Racist, misogynist, homophobic; not just the Met

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
Gfamily
Light of Blast

Racist, misogynist, homophobic; not just the Met

Post by Gfamily » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:46 pm

I don't really think it'll be a surprise to many - in many work environments this is obvious, but not something easy to call out

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65128073
My avatar was a scientific result that was later found to be 'mistaken' - I rarely claim to be 100% correct
ETA 5/8/20: I've been advised that the result was correct, it was the initial interpretation that needed to be withdrawn
Meta? I'd say so!

JQH
After Pie

Re: Racist, misogynist, homophobic; not just the Met

Post by JQH » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:12 pm

Shortly before the pandemic the right wing press was winding people up and pointing them at the RNLI because they had dared tackle sexual harrassment by members of Whitby lifeboat crew: the argument was that these men were heroes and volunteers at that so should be allowed to let off steam via "banter,"

I commented at the time that (1) this does not excuse them being dicks and (2) the women on the crew were also volunteers and heroes and therefore deserved some f.cking respect.

The responses reminded me why I left Whitby.
And remember that if you botch the exit, the carnival of reaction may be coming to a town near you.

Fintan O'Toole

Boustrophedon
Stummy Beige

Re: Racist, misogynist, homophobic; not just the Met

Post by Boustrophedon » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:02 am

Met again though: A Redbridge police officer dismissed a woman who said she was raped as “drunk” and refused to take her crime report, the Metropolitan Police Service has admitted.

https://www.ilfordrecorder.co.uk/news/2 ... led-drunk/
Hjulet snurrar men hamstern är död.