Labour/ Tory Party Comparison

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people

Are / Were The Labour Party The Same As The Tories?

Starmer Labour is the same as the Conservative alternative
1%
Starmer Labour isn’t the same as the Conservative alternative
44%
Blair Labour was the same as the Conservative alternative
2%
Blair Labour wasn’t the same as the Conservative alternative
40%
Cockend
12%

Total votes: 99

tom p
After Pie

Re: Labour/ Tory Party Comparison

Post by tom p » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:15 pm

tom p wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:17 pm
Stranger Mouse wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:07 pm
Corbyn stated that the EHRC report was overstated for political reasons

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -in-labour
Cheers.
Of course, him saying it doesn't mean that he was wrong. It's possible for there to be a problem (which his statement doesn't deny), whilst it also being overstated by the press & political opponents.
If it wasn't overstated by the press, then it would be the first thing ever that the rightwing press hadn't overstated about a left-wing party leader.
Oh look: Corbyn was right (and so was I, which is obviously far more important)

EACLucifer
Stummy Beige

Post by EACLucifer » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:35 pm

tom p wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:15 pm
tom p wrote:
Stranger Mouse wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:07 pm
Corbyn stated that the EHRC report was overstated for political reasons

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -in-labour
Cheers.
Of course, him saying it doesn't mean that he was wrong. It's possible for there to be a problem (which his statement doesn't deny), whilst it also being overstated by the press & political opponents.
If it wasn't overstated by the press, then it would be the first thing ever that the rightwing press hadn't overstated about a left-wing party leader.
b.llsh.t.

“There is nothing in the Leaked Report (or elsewhere in the evidence we have seen) to support the conclusion that the problem of antisemitism in the party was overstated.”

“no evidence that claims of antisemitism were fabricated by complainants or improperly pursued by the complaints team”.

As for the claim that antisemitism allegations were used as a factional weapon, that's pretty much inevitable when one faction promotes and tolerates antisemites and the other faction thinks this is bad.

tom p
After Pie

Post by tom p » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:45 am

EACLucifer wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:35 pm
tom p wrote:
tom p wrote:

Cheers.
b.llsh.t.

“There is nothing in the Leaked Report (or elsewhere in the evidence we have seen) to support the conclusion that the problem of antisemitism in the party was overstated.”

“no evidence that claims of antisemitism were fabricated by complainants or improperly pursued by the complaints team”.

As for the claim that antisemitism allegations were used as a factional weapon, that's pretty much inevitable when one faction promotes and tolerates antisemites and the other faction thinks this is bad.
Aw, bless. You really can't cope with suggestion that your team is ever anything but perfect.
You have a significant psychological problem. You're not a little boy any more. It's time to grow up.

EACLucifer
Stummy Beige

Post by EACLucifer » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:35 am

tom p wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:45 am
EACLucifer wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:35 pm
tom p wrote:

b.llsh.t.

Aw, bless. You really can't cope with suggestion that your team is ever anything but perfect.
You have a significant psychological problem. You're not a little boy any more. It's time to grow up.
Tom, you are hilarious. An absolute f.cking joke. I'm having nearly as much fun reading this as I did when Ambassador Ulyanov accused people of pronouncing nonsense.

And it's clear you can't cope with the absolute cast iron fact that your faction was fond of antisemitism, its leader gave money to a holocaust denier and platformed extreme racists time and time again.

Stranger Mouse
After Pie

Post by Stranger Mouse » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:54 am

I can see the way this is going. How about moving this to the Corbyn thread?
I’ve decided I should be on the pardon list if that’s still in the works

Iron Magpie
Sindis Poop

Post by Iron Magpie » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:39 pm

hodge.jpg
hodge.jpg (141.12 KiB) Viewed 887 times
Can we say hypocrisy???

El Pollo Diablo
Stummy Beige

Post by El Pollo Diablo » Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:13 am

If truth is many-sided, mendacity is many-tongued

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:22 am

Yes but something about the Iraq war!
having that swing is a necessary but not sufficient condition for it meaning a thing
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk