International travel

Covid-19 discussion, bring your own statistics
Opti
Catbabel

Re: International travel

Post by Opti » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:33 pm

Could Covid testing when returning to the UK be the new PPI scandal? I know several people who popped back to the UK for a couple of days on business but still had to purchase the day 2 test but weren't there long enough to either do it or get results.
Time for a big fat one.

WFJ
Clardic Fug

Post by WFJ » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:19 am

Opti wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:33 pm
Could Covid testing when returning to the UK be the new PPI scandal? I know several people who popped back to the UK for a couple of days on business but still had to purchase the day 2 test but weren't there long enough to either do it or get results.
The day two test had to be done within two days of landing, not on day two, and had to be done even if you left the same day as you landed. The point of this test was to monitor how much and what variants of the virus were coming in to the country.

The day eight test was the one you could skip if you left. This was a test to check you were clear to leave quarantine. It was a con that you had to purchase this even if you knew you were going to leave, but I guess there was no guarantee you would leave. I would be surprised if that was classed as mis-selling.

Gfamily
Stummy Beige

Post by Gfamily » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:56 am

WFJ wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:19 am
The day two test had to be done within two days of landing, not on day two, and had to be done even if you left the same day as you landed. The point of this test was to monitor how much and what variants of the virus were coming in to the country.
Apparently not.
gov UK website wrote: If you will be in England for less than 2 days you still need to book and pay for a day 2 COVID-19 test. You only need to take the test if you are still in England on day 2.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-e ... s-covid-19
My avatar was a scientific result that was later found to be 'mistaken' - I rarely claim to be 100% correct
ETA 5/8/20: I've been advised that the result was correct, it was the initial interpretation that needed to be withdrawn
Meta? I'd say so!

WFJ
Clardic Fug

Post by WFJ » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:56 am

OK sorry I should have checked. That was the rule when I visited the UK for a few days in April. I guess it has changed now.

ZiporaTilda
Pop Chop

Post by ZiporaTilda » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:41 pm

A lot has changed due to the current situations but things will be okay hopefully

Trinucleus
Snowbonk

Post by Trinucleus » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:34 pm