Re: Impact on Universities

Post by shpalman » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:47 pm

molto tricky

shpalman
Light of Blast

Post by shpalman » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:52 pm

Awaiting a tsunami of covid

Green Passes are mandatory for anyone who wants to come into a university building here but I really wonder who is going to check the students.
molto tricky

Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Post by Bird on a Fire » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:35 am

Just to add an international anecdatum, my uni in Portugal is going back "to normal", as they put it, but "will continue to respect the issued recommendations, in particular the mandatory use of masks, good hygiene practices, ventilation of spaces, physical distance and respect for the entry and exit circuits."

So not that normal, really. I think it's 1 m between all students and mandatory ventilation of teaching spaces, but I've done all my credits now so won't be going to campus anyway.
He has the grace of a swan, the wisdom of an owl, and the eye of an eagle—ladies and gentlemen, this man is for the birds!

warumich
Clardic Fug

Post by warumich » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:12 pm

Fucken teaching starting next week and I've already got two colleagues off sick with Covid. We're not going to last into October.
I've never had a signature, and it never did me any harm

snoozeofreason
Fuzzable

Post by snoozeofreason » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:25 pm

Scene: A computer lab in the UK

Student: I'm sorry I missed the lecture on Monday, I had a fever.

Me: Have you got yourself tested

Student: No, I don't need to because I've been double-jabbed.

Me: ̶I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶d̶o̶u̶b̶l̶e̶-̶j̶a̶b̶b̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶e̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶y̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶e̶k̶,̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶p̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶N̶O̶T̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶e̶v̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶G̶e̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶t̶e̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶i̶d̶i̶o̶t̶! I think you should go and get yourself tested. Free lateral flow tests are available on campus, and from most pharmacies.
In six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them. The human body was knocked up pretty late on the Friday afternoon, with a deadline looming. How well do you expect it to work?