COVID/ZOE antibody test

Covid-19 discussion, bring your own statistics
bagpuss
Catbabel

COVID/ZOE antibody test

Post by bagpuss » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:03 am

I had an email yesterday from Covid/ZOE reminding me to submit the results of the antibody test they invited me to take.

I have no recollection* of any such invitation, can't find anything in any email, no way of checking if there was anything via the app. And I've definitely never received any test kit.

Has anyone else had anything of the sort? If you are aware of having been invited, how was that invitation communicated to you?

I'll email them if no-one has any clue but I suspect they get a lot of emails so who knows if/when I'll get a reply.

*But I'm menopausal and have been busy enough the last couple of months that I could very very easily have forgotten something. Although I think I'd have been interested enough to notice and pay attention.

Sciolus
Catbabel

Re: COVID/ZOE antibody test

Post by Sciolus » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:04 am

Phishing? What does the link look like (don't follow it)?

bagpuss
Catbabel

Post by bagpuss » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:21 am

Sciolus wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:04 am
Phishing? What does the link look like (don't follow it)?
My first thought but the email looks entirely genuine. The "from" email address is identical to the one I receive regular update emails from and the style is the same. The link goes to the same website* but different page, as the links in the normal emails.

ETA: My second thought was that they'd accidentally sent it to everyone on their mailing list, but it was sent at lunchtime yesterday so I'd have expected an "oops, sorry" email by now if that was the case.

*appears to be an email list management site specific to joinzoe.

headshot
Catbabel

Post by headshot » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:41 am

Frau HS got invited to take part, received emails and the kit in the post, submitted it and got the results within 48 hours. They're definitely doing the study and their systems seemed to work for t'frau.

bagpuss
Catbabel

Post by bagpuss » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:59 am

headshot wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:41 am
Frau HS got invited to take part, received emails and the kit in the post, submitted it and got the results within 48 hours. They're definitely doing the study and their systems seemed to work for t'frau.

Thank you. So it's definitely a thing, in which case I'll email them and ask.

science_fox
Fuzzable

Post by science_fox » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:36 pm

I remember them inviting me to take one, but I was busy/CBA and didn't respond. Didn't receive a kit, but did have a similar nagging email a few days ago.

Strangely because I've tested pos for covid I got asked if I wanted to take part in AB tests, said yes (what else am I going to do for 10 days), but no kit has arrived - one was expected asap, and then a later one due 3 weeks or so.
I'm not afraid of catching Covid, I'm afraid of catching idiot.

bagpuss
Catbabel

Post by bagpuss » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:37 pm

science_fox wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:36 pm
I remember them inviting me to take one, but I was busy/CBA and didn't respond. Didn't receive a kit, but did have a similar nagging email a few days ago.

Strangely because I've tested pos for covid I got asked if I wanted to take part in AB tests, said yes (what else am I going to do for 10 days), but no kit has arrived - one was expected asap, and then a later one due 3 weeks or so.
Boo, sorry you have covid. Hope you're not feeling too rubbish.

And thanks, presumably I did at some point get invited but maybe the email got sent to Junk or something.

science_fox
Fuzzable

Post by science_fox » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:40 pm

bagpuss wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:37 pm
science_fox wrote:

And thanks, presumably I did at some point get invited but maybe the email got sent to Junk or something.
Thanks - I'm fine, had a cold at worst for a few days and have been forced to sit in the garden reading. Today's my last formal isolation day. I've been very lucky, although being vaccinated I'd have hoped not to have been pos at all.
I'm not afraid of catching Covid, I'm afraid of catching idiot.

bagpuss
Catbabel

Post by bagpuss » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:43 pm

science_fox wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:40 pm
bagpuss wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:37 pm
science_fox wrote:

Thanks - I'm fine, had a cold at worst for a few days and have been forced to sit in the garden reading. Today's my last formal isolation day. I've been very lucky, although being vaccinated I'd have hoped not to have been pos at all.
Not so terrible then, that's good :)

bagpuss
Catbabel

Post by bagpuss » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:26 pm

I've had a fairly generic email today apologising for the technical difficulties I experienced in ordering my antibody test (?!) and asking if I want to join the waitlist to get one, so I have. I assume they had a number of people contacting them who were either in my situation or had had issues ordering their antibody tests so just sent out a general email to all those people.