Grumble
Light of Blast

Re: Watching p.rn at work

Post by Grumble » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:31 pm

jimbob wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:38 pm
FlammableFlower wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:57 pm
It beggars belief - this was a front bench Tory MP - FFS, even without considering the obvious issues, there are people sat behind you...
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... st13793346

Apparently it is two separate MPs
Now it's two male Tory MPs accused of watching p.rnography on phones in Commons

One MP said she had seen a male MP watching p.rnography in both Commons and at a committee and another Tory MP said she had seen a different male MP watching p.rnography and tried to take a photo.

Which makes LPM's point
Yeah, I doubt it’s stopping there.
where once I used to scintillate
now I sin till ten past three

Tessa K
Light of Blast

Post by Tessa K » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:57 am

some men in Westminster thought being elected made them “God’s gift to women”

Yeah, like the Plagues of Egypt were God's gift.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... mps-sexism

Stranger Mouse
After Pie

Post by Stranger Mouse » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:35 pm

Neil Parish

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61276319

Someone had already helpfully updated Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Parish
I’ve decided I should be on the pardon list if that’s still in the works

dyqik
Princess POW

Post by dyqik » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:36 pm

Tessa K wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:57 am
some men in Westminster thought being elected made them “God’s gift to women”

Yeah, like the Plagues of Egypt were God's gift.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... mps-sexism
They must have missed the well known phrase "A baboon with a blue rosette could get elected here". Or whatever animal/object it usually is.

Stranger Mouse
After Pie

Post by Stranger Mouse » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:38 pm

Stranger Mouse wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:35 pm
Neil Parish

Since I posted that Wikipedia link someone had added something that I’m pretty sure is libellous.

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:43 pm

Stranger Mouse wrote:
Neil Parish

Parish opposes, and voted against the implementation of same sex marriage, stating that he feels the issue is "for the Church and Christians to decide [upon], not for parliament to legislate."[15] In 2014, Parish voted against enabling the courts to deal with proceedings for the divorce of a same sex couple and against making same sex marriage available to armed forces personnel outside the UK.[16]
*Irony face on standby.*
This place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here.
What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

jaap
Catbabel

Post by jaap » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:54 pm

Stranger Mouse wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:38 pm
Stranger Mouse wrote:
Neil Parish

Since I posted that Wikipedia link someone had added something that I’m pretty sure is libellous.
It is worth clicking through the various edits that have been made to that page. A lot of vandalism for the lolz.

Stranger Mouse
After Pie

Post by Stranger Mouse » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:38 pm

jaap wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:54 pm
Stranger Mouse wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:38 pm
Stranger Mouse wrote:
Neil Parish

It is worth clicking through the various edits that have been made to that page. A lot of vandalism for the lolz.
There’s a GB News interview https://twitter.com/politicsjoe_uk/stat ... xYKfnTi6Ow

Trinucleus
Dorkwood

Post by Trinucleus » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:51 pm

The Boris defence is spreading.... Neil Parish says we must wait for the outcome of the enquiry to find out whether he was watching p.rn or not

Tessa K
Light of Blast

Post by Tessa K » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:21 pm

Trinucleus wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:51 pm
The Boris defence is spreading.... Neil Parish says we must wait for the outcome of the enquiry to find out whether he was watching p.rn or not
"I may have been watching p.rn by accident, I thought it was a work Zoom meeting."

monkey
After Pie

Post by monkey » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:06 am

Trinucleus wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:51 pm
That's the whole point of doing an enquiry.

The Thick of it covered that years ago.

tenchboy
After Pie

Post by tenchboy » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:11 am

This is why I laughed my tits off this morning.png
This is why I laughed my tits off this morning.png (86.7 KiB) Viewed 1141 times
If you want me Steve, just Snapchat me yeah? You know how to Snapchap me doncha Steve? You just...

Brightonian
Dorkwood

Post by Brightonian » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:02 am

A couple of accidental p.rn-watching incidents...

In about 2009 I was in a pub, connected to their WiFi. My browser kept intermittently flipping over to p.rn sites. This happened again in the same pub a week or so later, but never anywhere else, so I assume somebody thought it would be fun to fiddle with the router's DNS settings.*

In about 1999 I was working in an office. A colleague was looking stuff up on the Internet when he turned round to join in on a conversation. Typically for him he talked away for several minutes, and eventually turned round again to see that all this time there was a p.rn site on display. He went "what, what, what??" and then looked at the address bar and informed us he'd mistyped the address he was actually after. He was clearly embarrassed so I'm fairly sure it was an accident.

* I know nothing about routers or DNS settings so I may well be talking rubbish.

Fishnut
After Pie

Post by Fishnut » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:19 am

Brightonian wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:02 am

In about 2009 I was in a pub, connected to their WiFi. My browser kept intermittently flipping over to p.rn sites. This happened again in the same pub a week or so later, but never anywhere else, so I assume somebody thought it would be fun to fiddle with the router's DNS settings.*

In about 1999 I was working in an office. A colleague was looking stuff up on the Internet when he turned round to join in on a conversation. Typically for him he talked away for several minutes, and eventually turned round again to see that all this time there was a p.rn site on display. He went "what, what, what??" and then looked at the address bar and informed us he'd mistyped the address he was actually after. He was clearly embarrassed so I'm fairly sure it was an accident.

* I know nothing about routers or DNS settings so I may well be talking rubbish.
I'm really not sure of the point of this post. Parish hasn't been accused of accidentally opening a webpage that happened to contain p.rn and quickly closing it, or being the victim of a bad 'prank'. He's been accused of watching p.rn. There's a huge difference.
it's okay to say "I don't know"

Brightonian
Dorkwood

Post by Brightonian » Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:55 am

Fishnut wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:19 am
Brightonian wrote:

I'm really not sure of the point of this post. Parish hasn't been accused of accidentally opening a webpage that happened to contain p.rn and quickly closing it, or being the victim of a bad 'prank'. He's been accused of watching p.rn. There's a huge difference.
Yes, sorry, I was drifting off topic, not trying to defend him if accidentally opening a webpage if that's his defence.

Edut: and I shouldn't have drifted off topic as this is a weighty matters thread.

Brightonian
Dorkwood

Post by Brightonian » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:25 am

Brightonian wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:55 am
Fishnut wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:19 am
Brightonian wrote:

Yes, sorry, I was drifting off topic, not trying to defend him if accidentally opening a webpage if that's his defence.

Edut: and I shouldn't have drifted off topic as this is a weighty matters thread.
And sorry, shouldn't make light of this matter anyway.

FlammableFlower
Dorkwood

Post by FlammableFlower » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:53 pm

That is a seriously piss poor excuse. There's a huge difference between accidentally alighting on something and sitting there viewing it for a period of time. What's the betting he's not the only one...?

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:13 pm

FlammableFlower wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:53 pm
That is a seriously piss poor excuse. There's a huge difference between accidentally alighting on something and sitting there viewing it for a period of time. What's the betting he's not the only one...?
Is he the same MP who was caught in committee or is that a different one?
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

Tessa K
Light of Blast

Post by Tessa K » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:23 pm

FlammableFlower wrote:
How do you 'accidentally' look at p.rn? What words was he searching that brought up something that looked relevant to whatever was being discussed at the time?

MPs shouldn't even be looking at pics of kittens when they're supposed to be working

Martin Y
Stummy Beige

Post by Martin Y » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:24 pm

jimbob wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:13 pm
FlammableFlower wrote:
Is he the same MP who was caught in committee or is that a different one?
BBC's "Parish expected to quit" article says "Two female colleagues claimed they had seen him looking at adult content on his phone while sitting near them" which suggests both incidents involve the same man.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61284686

Martin_B
After Pie

Post by Martin_B » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:46 pm

Tessa K wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:23 pm
How do you 'accidentally' look at p.rn? What words was he searching that brought up something that looked relevant to whatever was being discussed at the time?
My colleague was researching Archimedes pumps for a project and typed "screw pump" into the search engine. The results were 'interesting'!
"My interest is in the future, because I'm going to spend the rest of my life there"

FlammableFlower
Dorkwood

Post by FlammableFlower » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:50 pm

Tessa K wrote:
FlammableFlower wrote:

MPs shouldn't even be looking at pics of kittens when they're supposed to be working
Nowadays, it's probably quite difficult. In the early 2000s, one of my colleagues had a PhD student who had taken up buying a few stocks and shares online. So he asked him the website address. When he went to visit, he used .com instead of .co.uk and he was very surprised by what came up just as the Head of Department popped into his office... I think now companies are more careful about buying up similar domains.

Stranger Mouse
After Pie

Post by Stranger Mouse » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:59 pm

FlammableFlower wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:50 pm
Tessa K wrote:
FlammableFlower wrote:

Nowadays, it's probably quite difficult. In the early 2000s, one of my colleagues had a PhD student who had taken up buying a few stocks and shares online. So he asked him the website address. When he went to visit, he used .com instead of .co.uk and he was very surprised by what came up just as the Head of Department popped into his office... I think now companies are more careful about buying up similar domains.
I wanted some info on the Slovenia elections so I did a search on Slovenia except I didn’t - I mistyped “lovenia” and found some pretty NSFW images. I think it was the lady’s name but I can’t be sure because she wasn’t wearing a name badge or anything else.

ETA To clarify it was a Twitter search. As an experiment I just did a “lovenia” search on the web andgot lots of stuff about sea urchins

Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Post by Bird on a Fire » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:05 pm

It's a worthless excuse. If you're repeatedly opening links to p.rn by mistake while at work or in any other space with folk who haven't consented to watching p.rn with you, you get some web-savviness training pronto so you don't keep f.cking up like that and risking serious offence, and stop opening links in the meantime.

So even if he's telling the truth (which he isn't) he should still f.ck right off.
We have the right to a clean, healthy, sustainable environment.

dyqik
Princess POW

Post by dyqik » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:07 pm

Bird on a Fire wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:05 pm
It's a worthless excuse. If you're repeatedly opening links to p.rn by mistake while at work or in any other space with folk who haven't consented to watching p.rn with you, you get some web-savviness training pronto so you don't keep f.cking up like that and risking serious offence, and stop opening links in the meantime.

So even if he's telling the truth (which he isn't) he should still f.ck right off.
Or you install a net nanny filter on your devices.