After Pie

Re: 2020 No. 10 Christmas Party!

Post by Little waster » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:57 pm

Little waster wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:51 pm
Stranger Mouse wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:52 pm
Geidt resigns
To lose one ethics advisor is unfortunate, to lose two ...
And on that note Newsnight was particularly informative tonight, for all the wrong reasons.

They dragged some other junior minister on to it for their turn in the barrel. No idea who he was, he probably doesn’t know he is, I wasn’t entirely sure he wasn’t fashioned out of papier-mâché and old wine boxes by an inebriated Johnson 5 minutes before hand.

Anyway the exchange went like this:-

Faisal: So why has the PM’s second ethics advisor resigned?
Empty shirt: I couldn’t possibly speculate.
Faisal: What, not even a little?
Vacuous lump of lard: I think we should all reserve judgement until his letter is published.
Faisal: So is the Government going to publish the letter?
Gelatinous clot: No. Anyway everyone I talk to wants us all to just move on.
Faisal: OK, now Rwanda ...
Festering pustule: Oh FFS! where’s Grant Shapps when you need him?
Faisal: It’s all going a bit sh.t isn’t it?
Partial sentient wankstain: I think it is too early to tell.
Faisal: Well it’s illegal, immoral, expensive and unworkable ..
Oozing anal sore: But that is not how success will be measured.
Faisal: What do you mean?
Rancid turd: I mean the success of the policy will be determined by whether more racist morons will vote for us at the next General Election than last time.

Faisal: Thank you whatever-your-name-was. Next up, we have a report from Afghanistan regarding the baffling inability of Afghans who helped the British in Afghanistan to claim asylum in the UK nearly a year on. We talk to a former Special Envoy who says it is a complete mystery why the current government are perversely and deliberately dragging their heels on letting brown people into the UK even though they all clearly face imminent torture and death for making the mistake of helping the Brits and trusting the PM.

The Special Envoy, an ex-General, said he was ashamed to be British over this. He’s got a point. :|
This place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here.
What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

Rich Scopie
Snowbonk

Post by Rich Scopie » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:22 am

Little waster wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:57 pm
Little waster wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:51 pm
Stranger Mouse wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:52 pm
Geidt resigns
To lose one ethics advisor is unfortunate, to lose two ...
And on that note Newsnight was particularly informative tonight, for all the wrong reasons.

They dragged some other junior minister on to it for their turn in the barrel. No idea who he was, he probably doesn’t know he is, I wasn’t entirely sure he wasn’t fashioned out of papier-mâché and old wine boxes by an inebriated Johnson 5 minutes before hand.

Anyway the exchange went like this:-

Faisal: So why has the PM’s second ethics advisor resigned?
Empty shirt: I couldn’t possibly speculate.
Faisal: What, not even a little?
Vacuous lump of lard: I think we should all reserve judgement until his letter is published.
Faisal: So is the Government going to publish the letter?
Gelatinous clot: No. Anyway everyone I talk to wants us all to just move on.
Faisal: OK, now Rwanda ...
Festering pustule: Oh FFS! where’s Grant Shapps when you need him?
Faisal: It’s all going a bit sh.t isn’t it?
Partial sentient wankstain: I think it is too early to tell.
Faisal: Well it’s illegal, immoral, expensive and unworkable ..
Oozing anal sore: But that is not how success will be measured.
Faisal: What do you mean?
Rancid turd: I mean the success of the policy will be determined by whether more racist morons will vote for us at the next General Election than last time.

Faisal: Thank you whatever-your-name-was. Next up, we have a report from Afghanistan regarding the baffling inability of Afghans who helped the British in Afghanistan to claim asylum in the UK nearly a year on. We talk to a former Special Envoy who says it is a complete mystery why the current government are perversely and deliberately dragging their heels on letting brown people into the UK even though they all clearly face imminent torture and death for making the mistake of helping the Brits and trusting the PM.

The Special Envoy, an ex-General, said he was ashamed to be British over this. He’s got a point. :|
I think I've seen nearly all those bands at various thrash metal festivals over the years. Their logos are something to behold.
It first was a rumour dismissed as a lie, but then came the evidence none could deny:
a double page spread in the Sunday Express — the Russians are running the DHSS!

lpm
Junior Mod

Post by lpm » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:58 am

WTF?

This resignation letter is out there, man.
⭐ Awarded gold star 4 November 2021

lpm
Junior Mod

Post by lpm » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:12 am

This week, however, I was tasked to offer a view about the government’s intention to consider measures which risk a deliberate and purposeful breach of the ministerial code. This request has placed me in an impossible and odious position. My informal response on Monday was that you and any other minister should justify openly your position vis-à-vis the code in such circumstances. However, the idea that a prime minister might to any degree be in the business of deliberately breaching his own code is an affront. A deliberate breach, or even an intention to do so, would be to suspend the provisions of the code to suit a political end. This would make a mockery not only of respect for the code but licence the suspension of its provisions in governing the conduct of Her Majesty’s ministers. I can have no part in this.
Need a Yes Minister translation of the letter.

"Controversial" means this will lose votes. "Courageous" means this will lose you the election.

But what does "odious" translate to? And "an affront"? "Mockery"?
⭐ Awarded gold star 4 November 2021

Tessa K
Light of Blast

Post by Tessa K » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:29 am

Boris is probably glad he's gone; now he can put one of his cronies in the job.

Odious = you are scum, mate.

Mockery = you are scum and you don't give a sh.t.

Affront - seriously, I mean it.

Gfamily
Light of Blast

Post by Gfamily » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:24 pm

Screenshot_20220616-162404.jpg
Screenshot_20220616-162404.jpg (178.44 KiB) Viewed 1887 times
My avatar was a scientific result that was later found to be 'mistaken' - I rarely claim to be 100% correct
ETA 5/8/20: I've been advised that the result was correct, it was the initial interpretation that needed to be withdrawn
Meta? I'd say so!

Tessa K
Light of Blast

Post by Tessa K » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:32 pm

Stranger Mouse
After Pie

Post by Stranger Mouse » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:31 pm

Couple of people break into a house and have a party. No news on which branch of Young Conservatives it was

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ne ... -rcna34691

Ok bit off topic but …..
I’ve decided I should be on the pardon list if that’s still in the works

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:43 am

Doesn't look as though the British Public (TM) is moving on
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

TopBadger
Catbabel

Post by TopBadger » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:46 am

jimbob wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:43 am
Doesn't look as though the British Public (TM) is moving on
Indeed... and neither is Boris... he'll be sticking right there and getting on with the job of pulling down the Tory party for another 12 months.
You can't polish a turd...
unless its Lion or Osterich poo... http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/mythbus ... -turd.html

WFJ
Catbabel

Post by WFJ » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:32 pm

I was just watching Johnson being interviewed about the results and he doesn't look very healthy. Even by his standards. He's managed to combine looking both obese and incredibly gaunt and empty at the same time. Hopefully the stress of trying to keep up his b.llsh.t is finally getting to him.

monkey
After Pie

Post by monkey » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:46 pm

WFJ wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:32 pm
I was just watching Johnson being interviewed about the results and he doesn't look very healthy. Even by his standards. He's managed to combine looking both obese and incredibly gaunt and empty at the same time. Hopefully the stress of trying to keep up his b.llsh.t is finally getting to him.
He did have surgery the other day.

WFJ
Catbabel

Post by WFJ » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:54 pm

monkey wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:46 pm
WFJ wrote:
Yes I forgot about that.

In his later press conference he didn't look anywhere near as bad. Maybe due to better makeup .

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:28 pm

monkey wrote:
WFJ wrote:
*Blows dust off a joke book from the Nixon-era*

I heard he was in to have an a..eh.le transplant Spoiler:
This place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here.

Gfamily
Light of Blast

Post by Gfamily » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:37 pm

Little waster wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:28 pm
monkey wrote:
WFJ wrote:

https://ricochet.com/555046/quote-of-th ... churchill/
My avatar was a scientific result that was later found to be 'mistaken' - I rarely claim to be 100% correct
ETA 5/8/20: I've been advised that the result was correct, it was the initial interpretation that needed to be withdrawn
Meta? I'd say so!

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:02 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ion-losses
Others in the cabinet are also bullish about Johnson’s chances of revival, with one cabinet minister saying that any big national event, such as a twist in the pandemic or death of the Queen, could instantly change the political landscape before the election.
Ladies and gentleman, I give you the patriotic, pro-Royal party.

Alternatively, tens of thousands of our fellow citizens might just die and that might somehow save Good Old “let the bodies pile high” Johnson, so really it’s all still to play for.

Stay classy.

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:30 pm

Little waster wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:02 pm
Others in the cabinet are also bullish about Johnson’s chances of revival, with one cabinet minister saying that any big national event, such as a twist in the pandemic or death of the Queen, could instantly change the political landscape before the election.

Alternatively, tens of thousands of our fellow citizens might just die and that might somehow save Good Old “let the bodies pile high” Johnson, so really it’s all still to play for.

Stay classy.
And this
Johnson’s No 10 aides insist he still has scope to turn things around by being “humble” and accepting that more needs to change while not “over-panicking” about midterm results. However, there was evidence on Friday that even some of Johnson’s erstwhile backers believe his time may soon be up. “It wouldn’t do him any harm if he wanted to look in the mirror. He needs to ask himself: have I got the stomach for this, and am I going to be able to do this. Is it me?” said one Tory MP and grandee who has been supportive of the prime minister up until now.
Because he can do that as much as I can perform a triple back somersault.
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

Tessa K
Light of Blast

Post by Tessa K » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:06 pm

jimbob wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:30 pm
Little waster wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:02 pm

Stay classy.
And this
Johnson’s No 10 aides insist he still has scope to turn things around by being “humble” and accepting that more needs to change while not “over-panicking” about midterm results. However, there was evidence on Friday that even some of Johnson’s erstwhile backers believe his time may soon be up. “It wouldn’t do him any harm if he wanted to look in the mirror. He needs to ask himself: have I got the stomach for this, and am I going to be able to do this. Is it me?” said one Tory MP and grandee who has been supportive of the prime minister up until now.
Because he can do that as much as I can perform a triple back somersault.
“It wouldn’t do him any harm if he wanted to look in the mirror.

His kind don't have reflections

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:23 pm

jimbob wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:30 pm
Or as Johnson liked to put it “I’d do it all again”.

So I’m guessing Operation Humble Dog is going to go exactly as well as the other 300 Boris skip-fires that currently pollute the landscape.

JQH
After Pie

Post by JQH » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:37 pm

Little waster wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:28 pm
monkey wrote:
WFJ wrote:

I thought they were just sawing a metre or so off his nose
And remember that if you botch the exit, the carnival of reaction may be coming to a town near you.

Fintan O'Toole

Millennie Al
After Pie

Post by Millennie Al » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:41 pm

monkey wrote:
WFJ wrote:
The doctors confimed that they had found a small speck of integrity, but assured him that they had removed it all and it wouldn't grow back.

Tessa K
Light of Blast

Post by Tessa K » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:17 am

Boris says a psychological transformation in his character is not going to happen. He also says he humbly accepts criticism.

These two statements are not compatible.

Of course he's not going to change. Setting aside the fact that personality changes are hard for anyone to achieve, people like him don't see the need to change. They're right and everyone else is wrong.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics- ... E8923C408C

Stranger Mouse
After Pie

Post by Stranger Mouse » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:21 pm

Tessa K wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:17 am
Boris says a psychological transformation in his character is not going to happen. He also says he humbly accepts criticism.

Of course he's not going to change. Setting aside the fact that personality changes are hard for anyone to achieve, people like him don't see the need to change. They're right and everyone else is wrong.

Trying to get a Tory donor to pay £150 grand for a treehouse in the middle of a pandemic. There is no bottom.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/20235 ... -chequers/
I’ve decided I should be on the pardon list if that’s still in the works

Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Post by Bird on a Fire » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:16 pm

UK really going through its Trump years right now.
We have the right to a clean, healthy, sustainable environment.

tom p
After Pie

Post by tom p » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:43 am

Stranger Mouse wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:21 pm
Tessa K wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:17 am

Trying to get a Tory donor to pay £150 grand for a treehouse in the middle of a pandemic. There is no bottom.
Have you not seen a photo of him from behind? There is a *lot* of bottom.