Police and their response to 11/11.

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
Opti
Dorkwood

Police and their response to 11/11.

Post by Opti » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:18 am

Seeing as I'm not really in a position to have gone to London to express my support for those calling for a ceasefire in Israel/Gaza, I have only news reports to base my views on what went on.

It appears that the Met police handled the unwarranted pressure from the Home Secretary pretty damn well.
The Sunday papers were a mixed lot, particular standouts were the Mail - who splashed on Michael Gove being 'jostled' at Victoria Station. For a politician whose moves are almost always tactical and well planned this seemed to be a case of "What the f.ck was he doing there at that particular time?. The Times led with Suella's counterblast against some pretty provocative signage and chanting, not really making much effort to cover the disturbances at the Cenotaph. It was pretty obvious which papers were intent on supporting the Home Secretary's whistle.

From video that I have seen (quite a lot) it seems that the police handled both the Cenotaph and the March for a ceasefire as well as the could, given the circumstances that had developed.

Members of the public have been quick to identify the fascist thugs at railway stations - and it looks like there are people whose images were captured at the peace march will have knocks at their door sometime.

Not being overly impressed by Met police handling of mass situations in the past (and more recently) I found myself being pretty pleased at their overall performance.

Their latest press release is, I think, judged well.

Met Police 1 (braverman o.g) v Home office 0
Time for a big fat one.

bob sterman
Dorkwood

Re: Police and their response to 11/11.

Post by bob sterman » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:57 am

I'd say it's 2-0 now as Braverman has been sacked. Excellent news!

However, "pretty provocative signage" is a bit of an understatement. E.g. Star of David combined with a swastika splashed with blood. Racist depictions of Sunak and Braverman (who I am not a fan of!!). Paraglider cartoons. Vampire character (perhaps Biden) with blood dripping from his teeth, devils horns and a Star of David tie.

Grumble
Light of Blast

Post by Grumble » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:04 am

bob sterman wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:57 am
This time is she gone for good?
where once I used to scintillate
now I sin till ten past three

Rich Scopie
Snowbonk

Post by Rich Scopie » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:08 am

Grumble wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:04 am
bob sterman wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:57 am
This time is she gone for good?
She'll come back if someone feeds Priti Patel after midnight again.
It first was a rumour dismissed as a lie, but then came the evidence none could deny:
a double page spread in the Sunday Express — the Russians are running the DHSS!