Re: Coronavirus: a cleaning/disinfecting thread

Post by Brightonian » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:23 pm

sTeamTraen wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:58 pm
Gfamily wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:30 pm
Opti wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:26 pm
Went for a shop in our local town, San Luis de Sabanillas. Got stopped by Guardia Civil, that was fine, all my papers were in order. All the streets were being sprayed with a bleach solution. I mean all. Prolly preparing for first stage of unlockdown here this weekend.
Now we'll see how compliant people are. It's been good so far, but I gotta say, I'm worried about an influx of 'outsiders'. We've been relatively untouched here. Now, we're getting our gates bleached. :o
Can't remember whether this was posted here yesterday ...

Spanish official apologises for spraying beach with bleach
That's the most f.cking stupid thing I ever heard, but spraying streets has to be horrific for the environment too, shirley? And what's the point --- is there evidence that the virus is lying around in huge quantities on pavements and people are licking their floors when they get home?
People do gob on the pavements, others can tread in it, bringing it back inside. Pets then lick the floor and then people.

sTeamTraen
After Pie

Post by sTeamTraen » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:57 pm

Brightonian wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:23 pm
People do gob on the pavements, others can tread in it, bringing it back inside. Pets then lick the floor and then people.
Possibly, but do we think it's very likely that there has been one case of coronavirus transmitted this way? And how much bleach would you need per gob-load of phlegm?
Something something hammer something something nail

TheScientificHippy
Gray Pubic

Post by TheScientificHippy » Fri May 01, 2020 5:35 pm

What is the best way to clean my reusable masks. I am assuming boiling should be enough - is that right?

headshot
Dorkwood

Post by headshot » Fri May 01, 2020 6:23 pm

TheScientificHippy wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 5:35 pm
What is the best way to clean my reusable masks. I am assuming boiling should be enough - is that right?
Detergent and water. Or pin it to your washing line and them time and UV rays do the job.

Holylol
Sindis Poop

Post by Holylol » Fri May 01, 2020 7:26 pm

I've read something in a French newspaper along the lines of:

- put them in the washing machine at 60°C (with towels, ...). Use your normal washing powder(or liquid), but don't add a softener or an additional detergent (apparently to avoid breathing some products that may remain in the fabric).
- if you have a dryer, use it. If not, you can iron them.

TheScientificHippy
Gray Pubic

Post by TheScientificHippy » Fri May 01, 2020 8:54 pm

Great. Thanks. The ironing thing is really useful. Not sure I want bought enough to justify the washing machine each time so will combine boiling water, hand wash with detergent and ironing. Or buy some more.