5G woo

Covid-19 discussion, bring your own statistics
User avatar
Gfamily
After Pie
Posts: 1672
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:00 pm

Re: 5G woo

Post by Gfamily » Sun May 31, 2020 8:27 pm

Martin Y wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 8:20 pm
That rings a bell. There was a vaxx troll back in the old country who also claimed smallpox hadn't been eradicated.

Eventually it turned out he was talking about some other rare condition which isn't actually smallpox. He raised a case of a US soldier who had been vaccinated (against smallpox?) and had somehow consequently infected his son with (whatever this thing was) which caused a very severe skin condition the troll declared was smallpox. Wish I could remember the details.
Might it have been a vaccinia thing?
My avatar was a scientific result that was later found to be 'mistaken' - I rarely claim to be 100% correct
ETA 5/8/20: I've been advised that the result was correct, it was the initial interpretation that needed to be withdrawn
Meta? I'd say so!

User avatar
Martin Y
Dorkwood
Posts: 1250
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:08 pm

Re: 5G woo

Post by Martin Y » Sun May 31, 2020 11:00 pm

Gfamily wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 8:27 pm
Martin Y wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 8:20 pm
That rings a bell. There was a vaxx troll back in the old country who also claimed smallpox hadn't been eradicated.

Eventually it turned out he was talking about some other rare condition which isn't actually smallpox. He raised a case of a US soldier who had been vaccinated (against smallpox?) and had somehow consequently infected his son with (whatever this thing was) which caused a very severe skin condition the troll declared was smallpox. Wish I could remember the details.
Might it have been a vaccinia thing?
Yes! Thanks. That was it: eczema vaccinatum

User avatar
FredM
Stargoon
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:36 pm
Location: Norwich
Contact:

Re: 5G woo

Post by FredM » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:59 am

How to neutralise 5G on your 5G phone. Scalar energy and negative ions are new entries to the 5G BS Bingo list.

User avatar
Martin Y
Dorkwood
Posts: 1250
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:08 pm

Re: 5G woo

Post by Martin Y » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:44 am

FredM wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:59 am
How to neutralise 5G on your 5G phone. Scalar energy and negative ions are new entries to the 5G BS Bingo list.
I made the world infinitesimally less stupid by ticking the box to say the one UK review "This is a scam" is helpful.

User avatar
jimbob
Dorkwood
Posts: 1427
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 pm
Location: High Peak/Manchester

Re: 5G woo

Post by jimbob » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:33 am

Martin Y wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:44 am
FredM wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:59 am
How to neutralise 5G on your 5G phone. Scalar energy and negative ions are new entries to the 5G BS Bingo list.
I made the world infinitesimally less stupid by ticking the box to say the one UK review "This is a scam" is helpful.
Ah, that's where the following comes from.

And what could possibly go wrong from blocking your phone from 4g or 5g radiation? Even if you believed their ideas, I'm struggling what one would have to think what a mobile phone does.
jimbob wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 6:15 pm
I seem to have found one:


https://twitter.com/ParkinJim/status/12 ... 9066874880
Do you understand anything about viruses? There is nothing to do with the radio waves used in telecommunications. Smallpox killed before mobile phones, and was eradicated by vaccination. Polio & measles still kill - especially the unvaccinated.

https://twitter.com/etchmo/status/1267112743292882944
Smallpox was not "eradicated" either. You can still catch this.
Also Polio was not eradicated. They rebranded it, as Non-Polio Acute Flaccid Paralysis.
THEY'RE A BIGGER JOKE THAN YOU.
I admit that I later got my maths wrong (writing that 350ueV was a millionth not a 10-thousandth of ~ 3eV), but still.

But still this is a corker:
Etch Radioactive sign
@etchmo
Replying to
@ParkinJim

@BassHeavy3
and 10 others
Ahhh... Another halfwit, only talking about ionisation or mutations, as if it's radioactive.
Ignoring the fact that radio waves disrupt the entire ionosphere and also ignoring all of scalar physics and quantum field theory - relative to humans, creatures and wildlife.
6:54 PM · May 31, 2020·Twitter for Android
I am actually struggling to parse what that means. I do find it amusing that their twitter bio talks about "respect"
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

User avatar
shpalman
After Pie
Posts: 1804
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:53 pm
Location: One step beyond

Re: 5G woo

Post by shpalman » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:46 am

jimbob wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:33 am
Martin Y wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:44 am
FredM wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:59 am
How to neutralise 5G on your 5G phone. Scalar energy and negative ions are new entries to the 5G BS Bingo list.
I made the world infinitesimally less stupid by ticking the box to say the one UK review "This is a scam" is helpful.
Ah, that's where the following comes from.

And what could possibly go wrong from blocking your phone from 4g or 5g radiation?
Nothing, it would fall back to the 3g protocol. I'd rather they just left it in airplane mode the whole time, the internet would be a better place without them.
molto tricky

User avatar
shpalman
After Pie
Posts: 1804
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:53 pm
Location: One step beyond

Re: 5G woo

Post by shpalman » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:50 am

I think scalar physics is some pseudoscientific generalization of electromagnetism (the electromagnetic interaction is a spin-1 field, i.e. the force can be attractive or repulsive, light can have different polarizations, etc.; the Higgs field is scalar) in that you might be able to write the equations but they don't match any experimental behaviour.
molto tricky

User avatar
jimbob
Dorkwood
Posts: 1427
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 pm
Location: High Peak/Manchester

Re: 5G woo

Post by jimbob » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:07 pm

shpalman wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:50 am
I think scalar physics is some pseudoscientific generalization of electromagnetism (the electromagnetic interaction is a spin-1 field, i.e. the force can be attractive or repulsive, light can have different polarizations, etc.; the Higgs field is scalar) in that you might be able to write the equations but they don't match any experimental behaviour.
I suspect you are overthinking it.

"Scalar physics and quantum field theory" sounds like "big long words to shut up someone who is going to be impressed with my scientific knowledge, because I can string these words together so they look as though they mean something"

The thread has gone downhill from there. I'm wondering whether it is worth replying - as the idiot having the last word isn't necessarily a good idea.
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

User avatar
jimbob
Dorkwood
Posts: 1427
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 pm
Location: High Peak/Manchester

Re: 5G woo

Post by jimbob » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:09 pm

FredM wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:59 am
How to neutralise 5G on your 5G phone. Scalar energy and negative ions are new entries to the 5G BS Bingo list.
That Twitter thread is like a flypaper for rightwing conspiracy theorists. Urgh.
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

User avatar
FredM
Stargoon
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:36 pm
Location: Norwich
Contact:

Re: 5G woo

Post by FredM » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:06 pm

For those of you still wondering about scalar energy, its “discoverer”, Tom Paladino, elucidates: “Scalar Energy is a double helix that originates from the sun and the stars of the universe. Scalar Energy is also known as prana, chi, radiant energy, zero point energy, qi, organ, eloptic energy. “ It’s a term fairly popular among alt-med scammers.

User avatar
jimbob
Dorkwood
Posts: 1427
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 pm
Location: High Peak/Manchester

Re: 5G woo

Post by jimbob » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:21 pm

FredM wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:06 pm
For those of you still wondering about scalar energy, its “discoverer”, Tom Paladino, elucidates: “Scalar Energy is a double helix that originates from the sun and the stars of the universe. Scalar Energy is also known as prana, chi, radiant energy, zero point energy, qi, organ, eloptic energy. “ It’s a term fairly popular among alt-med scammers.
Thanks, I hope your IQ has recovered from typing that.
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

User avatar
Opti
Snowbonk
Posts: 478
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:21 pm
Location: Nearly got a proper home.

Re: 5G woo

Post by Opti » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:09 pm

For those who don't know me on FB.
101686305_10217132621692197_5474067347830472704_n.jpg
101686305_10217132621692197_5474067347830472704_n.jpg (69.98 KiB) Viewed 772 times
He cannot be killed by conventional weapons. True. He and Mrs Opti are wicked cool.

plebian
Stargoon
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:45 pm

Re: 5G woo

Post by plebian » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:47 pm

Ooo it's like "Delete System32 to fix the problem" bit in real life!
Pithy, well, a right helmet at least.

User avatar
Martin_B
Snowbonk
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:20 pm
Location: Perth, WA

Re: 5G woo

Post by Martin_B » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:44 am

Opti wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:09 pm
For those who don't know me on FB.

101686305_10217132621692197_5474067347830472704_n.jpg
I hope you don't mind if I nick that
"Don't tell me that the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon"

User avatar
FredM
Stargoon
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:36 pm
Location: Norwich
Contact:

Re: 5G woo

Post by FredM » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:05 am

jimbob wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:21 pm
FredM wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:06 pm
For those of you still wondering about scalar energy, its “discoverer”, Tom Paladino, elucidates: “Scalar Energy is a double helix that originates from the sun and the stars of the universe. Scalar Energy is also known as prana, chi, radiant energy, zero point energy, qi, organ, eloptic energy. “ It’s a term fairly popular among alt-med scammers.
Thanks, I hope your IQ has recovered from typing that.
Thanks, it has, not sure about my eloptic energy tho’.

bmforre
Fuzzable
Posts: 303
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:15 pm
Location: Trondheim

Re: 5G woo

Post by bmforre » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:33 am

FredM wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:06 pm
For those of you still wondering about scalar energy, its “discoverer”, Tom Paladino, elucidates: “Scalar Energy is a double helix that originates from the sun and the stars of the universe. Scalar Energy is also known as prana, chi, radiant energy, zero point energy, qi, organ, eloptic energy. “ It’s a term fairly popular among alt-med scammers.
Wouldn't Tensorial Energy allow more spacious dimensionality?

User avatar
Gfamily
After Pie
Posts: 1672
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:00 pm

Re: 5G woo

Post by Gfamily » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:53 am

bmforre wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:33 am
FredM wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:06 pm
For those of you still wondering about scalar energy, its “discoverer”, Tom Paladino, elucidates: “Scalar Energy is a double helix that originates from the sun and the stars of the universe. Scalar Energy is also known as prana, chi, radiant energy, zero point energy, qi, organ, eloptic energy. “ It’s a term fairly popular among alt-med scammers.
Wouldn't Tensorial Energy allow more spacious dimensionality?
That would just be more stressful.
My avatar was a scientific result that was later found to be 'mistaken' - I rarely claim to be 100% correct
ETA 5/8/20: I've been advised that the result was correct, it was the initial interpretation that needed to be withdrawn
Meta? I'd say so!

User avatar
Martin_B
Snowbonk
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:20 pm
Location: Perth, WA

Re: 5G woo

Post by Martin_B » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:07 am

bmforre wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:33 am
FredM wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:06 pm
For those of you still wondering about scalar energy, its “discoverer”, Tom Paladino, elucidates: “Scalar Energy is a double helix that originates from the sun and the stars of the universe. Scalar Energy is also known as prana, chi, radiant energy, zero point energy, qi, organ, eloptic energy. “ It’s a term fairly popular among alt-med scammers.
Wouldn't Tensorial Energy allow more spacious dimensionality?
That's stating it baldy.

(Oh, sorry, Tensorial)
"Don't tell me that the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon"

User avatar
Fishnut
Snowbonk
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:15 pm

Re: 5G woo

Post by Fishnut » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:23 am

They're upgrading the street lights around here to more efficient LED ones. We spotted them messing around with a light on our way back from walking the dogs so were nosy and asked. Apparently a lot of people have been thinking they're upgrading them for 5G (I think in the sense of making them 5G towers).

User avatar
Mostly Harmless
Gray Pubic
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:09 am

Re: 5G woo

Post by Mostly Harmless » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:32 am

Martin_B wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:07 am
bmforre wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:33 am
FredM wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:06 pm
For those of you still wondering about scalar energy, its “discoverer”, Tom Paladino, elucidates: “Scalar Energy is a double helix that originates from the sun and the stars of the universe. Scalar Energy is also known as prana, chi, radiant energy, zero point energy, qi, organ, eloptic energy. “ It’s a term fairly popular among alt-med scammers.
Wouldn't Tensorial Energy allow more spacious dimensionality?
That's stating it baldy.

(Oh, sorry, Tensorial)
I miss Monk.
BCU-Ad.WWSR (FSC)
'They need to be stamped on at the appropriate moment. There's a fascist streak in every society.'
'It's a shame we don't have old fashioned knicker elastic in our pants any more.'

User avatar
Martin Y
Dorkwood
Posts: 1250
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:08 pm

Re: 5G woo

Post by Martin Y » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:04 am

Fishnut wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:23 am
They're upgrading the street lights around here to more efficient LED ones. We spotted them messing around with a light on our way back from walking the dogs so were nosy and asked. Apparently a lot of people have been thinking they're upgrading them for 5G (I think in the sense of making them 5G towers).
They did ours a couple of years ago and the evil 5G hasn't wiped us out just yet. They seem to be hugely more efficient though (if one rates efficiency by their not wasting any energy on producing a useful amount of light). They do cast a patch of light below them, but it's so constrained that our houses, barely more than 10m away, are in pretty much pitch dark. I guess that is actually considered to be a design win, but that combined with most streetlights switching off at midnight makes the blunder home post-pub a very different experience.

User avatar
Gfamily
After Pie
Posts: 1672
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:00 pm

Re: 5G woo

Post by Gfamily » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:12 am

Martin Y wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:04 am
Fishnut wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:23 am
They're upgrading the street lights around here to more efficient LED ones. We spotted them messing around with a light on our way back from walking the dogs so were nosy and asked. Apparently a lot of people have been thinking they're upgrading them for 5G (I think in the sense of making them 5G towers).
They did ours a couple of years ago and the evil 5G hasn't wiped us out just yet. They seem to be hugely more efficient though (if one rates efficiency by their not wasting any energy on producing a useful amount of light). They do cast a patch of light below them, but it's so constrained that our houses, barely more than 10m away, are in pretty much pitch dark. I guess that is actually considered to be a design win, but that combined with most streetlights switching off at midnight makes the blunder home post-pub a very different experience.
I'm not too sure about relative efficiency. The numbers suggest that the traditional Low Pressure Sodium lights (the orange ones) are just as efficient as the best LEDs (and better than some). However, the design of the traditional light holder is not so good as light is wasted going sideways rather than directing it for use by road users and pedestrians.
My avatar was a scientific result that was later found to be 'mistaken' - I rarely claim to be 100% correct
ETA 5/8/20: I've been advised that the result was correct, it was the initial interpretation that needed to be withdrawn
Meta? I'd say so!

Lew Dolby
Clardic Fug
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:59 pm
Location: Shropshire - Welsh Borders

Re: 5G woo

Post by Lew Dolby » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:45 am

Martin Y wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:04 am
They seem to be hugely more efficient though (if one rates efficiency by their not wasting any energy on producing a useful amount of light). They do cast a patch of light below them, but it's so constrained that our houses, barely more than 10m away, are in pretty much pitch dark. I guess that is actually considered to be a design win, but that combined with most streetlights switching off at midnight makes the blunder home post-pub a very different experience.
Might as well bring back gas-lamps. Those of us old enough will remember evenings of small pools of feeble light and a hundred metres (prob yards back then) pitch black to the next lamp. /nostalgia/
If you bring you kids up to think for themselves, you can't complain when they do

User avatar
jimbob
Dorkwood
Posts: 1427
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 pm
Location: High Peak/Manchester

Re: 5G woo

Post by jimbob » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:46 pm

Gfamily wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:12 am
Martin Y wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:04 am
Fishnut wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:23 am
They're upgrading the street lights around here to more efficient LED ones. We spotted them messing around with a light on our way back from walking the dogs so were nosy and asked. Apparently a lot of people have been thinking they're upgrading them for 5G (I think in the sense of making them 5G towers).
They did ours a couple of years ago and the evil 5G hasn't wiped us out just yet. They seem to be hugely more efficient though (if one rates efficiency by their not wasting any energy on producing a useful amount of light). They do cast a patch of light below them, but it's so constrained that our houses, barely more than 10m away, are in pretty much pitch dark. I guess that is actually considered to be a design win, but that combined with most streetlights switching off at midnight makes the blunder home post-pub a very different experience.
I'm not too sure about relative efficiency. The numbers suggest that the traditional Low Pressure Sodium lights (the orange ones) are just as efficient as the best LEDs (and better than some). However, the design of the traditional light holder is not so good as light is wasted going sideways rather than directing it for use by road users and pedestrians.
I find my depth perception is affected by monochrome light.
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

Post Reply