International travel

Covid-19 discussion, bring your own statistics
sTeamTraen
After Pie

Re: International travel

Post by sTeamTraen » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:50 pm

OffTheRock wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:41 pm
Although tbf this isn’t helped by a number of people not realising the Channel Islands are not part of the U.K. and have a different government.
"Yebbut they're still English, right?" :roll:
Something something hammer something something nail

Hunting Dog
Clardic Fug

Post by Hunting Dog » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:43 pm

UK Newspapers seem to be having another round of articles acting as though having one or two cheap holidays abroad each year is a human right, and it would therefore be 'discriminatory' to make people pay a lot for Covid tests.

I'm getting frustrated that no one seems to be taking the opportunity to question whether having people able to pay £20 for an overseas flight for a stag night etc. was ever really that good an idea for the planet or the destination and whether it might be better not to support a return to the previous 'normal'.

Herainestold
Catbabel

Post by Herainestold » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:47 pm

Hunting Dog wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:43 pm
UK Newspapers seem to be having another round of articles acting as though having one or two cheap holidays abroad each year is a human right, and it would therefore be 'discriminatory' to make people pay a lot for Covid tests.

I'm getting frustrated that no one seems to be taking the opportunity to question whether having people able to pay £20 for an overseas flight for a stag night etc. was ever really that good an idea for the planet or the destination and whether it might be better not to support a return to the previous 'normal'.
International travel as we thought of it pre-pandemic, is dead. It is probably better for the planet anyway.

bolo
Catbabel

Post by bolo » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:33 pm

Like the Python parrot, it's not dead, it's only resting.

Herainestold
Catbabel

Post by Herainestold » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:06 pm

bolo wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:33 pm
Like the Python parrot, it's not dead, it's only resting.
Well, maybe. Time will tell. I'd like to travel as much as anyone but I am not making any plans.
In fact,I am not even hoping for it much anymore.

A friend said she was going to get the vaccine because she wanted to travel.

I said I got it because I wanred to stay alive.