Robert Jenrick strikes again

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
Fishnut
After Pie

Robert Jenrick strikes again

Post by Fishnut » Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:18 pm

Not content to force asylum centres to paint over welcoming murals, he's now blocking charities from visiting asylum seekers staying in Home Office accommodation.
Refugee charity Care4Calais has been stopped from visiting asylum seekers at Napier Barracks, where it offers individuals legal and emotional support.
Care4Calais had been helping asylum seekers at the accommodation centre in Kent since 2020, before being abruptly told by Clearsprings Ready Homes, the contractor running the site, that it could no longer offer its services at the end of September. It said it was not given a reason for the decision.

The charity has also been blocked from entering RAF Wethersfield, another asylum seeker accommodation site, to give haircuts, clothes and shoes. It is instead having to use a local church several miles away.

Internal emails, obtained under the Freedom of Information Act and seen by i, reveal the instructions came directly from Mr Jenrick’s office.
The emails, initially obtained by Care4Calais, have had names redacted but the Home Office and Clearsprings Ready Homes appear to accuse Care4Calais of “encouraging” asylum seekers to “complain” about their housing conditions and “speak to the media”. [my emphasis]
it's okay to say "I don't know"

FlammableFlower
Dorkwood

Re: Robert Jenrick strikes again

Post by FlammableFlower » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:17 pm

WTAF? Just why?

Fishnut
After Pie

Post by Fishnut » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:55 pm

FlammableFlower wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:17 pm
WTAF? Just why?
Because they're f.cking evil c.nts
it's okay to say "I don't know"

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:42 am

Fishnut wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:55 pm
FlammableFlower wrote:
WTAF? Just why?
Performative cruelty

Meanwhile man who has been granted asylum lost his asylum hostel accommodation on getting refugee status

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... n=sharebar
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

discovolante
Stummy Beige

Post by discovolante » Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:55 am

jimbob wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:42 am
Fishnut wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:55 pm
FlammableFlower wrote:
WTAF? Just why?
Performative cruelty

Meanwhile man who has been granted asylum lost his asylum hostel accommodation on getting refugee status

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... n=sharebar
I posted about similar here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3932#p154013 Scotland doesn't have priority need so this is about people not getting what they're entitled to in law, but priority need in England is a horrible trap, that clearly excludes a lot of people but also leads to bad decision making whenever there's an element of discretion.
To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave.

discovolante
Stummy Beige

Post by discovolante » Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:06 am

I'm actually slightly annoyed that the MEN, having had a story about this handed to it on a plate by someone who clearly has the skills and background to know how to communicate this kind of issue to it, has provided absolutely zero context in a way that could lead people to think this is some kind of new phenomenon or one-off injustice. But hey what's new. Here's another article that provides a bit more overall context including more info on the impact of and on refugees (need to scroll down the page a bit): https://manchestermill.co.uk/p/why-does ... eep-rising

Christ I only woke up for a pee.
To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave.