Co... Co... No, I can't say it.
15%

Total votes: 123

El Pollo Diablo
Stummy Beige

Whose fault will it be?

Post by El Pollo Diablo » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:49 pm

Not Corbyn's, obviously.

Might be Tom Watson - he f.cked off didn't he? I mean, they wanted rid of him anyway but whatever.

And that Tony Blair - he just couldn't stop mouthing off, could he, with all his advice about the importance of the EU to the British economy and so on.

Rupert Murdoch?

Paul Dacre?

The gullible British public voting against their interests?
If truth is many-sided, mendacity is many-tongued

bjn
Stummy Beige

Re: Whose fault will it be?

Post by bjn » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:54 pm

Mikeh and his f.cking beard.

discovolante
Stummy Beige

Post by discovolante » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:56 pm

1) Boris Johnson
2) David Cameron
2) Theresa May
4) Jeremy Corbyn
To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave.

GeenDienst
Dorkwood

Post by GeenDienst » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:17 am

bjn wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:54 pm
Mikeh and his f.cking beard.
testify.
Just tell 'em I'm broke and don't come round here no more.

GeenDienst
Dorkwood

Post by GeenDienst » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:20 am

Momentum, and their smug, arrogant, f.ckwitted assumption that they can affect the outcome of an election.

But yes, the chicken's list, as per "any f.cker but us".

Grumble
Light of Blast

Post by Grumble » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:21 am

A staunch Labour working class retired mate of mine did not vote Labour today, for the first time ever, because of Jeremy Corbyn.

Now the election’s over let’s just say it like it is, the man’s a wet dishcloth of a useless c.nt.
where once I used to scintillate
now I sin till ten past three

discovolante
Stummy Beige

Post by discovolante » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:25 am

Jeremy Corbyn has lost an election, really badly. He has massively f.cked up and the whole situation is f.cked up. I didn't vote Labour by the way, mainly because of Jeremy Corbyn.

Boris Johnson though is basically a despot and he's the one who's going to f.ck us all over over the next few years/until he dies. He doesn't care about truth, the rule of law or democracy, and neither does most of the public it seems. I am not sure how you beat someone who will seemingly stoop to any depth to win, if you have any scruples yourself.

El Pollo Diablo
Stummy Beige

Post by El Pollo Diablo » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:26 am

Tbh I think you do it by being more Tony.
If truth is many-sided, mendacity is many-tongued

discovolante
Stummy Beige

Post by discovolante » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:28 am

El Pollo Diablo wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:26 am
Tbh I think you do it by being more Tony.
OK. We have one non-Tory person on in oooh how long? who people have identified as a good leader. Regardless of Iraq or whatever, people like that are like gold dust. If the only comparison people can make, over and over again, is with Tony Blair, one politician, then it is not just the opposition that is the problem.

Stephanie
Stummy Beige

Post by Stephanie » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:28 am

discovolante wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:25 am
Jeremy Corbyn has lost an election, really badly. He has massively f.cked up and the whole situation is f.cked up. I didn't vote Labour by the way, mainly because of Jeremy Corbyn.

Boris Johnson though is basically a despot and he's the one who's going to f.ck us all over over the next few years/until he dies. He doesn't care about truth, the rule of law or democracy, and neither does most of the public it seems. I am not sure how you beat someone who will seemingly stoop to any depth to win, if you have any scruples yourself.
This.
"I got a flu virus named after me 'cause I kissed a bat on a dare."

GeenDienst
Dorkwood

Post by GeenDienst » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:31 am

Grumble wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:21 am
A staunch Labour working class retired mate of mine did not vote Labour today, for the first time ever, because of Jeremy Corbyn.

Now the election’s over let’s just say it like it is, the man’s a wet dishcloth of a useless c.nt.
Time to forget how unfair it is and all whatevs. Labour's offer has been emphatically rejected. Time for change.

Thing is, it could go one of two ways.

Corbyn et al's prime objective now will be to protect the takeover of the party machinery. It took f.cking decades for them to grab the party, and they are not going to let go before we're all painting ourselves f.cking blue and hitting each other with bovine humeruses. Humeri. A bovine humerus, and then some more like it.

This could well lead to him trying to cling on, for McCluskey's "period of reflection". This would lead to party membership exit doors being clogged by anyone to the not-quite-left of the True Faithful. Drain, meet circle.

Or, he could do the obviously right thing and f.ck the f.ck off, right over there. No, further.

Anyway, there will be a civil war now, which momentum will win, because every f.cker else is exhausted.

GeenDienst
Dorkwood

Post by GeenDienst » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:38 am

discovolante wrote:

Thing is, the polling showed that nobody much trusted Johnson. I put pictures up earlier, something like three quarters found him untrustworthy. This was an open f.cking door. The coming years will be sh.t, and there will be another opportunity, sometime.

Personally I don't expect Labour will win next time. They have their favourite hobby of a massive f.cking civil war to enjoy first. But I don't think this result means that people trust Johnson. But people tire of one party in government, eventually. Blair nailed that down, then people got tired of New Labour, and Gordon helped with that, by being a tw.t. The cycle will turn again, and Labour must be ready to get people like me and you back.

discovolante
Stummy Beige

Post by discovolante » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:44 am

GeenDienst wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:38 am
discovolante wrote:

Thing is, the polling showed that nobody much trusted Johnson. I put pictures up earlier, something like three quarters found him untrustworthy. This was an open f.cking door. The coming years will be sh.t, and there will be another opportunity, sometime.

Personally I don't expect Labour will win next time. They have their favourite hobby of a massive f.cking civil war to enjoy first. But I don't think this result means that people trust Johnson. But people tire of one party in government, eventually. Blair nailed that down, then people got tired of New Labour, and Gordon helped with that, by being a tw.t. The cycle will turn again, and Labour must be ready to get people like me and you back.
As I said, I'm not sure the public cares about truth. And I'm not sure that I want to do anything to encourage a civil war. I would have voted Labour if it would have made a difference to the outcome in my seat, but it wouldn't have done (OK my seat hasn't been announced yet and if I'm wrong then I'll take that back, but it seems unlikely).

GeenDienst
Dorkwood

Post by GeenDienst » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:55 am

Momentum themselves are another imponderable. We know that the Lansmans and so on at the very top are unreconstructed 1980s Bennites, but it remains to be seen how this clusterf.ck affects the rank and file. Momentum was formed as a circle of wagons around Corbyn, essentially. I've posted quotes before about how the leadership intend to protect "Corbynism" whoever is leader. Now that the Corbyn is essentially toast (how warm and for how long remains to be seen) it will be interesting to see what happens among the rank and file, as the Cult fades. Would they embrace a more Tribunite kind of leader after a few years of Singapore-on-Thames?

dyqik
Princess POW

Post by dyqik » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:00 am

The fault will be that of anyone but momentum, with those closest to them in politics at the top of the list.

Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Post by Bird on a Fire » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:08 am

The exit poll is suggesting Labour with 47% of the vote, and Conservatives down on 33%.

If that vote share can deliver a 86-seat majority to the second-place party, the fault is evidently with FPTP. That's way more disproportionate than the electoral college.
We have the right to a clean, healthy, sustainable environment.

GeenDienst
Dorkwood

Post by GeenDienst » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:11 am

dyqik wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:00 am
The fault will be that of anyone but momentum, with those closest to them in politics at the top of the list.
Indeed. And I expect there will be a renewed push to remove the traitorous centrist MPs, or at least those that can't get other nice jobs in time.

Although I read that the trigger ballots so far haven't being going all that well (although TBF most of the obvious deselectees walked to ChUK/LD before they were pushed.

Tristram Hunt must be pissing himself laughing at his good fortune (especially as his previous once rock solid safe seat is going Tory). See also A Burnham, S Khan.
Last edited by GeenDienst on Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

GeenDienst
Dorkwood

Post by GeenDienst » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:12 am

Bird on a Fire wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:08 am
The exit poll is suggesting Labour with 47% of the vote, and Conservatives down on 33%.

If that vote share can deliver a 86-seat majority to the second-place party, the fault is evidently with FPTP. That's way more disproportionate than the electoral college.
I'm guessing the percentages are transposed there.

But slice it how you like, Labour needed snookers against the party led by probably the most egregious liar in British politics.

Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Post by Bird on a Fire » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:14 am

GeenDienst wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:12 am
Bird on a Fire wrote:

But slice it how you like, Labour needed snookers against the party led by probably the most egregious liar in British politics.
I've seen the same figures on BBC news website and channel 4 news: looks like Labour massively won the popular vote.

discovolante
Stummy Beige

Post by discovolante » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:14 am

Bird on a Fire wrote:

FPTP can do one. Bit of a tricky one to change though :/

discovolante
Stummy Beige

Post by discovolante » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:15 am

Bird on a Fire wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:14 am
GeenDienst wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:12 am
Bird on a Fire wrote:

I've seen the same figures on BBC news website and channel 4 news: looks like Labour massively won the popular vote.
If this is true, I feel even more frustrated with people who didn't bother to vote because they didn't think it would make a difference. But I suppose those people aren't going to be bothered about things like vote share either.

Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Post by Bird on a Fire » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:19 am

If it's true, it suggests that Corbyn doesn't have a popularity problem, per se. The problem would be the geographical distribution of that popularity that's at issue.

discovolante
Stummy Beige

Post by discovolante » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:20 am

Bird on a Fire wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:19 am
If it's true, it suggests that Corbyn doesn't have a popularity problem, per se. The problem would be the geographical distribution of that popularity that's at issue.
See my post immediately above my post ;)

GeenDienst
Dorkwood

Post by GeenDienst » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:24 am

hang on, something odd here. BBC news website says:
The handful of results so far were broadly in line with the exit poll, which was conducted by Ipsos Mori at 144 polling stations, with 22,790 interviews, polling expert Sir John Curtice told BBC News.

Labour's vote is predicted to be nearly 12% down on the 2017 general election, with the Conservatives up 2.5%

Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Post by Bird on a Fire » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:25 am

For sure. I doubt it'll be a priority for Boris.

We could blame the Lib Dem's for f.cking up that referendum in the coalition. That'll help.