WTF Australia?

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
Grumble
Light of Blast

WTF Australia?

Post by Grumble » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:52 am

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... SApp_Other
I am absolutely baffled by this story. ScoMo appointed himself to 5 ministerial posts in addition to Prime Minister.
where once I used to scintillate
now I sin till ten past three

Woodchopper
Princess POW

Re: WTF Australia?

Post by Woodchopper » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:57 am

Strange. I’m wondering how that would have benefited him so long as the appointments weren’t known.

Gfamily
Light of Blast

Post by Gfamily » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:30 am

Woodchopper wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:57 am
Strange. I’m wondering how that would have benefited him so long as the appointments weren’t known.
If his civil servants knew it meant he could direct the executive actions of the relevant ministries without having to go through the 'other' minister.

(I wondered if this thread was about the CSIRO programme called the Widefield ouTlier Finder, which aims to identify generally 'unexpected' astronomical things picked up when looking at something else. Same Acronym). Anyhow, as you were.
My avatar was a scientific result that was later found to be 'mistaken' - I rarely claim to be 100% correct
ETA 5/8/20: I've been advised that the result was correct, it was the initial interpretation that needed to be withdrawn
Meta? I'd say so!

Chris Preston
Snowbonk

Post by Chris Preston » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:42 am

Woodchopper wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:57 am
Megalomania.

Morrison was concerned that Ministers were going to make decisions he wasn't involved in. He used the powers on at least 2 occasions to make decisions different to what the ministers concerned wanted to do.
Here grows much rhubarb.

Sciolus
Dorkwood

Post by Sciolus » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:33 pm

How many salaries did he draw?