Modern Piracy?

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
Pucksoppet
Snowbonk

Modern Piracy?

Post by Pucksoppet » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:08 am

Last edited by Stephanie on Thu May 14, 2020 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from Weighty Matters

EACLucifer
Stummy Beige

Re: Modern Piracy?

Post by EACLucifer » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:35 am

Though I've not had a chance to dig through sources and check it out properly*, I'm seeing discussion in the states around the use of the Patriots** team jet to bring in masks from China for the state of Massachusetts that mentions previous attempts to procure masks for the state were being stopped by federal authorities. Couple that wish the idiot boy prince Kushner's comments about the federal stockpile not being for the states and Trump's previous comments about not calling governors if they aren't nice to him, and reports that Florida is getting what it asks for while New York isn't, and it doesn't paint a pretty picture.

I realise this is sounding pretty out there, and would love the input of those more up to speed on what's going on over there, because it's looking kinda "Stalin's attitude to Ukraine" levels of awful

*Treat as a rumour, in other words

**I gather they play some form of sport with an oddly shaped ball.

Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Re: Modern Piracy?

Post by Bird on a Fire » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:49 am

It's certainly morally repugnant. I'm not sure it's exactly piracy as they do seem to be paying for stuff rather than just snatching it. This is the usual American exceptionalism, enabled by a President who actively enjoys bullying and views cooperation as weakness.
We have the right to a clean, healthy, sustainable environment.