COVID-19 in the United States

Covid-19 discussion, bring your own statistics
Post Reply
User avatar
jimbob
Stummy Beige
Posts: 2892
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 pm
Location: High Peak/Manchester

Re: COVID-19 in the United States

Post by jimbob » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:20 pm

shpalman wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:58 pm
I'd be more freudey if he were actually ill enough to be suffering.
yup
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

User avatar
dyqik
Light of Blast
Posts: 4319
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:19 pm
Location: Masshole
Contact:

Re: COVID-19 in the United States

Post by dyqik » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:52 am

jimbob wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:20 pm
shpalman wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:58 pm
I'd be more freudey if he were actually ill enough to be suffering.
yup
One can hope.

Millennie Al
Dorkwood
Posts: 1002
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:02 am

Re: COVID-19 in the United States

Post by Millennie Al » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:59 am

shpalman wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:43 pm
Does Regeneron actually work?
Yes: https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2021-06-16-re ... ces-deaths but only in sick people. It is very unlikely to do him any good, since he's asymptomatic and vaccinated, so highly unlikely to get seriously ill anyway.
Covid-19 - Don't catch it: don't spread it.

User avatar
shpalman
Light of Blast
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:53 pm
Location: One step beyond

Re: COVID-19 in the United States

Post by shpalman » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:34 am

dyqik wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:52 am
jimbob wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:20 pm
shpalman wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:58 pm
I'd be more freudey if he were actually ill enough to be suffering.
yup
One can hope.
Well, Raymond Leo Cardinal Burke is in serious condition and has been sedated since annoucing he'd tested positive just over a week ago:
Raymond Burke wrote:Then, there is the mysterious Wuhan virus about whose nature and prevention the mass media daily give us conflicting information. What is clear, however, is that it has been used by certain forces, inimical to families and to the freedom of states, to advance their evil agenda. These forces tell us that we are now the subjects of the so-called “Great Reset”, the “New Normal”, which is dictated to us by their manipulation of citizens and nations through ignorance and fear. Now, we are supposed to find in a disease and its prevention the way to understand and direct our lives, rather than in God and in His plan for our salvation. The response of many Bishops and priests, and of many faithful has manifested a woeful lack of sound catechesis. So many in the Church seem to have no understanding of how Christ continues His saving work in times of plague and of other disasters.
So many in the Church know f.ck all about basic biology or indeed about anything, you bigoted old c.nt, but at least the Pope has spoken out in favour of everyone getting vaccinated.
molto tricky

User avatar
shpalman
Light of Blast
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:53 pm
Location: One step beyond

Re: COVID-19 in the United States

Post by shpalman » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:40 am

molto tricky

User avatar
dyqik
Light of Blast
Posts: 4319
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:19 pm
Location: Masshole
Contact:

Re: COVID-19 in the United States

Post by dyqik » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:36 pm

And three more US Senators have it now. One R, One D, One I (i.e. D).

User avatar
shpalman
Light of Blast
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:53 pm
Location: One step beyond

Re: COVID-19 in the United States

Post by shpalman » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:11 pm

US officials thought their British counterparts “were out of their minds” in aiming for herd immunity
Guardian is talking about some book or other
molto tricky

User avatar
shpalman
Light of Blast
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:53 pm
Location: One step beyond

Re: COVID-19 in the United States

Post by shpalman » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:26 pm

molto tricky


User avatar
shpalman
Light of Blast
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:53 pm
Location: One step beyond

Re: COVID-19 in the United States

Post by shpalman » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:27 pm

molto tricky

User avatar
Woodchopper
Stummy Beige
Posts: 4118
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:05 am

Re: COVID-19 in the United States

Post by Woodchopper » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:12 am


The Mississippi Poison Control Center has received an increasing number of calls from individuals with potential ivermectin exposure taken to treat or prevent COVID-19 infection.
• At least 70% of the recent calls have been related to ingestion of livestock or animal formulations of ivermectin purchased at livestock supply centers.
• 85% of the callers had mild symptoms, but one individual was instructed to seek further evaluation due to the amount of ivermectin reportedly ingested.
• No hospitalizations due to ivermectin toxicity have been directly reported to the Mississippi Poison Control Center or the Mississippi State Department of Health.
https://msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/_static/re ... /15400.pdf

User avatar
shpalman
Light of Blast
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:53 pm
Location: One step beyond

Re: COVID-19 in the United States

Post by shpalman » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:38 am

shpalman wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:34 am
dyqik wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:52 am
jimbob wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:20 pm


yup
One can hope.
Well, Raymond Leo Cardinal Burke is in serious condition and has been sedated since annoucing he'd tested positive just over a week ago
prayers medical science worked
molto tricky

User avatar
Woodchopper
Stummy Beige
Posts: 4118
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:05 am

Re: COVID-19 in the United States

Post by Woodchopper » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:04 am


Donald Trump Booed at Alabama Rally After Encouraging Crowd to Get COVID-19 Vaccine
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-b ... ne-1621811

User avatar
Woodchopper
Stummy Beige
Posts: 4118
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:05 am

Re: COVID-19 in the United States

Post by Woodchopper » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:06 am

Woodchopper wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:12 am

The Mississippi Poison Control Center has received an increasing number of calls from individuals with potential ivermectin exposure taken to treat or prevent COVID-19 infection.
• At least 70% of the recent calls have been related to ingestion of livestock or animal formulations of ivermectin purchased at livestock supply centers.
• 85% of the callers had mild symptoms, but one individual was instructed to seek further evaluation due to the amount of ivermectin reportedly ingested.
• No hospitalizations due to ivermectin toxicity have been directly reported to the Mississippi Poison Control Center or the Mississippi State Department of Health.
https://msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/_static/re ... /15400.pdf
FDA advice:

Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer- ... t-covid-19

User avatar
Bird on a Fire
Princess POW
Posts: 7167
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:05 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: COVID-19 in the United States

Post by Bird on a Fire » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:00 pm

Woodchopper wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:04 am

Donald Trump Booed at Alabama Rally After Encouraging Crowd to Get COVID-19 Vaccine
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-b ... ne-1621811
It seems like the GOP is fast losing control of its own base, having deliberately handed the reigns to unknown actors via privately-owned black-box algorithms.

It'll be interesting to see if they're willing and able to try to regain the ability to manipulate their supporters before somebody else figures out how best to weaponise the new status quo.

I also wonder what happens in a two party state if one party's supporters are 100% divorced from reality and even the party they identify with can't reach them. Fun times ahead for the right, in a "leopards ate my face" kind of way.
He has the grace of a swan, the wisdom of an owl, and the eye of an eagle—ladies and gentlemen, this man is for the birds!

Pishwish
Sindis Poop
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:43 pm

Re: COVID-19 in the United States

Post by Pishwish » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:20 pm

The overcrowding of ICUs in Florida has led to an oxygen shortage, which is affecting water supply (treatment facilities use ozone) and even rocket launches.

I'm not sure why Florida is only showing terrible figures now. Given its older population and anti-lockdown anti-mask policies, I've never understood why it wasn't among the top 10 states for per capita death rates.

Herainestold
Dorkwood
Posts: 1347
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:23 pm

Re: COVID-19 in the United States

Post by Herainestold » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:53 pm

Pishwish wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:20 pm
The overcrowding of ICUs in Florida has led to an oxygen shortage, which is affecting water supply (treatment facilities use ozone) and even rocket launches.

I'm not sure why Florida is only showing terrible figures now. Given its older population and anti-lockdown anti-mask policies, I've never understood why it wasn't among the top 10 states for per capita death rates.
Its not even in the top 20. Makes you think something else is going on.
Vaccination saves lives. Lockdowns stop transmission.We need both to end this pandemic.

Chris Preston
Fuzzable
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:05 am

Re: COVID-19 in the United States

Post by Chris Preston » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:20 am

Anti-’Covid tyranny’ campaigner in hospital with virus

It is sad that people are willing to die this way, just to prove their political loyalty.
Here grows much rhubarb.

Herainestold
Dorkwood
Posts: 1347
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:23 pm

Re: COVID-19 in the United States

Post by Herainestold » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:38 pm

Chris Preston wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:20 am
Anti-’Covid tyranny’ campaigner in hospital with virus

It is sad that people are willing to die this way, just to prove their political loyalty.
Jessica Wallace told the Standard-Times that when her husband first experienced symptoms on 26 July, he declined to get tested or see a doctor. He started to use Vitamin C, zinc, aspirin, and ivermectin – an anti-parasitic drug falsely described in some conservative media outlets as a good treatment for Covid-19.
Vaccination saves lives. Lockdowns stop transmission.We need both to end this pandemic.

User avatar
Martin_B
Dorkwood
Posts: 1083
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:20 pm
Location: Perth, WA

Re: COVID-19 in the United States

Post by Martin_B » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:26 am

Herainestold wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:38 pm
Chris Preston wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:20 am
Anti-’Covid tyranny’ campaigner in hospital with virus

It is sad that people are willing to die this way, just to prove their political loyalty.
Jessica Wallace told the Standard-Times that when her husband first experienced symptoms on 26 July, he declined to get tested or see a doctor. He started to use Vitamin C, zinc, aspirin, and ivermectin – an anti-parasitic drug falsely described in some conservative media outlets as a good treatment for Covid-19.
Does anyone know if the Darwin Awards are still taking nominations?
"My interest is in the future, because I'm going to spend the rest of my life there"

bmforre
Snowbonk
Posts: 496
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:15 pm
Location: Trondheim

Re: COVID-19 in the United States

Post by bmforre » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:25 pm

Martin_B wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:26 am
Does anyone know if the Darwin Awards are still taking nominations?
Or is it time to recognize the Confederate States' Kamikaze campaign?

User avatar
shpalman
Light of Blast
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:53 pm
Location: One step beyond

Re: COVID-19 in the United States

Post by shpalman » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:50 pm

molto tricky

User avatar
shpalman
Light of Blast
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:53 pm
Location: One step beyond

Re: COVID-19 in the United States

Post by shpalman » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:03 pm

molto tricky


Herainestold
Dorkwood
Posts: 1347
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:23 pm

Re: COVID-19 in the United States

Post by Herainestold » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:05 am

The news from America just gets worse every day. Cases keep on rising with no end in sight. I wonder if the Delta variant in the US is significantly worse than over here. More deadly to the infected and more prevalent in young people and children. Scary stuff.
Vaccination saves lives. Lockdowns stop transmission.We need both to end this pandemic.

Post Reply