Who's next?

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
Tessa K
Light of Blast

Re: Who's next?

Post by Tessa K » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:52 pm

jimbob wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:26 pm
I didn't see Johnson sacking someone who hadn't *publicly* called for his resignation.

Gove's gone
Patel's now calling for Boris to go. It's such blatant self interest, not principle.

Stranger Mouse
After Pie

Post by Stranger Mouse » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:10 pm

Oh my God. This interview is insane

https://twitter.com/tobyontv/status/154 ... xWzPub0rFg
I’ve decided I should be on the pardon list if that’s still in the works

nezumi
Dorkwood

Post by nezumi » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:54 pm

Stranger Mouse wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:10 pm

Wow delusional and/or completely lacking in dignity, great look. Really on trend for this season. I love how he paired it with the rabbit-in-the-headlights expression, really adds to the gravitas. He's going places, probably gonna be in the cabinet by this time tomorrow, and obviously out again by next Tuesday.
Non fui. Fui. Non sum. Non curo.

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:35 pm

Stranger Mouse wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:10 pm

Yebbut ... TAX CUTS!

I mean to be serious for a second, we are talking about Boris Johnson here, solemnly PROMISING something and we all know you don’t anything get much more of a cast-Iron guarantee than that!

It is also such a radical and bold step as well, I mean this could be a real game-changer! Just imagine we might now be in a world where Tory PMs who find themselves in dire trouble can just offer TAX CUTS and suddenly everything is all wonderful again. I’m just surprised nobody in the entire history of mankind has ever considered doing this previously. :?

I mean as a life-long Tory, who I believe I speaks for the sensible silent majority here, TBH if Gary Glitter stood for PM on a platform of giving me a 37p extra a week in tax cuts then I’d be his staunchest supporter and would actively campaign for him to be made God Emperor-For-Life because I clearly have all my priorities properly in order and under no circumstances do I have to give my head a massive f.cking wobble!
This place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here.
What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

Tessa K
Light of Blast

Post by Tessa K » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:51 am

bl..dy hell.

I can't wait to hear Boris' resignation speech. Does he have to go and tell the queen?

Tessa K
Light of Blast

Post by Tessa K » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:46 am

So he's gone-ish.

He knows nothing about Darwinian theory

tom p
After Pie

Post by tom p » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:46 am

Tessa K wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:46 am
So he's gone-ish.

He knows nothing about Darwinian theory anything
FIFY

Stranger Mouse
After Pie

Post by Stranger Mouse » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:57 am

Just a thought but would it be worth combining the two threads as right now they are covering the same ground?
I’ve decided I should be on the pardon list if that’s still in the works

Tessa K
Light of Blast

Post by Tessa K » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:29 pm

Stranger Mouse wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:57 am
Just a thought but would it be worth combining the two threads as right now they are covering the same ground?
Probably.

Btw what are the odds Carrie will divorce him within a year?

tom p
After Pie

Post by tom p » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:27 pm

Tessa K wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:29 pm
Stranger Mouse wrote:
Probably.

Probably pretty good.
No longer being PM will give him the enough free time and lack of scrutiny to shag some other big-faced tory bints. Also, he's likely to get a hefty advance for his memoirs from a tory-owned publishing house (is it Random House that Murdoch owns?)
At which point, he will suddenly be flush with cash and with easily provable infidelities. Easy divorce and pocket a big fat payday for having put up with that big fat melted blancmange of a man. I suppose the only question of the timeline is about when he actually receives the cash from the publishers. I'd expect her to file for divorce within a month of that.

dyqik
Princess POW

Post by dyqik » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:28 pm

tom p wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:27 pm
Tessa K wrote:
Stranger Mouse wrote:
Probably.

Probably pretty good.
No longer being PM will give him the enough free time and lack of scrutiny to shag some other big-faced tory bints. Also, he's likely to get a hefty advance for his memoirs from a tory-owned publishing house (is it Random House that Murdoch owns?)
At which point, he will suddenly be flush with cash and with easily provable infidelities. Easy divorce and pocket a big fat payday for having put up with that big fat melted blancmange of a man. I suppose the only question of the timeline is about when he actually receives the cash from the publishers. I'd expect her to file for divorce within a month of that.
This scenario diverts the question in this thread's title onto another topic, I guess.

Tessa K
Light of Blast

Post by Tessa K » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:32 pm

dyqik wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:28 pm
tom p wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:27 pm
Tessa K wrote:

Probably.

Probably pretty good.
This scenario diverts the question in this thread's title onto another topic, I guess.
Just a quick sidebar

Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Post by Bird on a Fire » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:30 pm

The threads have clearly distinct topics to me - this one for who resigns next, the other for what happens next with the PM in general.

Can still merge them if anyone gives a f.ck, but at they were started days apart I assume the OPs had their reasons?
We have the right to a clean, healthy, sustainable environment.

Tessa K
Light of Blast

Post by Tessa K » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:11 pm

Bird on a Fire wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:30 pm
The threads have clearly distinct topics to me - this one for who resigns next, the other for what happens next with the PM in general.

Can still merge them if anyone gives a f.ck, but at they were started days apart I assume the OPs had their reasons?
Yes, I started this one to cover the resignations, little suspecting at the time how many there will be. There may yet be others.

Al Capone Junior
Clardic Fug

Post by Al Capone Junior » Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:42 am

Minister for Children and Families
Sounds like a b.llsh.t cabinet post the repugnicans will make up in order to facilitate making everyone (except white evangelical men) even more miserable.

Al Capone Junior
Clardic Fug

Post by Al Capone Junior » Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:47 am

Tessa K wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:11 pm
Yes, I started this one to cover the resignations, little suspecting at the time how many there will be.
We've got so much sh.t hitting the fan over here that the entire room is an even shade of brown. Yet we can't seem to get even one token resignation from even the most obviously guilty. What are we doing wrong?

Wait, don't answer that. It would probably break the internet

WFJ
Catbabel

Post by WFJ » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:55 am

Al Capone Junior wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:47 am
Tessa K wrote:
Yes, I started this one to cover the resignations, little suspecting at the time how many there will be.
We've got so much sh.t hitting the fan over here that the entire room is an even shade of brown. Yet we can't seem to get even one token resignation from even the most obviously guilty. What are we doing wrong?

Politicians only resign in the UK in an attempt to change leader. Fixed terms make this impossible in the US. Resignations out of principle just as rare in the UK and in most of these cases are made in the expectation of future benefits, good PR etc.

tom p
After Pie

Post by tom p » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:42 am

WFJ wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:55 am
Al Capone Junior wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:47 am
Tessa K wrote:

Politicians only resign in the UK in an attempt to change leader. Fixed terms make this impossible in the US. Resignations out of principle just as rare in the UK and in most of these cases are made in the expectation of future benefits, good PR etc.
This isn't entirely accurate.
As Nixon showed, a president can resign. There may not be another presidential election, but the prez himself can do one at any time.

headshot
Dorkwood

Post by headshot » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:50 am

Brexit hardman fuckknuckle, Steve Baker, has thrown is hat cockend into the ring.

Shame his staff can only use PowerPoint...poorly...and did their last graphic designs in 1988.

tom p
After Pie

Post by tom p » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:57 am

seriously, that's his poster?
Jesus christ.
what's the deal with the squiggle under him? It looks like a cartoon representation of when someone has been hit on the head and is dazed, or maybe it's meant to be pubes

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:02 am

tom p wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:57 am
seriously, that's his poster?
Jesus christ.
what's the deal with the squiggle under him? It looks like a cartoon representation of when someone has been hit on the head and is dazed, or maybe it's meant to be pubes
I assume the "arrow-through-the-head" effect is some sort of subtle protest from whichever work experience kid they got to knock the poster up.
This place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here.
What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

WFJ
Catbabel

Post by WFJ » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:04 am

I'm pretty sure the territory the UK operates on should be the UK. Although he's probably planning to offshore it for tax reasons.

ETA: should this thread just be locked? It's annoying having two threads and there would probably be no resignations coming next.

tenchboy
After Pie

Post by tenchboy » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:53 am

headshot wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:50 am
Brexit hardman fuckknuckle, Steve Baker, has thrown is hat cockend into the ring.

Shame his staff can only use PowerPoint...poorly...and did their last graphic designs in 1988.

Please tell me the cross-in-a-circle and "read more" are part of the poster and not just artifacts of your screen shot.
If you want me Steve, just Snapchat me yeah? You know how to Snapchap me doncha Steve? You just...

headshot
Dorkwood

Post by headshot » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:23 am

tenchboy wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:53 am
headshot wrote:

Please tell me the cross-in-a-circle and "read more" are part of the poster and not just artifacts of your screen shot.
The cross in the circle is a Twitter artefact, the rest is what was left in place by the design - included the greyish boxes in the background from the Powerpoint slide template they used.

Tessa K
Light of Blast

Post by Tessa K » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:37 am

headshot wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:23 am
tenchboy wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:53 am
headshot wrote:

The cross in the circle is a Twitter artefact, the rest is what was left in place by the design - included the greyish boxes in the background from the Powerpoint slide template they used.
If you take out the political references it looks like he runs an office supplies company.