." Dafuq.

It's interesting to see how it's mostly younger politicians - millennial snowflakes, if you will - complaining about the abuse and shadiness of subordinates. Once again there does seem to be something of a generational disconnect in values - I bet older voters are much more likely to think that bullying and blackmail are fine and this is all a political ruse.
We have the right to a clean, healthy, sustainable environment.

Stranger Mouse
After Pie

Post by Stranger Mouse » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:33 pm

Boris Johnson’s birthday party.

He’ll have to say he hadn’t been told the birthday cake wasn’t a filing cabinet or summat.

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-01-24/bor ... nderstands

tenchboy
After Pie

Post by tenchboy » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:45 pm

And Sue Gray has spoken to the police who were on duty as was suggested up thread.
If you want me Steve, just Snapchat me yeah? You know how to Snapchap me doncha Steve? You just...

Gfamily
Light of Blast

Post by Gfamily » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:55 pm

Stranger Mouse wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:33 pm

He’ll have to say he hadn’t been told the birthday cake wasn’t a filing cabinet or summat.

And here's a tweet of his from March 2020
Birthday Bashed.jpg
Birthday Bashed.jpg (24.79 KiB) Viewed 1321 times
ETA - linky https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status ... 9546217475
My avatar was a scientific result that was later found to be 'mistaken' - I rarely claim to be 100% correct
ETA 5/8/20: I've been advised that the result was correct, it was the initial interpretation that needed to be withdrawn
Meta? I'd say so!

monkey
After Pie

Post by monkey » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:05 pm

Stranger Mouse wrote:

This story made me think this: clicky

Is this one he can plausibly get away with not knowing about beforehand, 'cos it was a surprise party?

Stranger Mouse
After Pie

Post by Stranger Mouse » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:12 pm

monkey wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:05 pm
Stranger Mouse wrote:

This story made me think this: clicky

Is this one he can plausibly get away with not knowing about beforehand, 'cos it was a surprise party?
Not really. Especially when he’s been saying guidelines have been followed for the last month

dyqik
Princess POW

Post by dyqik » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:28 pm

Stranger Mouse wrote:

So, what are the chances that someone in charge of the treasury, which is heavily criticized by Lord Agnew here, leaked the party news to distract from this, because they are angling to replace Johnson?