COVID-19 conspiracy motherlode

Covid-19 discussion, bring your own statistics
User avatar
shpalman
Stummy Beige
Posts: 3016
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:53 pm
Location: One step beyond

Re: COVID-19 conspiracy motherlode

Post by shpalman » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:00 pm

sTeamTraen wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:52 pm
Apparently. wearers of cappelli di carta stagnola have been circulating top-secret circuit diagrams of the 5G tracking chip that the vaccine deposits in your branes. Pleasingly, it is very similar to the design of a guitar effects pedal. <rockfingersemoji.gif>

(For shpalman: Is there a shorter Italian term for wearers of tinfoil (or any other kind of) hats, as opposed to the hats themselves?)
This came up already but I haven't actually seen it on Italian Facebook or Twitter but instead someone suggests that its fake news and Italian complottisti aren't actually circulating this particular piece of nonsense.
molto tricky

User avatar
shpalman
Stummy Beige
Posts: 3016
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:53 pm
Location: One step beyond

Re: COVID-19 conspiracy motherlode

Post by shpalman » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:43 pm

shpalman wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:00 pm
sTeamTraen wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:52 pm
Apparently. wearers of cappelli di carta stagnola have been circulating top-secret circuit diagrams of the 5G tracking chip that the vaccine deposits in your branes. Pleasingly, it is very similar to the design of a guitar effects pedal. <rockfingersemoji.gif>

(For shpalman: Is there a shorter Italian term for wearers of tinfoil (or any other kind of) hats, as opposed to the hats themselves?)
This came up already but I haven't actually seen it on Italian Facebook or Twitter but instead someone suggests that its fake news and Italian complottisti aren't actually circulating this particular piece of nonsense.
https://gizmodo.com/viral-5g-conspiracy ... 1845990224
molto tricky

User avatar
jimbob
After Pie
Posts: 2067
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 pm
Location: High Peak/Manchester

Re: COVID-19 conspiracy motherlode

Post by jimbob » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:33 pm

Thread by a Bristol Post reporter on a court case where the judge reads a report by doctors struggling with the virus, and the


https://twitter.com/ConorGogarty/status ... 68392?s=20

I witnessed a really powerful moment today in court. A judge read the harrowing words of a junior doctor to a man who had been on a mass protest against lockdown.
Conor Gogarty
@ConorGogarty
·
20h
The truly brilliant District Judge Lynne Matthews was addressing a 53-year-old man who had marched against lockdown with 400 other Covid sceptics in Bristol.
Conor Gogarty
@ConorGogarty
·
20h
Judge Matthews started the hearing by reading out an article she’d seen in the Times during her lunch break. It was written by a doctor on a high dependency ward. Here is some of what the judge read:
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bris ... rs-4866143
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

User avatar
headshot
Snowbonk
Posts: 432
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:40 am

Re: COVID-19 conspiracy motherlode

Post by headshot » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:48 pm

Someone’s pushing these through the doors in my area:
Attachments
F928D574-FBF9-4B49-AF4C-D7E8492C4802.jpeg
F928D574-FBF9-4B49-AF4C-D7E8492C4802.jpeg (120.66 KiB) Viewed 177 times
B36BAC70-A6FC-4730-92F6-C93907504ADE.jpeg
B36BAC70-A6FC-4730-92F6-C93907504ADE.jpeg (103.78 KiB) Viewed 177 times

User avatar
Fishnut
Catbabel
Posts: 778
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:15 pm
Location: UK

Re: COVID-19 conspiracy motherlode

Post by Fishnut » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:56 pm

headshot wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:48 pm
Someone’s pushing these through the doors in my area:
Oh ffs. I saw that these were going around. Is there anything that can be done to stop them, other than telling people they're dangerous bollocks?

User avatar
Matatouille
Fuzzable
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:26 pm
Location: UK

Re: COVID-19 conspiracy motherlode

Post by Matatouille » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:27 am

headshot wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:48 pm
Someone’s pushing these through the doors in my area:
Day before yesterday we had someone stop us on our walk and ask "Excuse me, do you know that lockdowns don't work?". He went on to all the Barrington talking points. I was so surprised I did a sh.t job of marshalling coherent counterpoints to discuss with him, and my wife was just getting angry (student nurse on A&E placement at the moment so knows acutely the harm of this BS) and similarly couldn't organise thoughts quickly enough. For the last couple of days we've both been kicking ourselves as to how we should have responded, so at least I hope we'll be more prepared next time some Barrington's Witness ambushes us. The one plus is that this chap's tone was massively patronising, so I'm optimistic that he wasn't persuading many folks.

User avatar
shpalman
Stummy Beige
Posts: 3016
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:53 pm
Location: One step beyond

Re: COVID-19 conspiracy motherlode

Post by shpalman » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:52 pm

Steiner b.llsh.t
... some people who fall severely ill with Covid-19 can find themselves taken to hospitals where they are treated, under sedation and without a formalised opt-in procedure, with ginger-soaked chest compresses and homeopathic pellets containing highly diluted particles of iron supposedly harvested from shooting stars that have landed on earth.
molto tricky

User avatar
jimbob
After Pie
Posts: 2067
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 pm
Location: High Peak/Manchester

Re: COVID-19 conspiracy motherlode

Post by jimbob » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:57 pm

Cross posted from the Trump social media thread:


https://twitter.com/FishGirls23/status/ ... 3869198337
FishGirls23 Blue heart Flag of United Kingdom Flag of European Union #3.5%
@FishGirls23
Hilarious stuff. Mind boggling to say the least. I wonder if he manged to open the door to Parler or if he is sat on the doorstep. These Trumpians are a menace...
Image
and beyond that:

https://twitter.com/KayeMac04/status/13 ... 9038557185
Kaye Mac 🌻🐝🐞🦋💙
@KayeMac04
Replying to
@FishGirls23
His latest tweets:

Image
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

User avatar
jimbob
After Pie
Posts: 2067
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 pm
Location: High Peak/Manchester

Re: COVID-19 conspiracy motherlode

Post by jimbob » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:07 pm

Matatouille wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:27 am
headshot wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:48 pm
Someone’s pushing these through the doors in my area:
Day before yesterday we had someone stop us on our walk and ask "Excuse me, do you know that lockdowns don't work?". He went on to all the Barrington talking points. I was so surprised I did a sh.t job of marshalling coherent counterpoints to discuss with him, and my wife was just getting angry (student nurse on A&E placement at the moment so knows acutely the harm of this BS) and similarly couldn't organise thoughts quickly enough. For the last couple of days we've both been kicking ourselves as to how we should have responded, so at least I hope we'll be more prepared next time some Barrington's Witness ambushes us. The one plus is that this chap's tone was massively patronising, so I'm optimistic that he wasn't persuading many folks.
The thing I always ask on social media about the GBD is whether this is the same Great Barringdon Declaration that before they hid their signatures had 7 Drs Harrold Shipman, and the Prof Ita Role (a puddings expert) that I saw.

The AIER paper claiming lockdowns don't work is amazingly bad:

https://t.co/kd430tqtYj?amp=1

Image

And my ECDC data for India, which is a fairly significant state, and the first I checked when reading the claims of their paper:

Image
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

Post Reply