Boris Johnson is Just Ugh - Just all of it edition

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
nezumi
Dorkwood

Boris Johnson is Just Ugh - Just all of it edition

Post by nezumi » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:46 pm

Just all of it and then this. f.cking. picture.
ugh.jpg
ugh.jpg (49.8 KiB) Viewed 1241 times

Dear f.cking god.
Non fui. Fui. Non sum. Non curo.

shpalman
Princess POW

Re: Boris Johnson is Just Ugh - Just all of it edition

Post by shpalman » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:48 pm

nezumi wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:46 pm
Just all of it and then this. f.cking. picture.

ugh.jpg

Dear f.cking god.
Boris Johnson on drugs
having that swing is a necessary but not sufficient condition for it meaning a thing
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:50 pm

having that swing is a necessary but not sufficient condition for it meaning a thing
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:50 pm

TREATMENT!

Drug treatment.

Not their drug dealers.
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

nezumi
Dorkwood

Post by nezumi » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:08 pm

The Independent ain't happy.

They're not wrong though.

sideshowjim
Clardic Fug

Post by sideshowjim » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:29 am

Wonder how long this whole new drug policy has been in planning for? Has it been something they've been carefully putting together and meeting about for ages, or is it just a load of stuff dragged out of some old dusty binders in order to make an announcement?

Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Post by Bird on a Fire » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:34 am

sideshowjim wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:29 am
Wonder how long this whole new drug policy has been in planning for? Has it been something they've been carefully putting together and meeting about for ages, or is it just a load of stuff dragged out of some old dusty binders in order to make an announcement?
Haha lol take a wild guess.

And I don't think that's dust on their binders.
We have the right to a clean, healthy, sustainable environment.

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:44 am

Bird on a Fire wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:34 am
sideshowjim wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:29 am
Haha lol take a wild guess.

And I don't think that's dust on their binders.
My youtube-fu is failing but there is a Thick of It scene where the gang are on the way to make a big press announcement about a major new policy initiative when, due to a miscommunication, they are told to completely scrap the policy.

Cue a a desperate 5 min brainstorming session in the back of a cab as they frantically try to come up with a policy, any policy, which would be popular but not cost anything. They only thing the SPAD can think of is reintroducing the death penalty much to the disgust of the Minister.

Reality is why Armando Iannucci has essentially given up making political satires.
This place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here.
What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:45 am

This place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here.
What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

nezumi
Dorkwood

Post by nezumi » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:52 pm

PMQ's A Blow By Blow Account by A Mouse aged 37 going on 6.

So Johnson starts PMQs by explaining how it wasn't his fault and he is furious just FURIOUS that everyone went behind his back and had a party without even inviting him and he's absolutely no taking any responsibility whatever, nu-uh no way not me guv, and that he's going to do an inquiry straightaway and find out who he can chuck under the bus.

Next some woman who can't even read fluently from a card (!) does some evidenceless character assassination of some poor Labour councillors*. Johnson answers with some bollocks that may or may not have been some permutation of English.

Starmer goes straight to the question anyway (because, actually, why keep it for later) and says that people think they've been taken for fools. I disagree. No. People who are not fools are simply outnumbered and gerrymandered to not count in amongst the numerous actual fools the Conservative designed education system has produced.

Now Johnson apologises....

For our perceptions being apparently incorrect. Gosh, that's an interesting take on it Mr Johnson. Do go on. Sickened and furious he says. Wow. That's an amazing reaction to something that didn't happen according to yesterday and is actually entirely his responsibility. Sorry. Do go on, Mr Johnson. He's asked The Cabinet Secretary to investigate what happened. That would be this guy. Dunno who he is. Sure someone will be along to tell me exactly why this is corrupt. I am certain there is a way Johnson can corrupt this as there always is.

Question 2. Ouch. Those idiot Northerners are smarter than you Prime Minister. Oooh Johnson, that's a fun rhetorical device! Something, something something, I get it so that's why I'm shirking all responsibility and kicking an investigation over to find that someone I don't particularly like did it (can we blame Labour?).

How can anyone born after 1950 make "give me a break" sound stilted? Anyway, nice reference to an actual human being here while Johnson shakes his head as if he can't believe there's such a thing as either actual human beings or people who followed the rules. Well. I find it hard to believe Johnson has ever felt such a thing as sympathy but ok. Oh and now he's undermining confidence in measures the government's taking for coronavirus now. Because that is 1: totally, totally relevant, 2: he totally definitely said that and 3: the message to take away today is that not seeing your loved ones when they die is just normal and fine and some people under his direct command having a party and laughing at bereaved people is also normal and fine and not even his responsibility. Oooh also that having a problem with something like the direct reports of a conservative prime minister in the middle of a pandemic having a massive party and having a great time while people die and then laughing about it is somehow party politics. Well. He's full of shite isn't he.

Why even ask if Johnson can feel shame. It's obvious he can't.

I give up.

* I have no doubt they're sh.t and corrupt but that's what centralisation does to local government.

WFJ
Catbabel

Post by WFJ » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:07 pm

nezumi wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:52 pm

He's asked The Cabinet Secretary to investigate what happened. That would be this guy. Dunno who he is. Sure someone will be along to tell me exactly why this is corrupt. I am certain there is a way Johnson can corrupt this as there always is.

Well the Government has already refused to confirm that Case was not at the non-party that didn't happen where all attendees followed all covid regulations.

El Pollo Diablo
Stummy Beige

Post by El Pollo Diablo » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:10 pm

nezumi wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:52 pm
Next some woman who can't even read fluently from a card (!) does some evidenceless character assassination of some poor Labour councillors*. Johnson answers with some bollocks that may or may not have been some permutation of English.
This point was actually quite funny, mainly because Johnson was so off his game that he pleaded with the people of West brom or wherever to make sure that they elected a Labour Council. It took a little time before he corrected himself.
If truth is many-sided, mendacity is many-tongued