Stummy Beige

Van Morrison: c.nt

Post by El Pollo Diablo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:47 am

If truth is many-sided, mendacity is many-tongued

El Pollo Diablo
Stummy Beige

Re: Van Morrison: c.nt

Post by El Pollo Diablo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:23 am

I mean, I'm not saying I hope that a 75 year old tw.t dies of coronavirus, but...

Actually, it's possible I am saying that.
If truth is many-sided, mendacity is many-tongued

lpm
Junior Mod

Post by lpm » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:25 am

It's not so much hope, just that if it happens you'd feel everything had worked out OK.
⭐ Awarded gold star 4 November 2021

secret squirrel
Snowbonk

Post by secret squirrel » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:27 am

Ghanaian pallbearers limbering up.

Stephanie
Stummy Beige

Post by Stephanie » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:35 am

lpm wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:25 am
It's not so much hope, just that if it happens you'd feel everything had worked out OK.
hahaha
"I got a flu virus named after me 'cause I kissed a bat on a dare."

Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Post by Bird on a Fire » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:30 am

I don't even understand the argument that lockdown = slavery.

AFAIAA slavery tends to involve forcing people to do stuff you want (labouring, spending money) rather than preventing them from doing it.
We have the right to a clean, healthy, sustainable environment.

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:35 am

Apart from Jedward, what other musicians have been OK on this?
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

Opti
Dorkwood

Post by Opti » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:46 am

Nicked from FB.

"It’s all b.llsh.t, man.
I wanted a bottle of Bollinger and a meat pie, so I get driven down to Waitrose, know what I mean? Signs up everywhere. “Wear a mask when entering this store”. Everywhere! “Wear a mask”, “Wear a mask”, “Wear a mask”. f.ck off. I just ignore it. I’m a rocker. I’m not wearing a mask. Did Marc Bolan wear a mask? No. Or a seatbelt? No. It’s not rock and roll, man, and if I’m going into Waitrose to buy a bottle of Bollinger and a meat pie, you better believe it’s gonna be rock and roll. That reminds me, I’m out of brioche.
I walk in waving at people and pointing at my own face and this uniform comes up to me and starts giving me orders. “Excuse me, please”, he says like Hitler. “I’m afraid you can’t enter the store without a face mask”. So, I click my heels together and do a Nazi salute, which I know Keith Moon would have loved. He was a rule breaker, like me. Cool as f.ck Keith Moon. Never wore a mask once. Although he did chase his wife around the house with a shotgun. Why? Because he was told not to. Cool.
The uniform is out of his depth with me. You should have seen his face when I Nazi saluted him. He was all like “Erm... right. You really do need to wear a mask, sir. Sorry”. I said “Listen, robot. Do you know how many people have died of COVID-19 in this country since March? Zero, mate”.
He doesn’t know what to say, so he falls back on statistics and sh.t. Listen, pal. You can obey your government and do what they say, like the mindless sheep that you are, or you can take a step back, look at the bigger picture and do what David Icke says. Look, I’m a working class lad just trying to get a bottle of Bollinger and a meat pie, but I’m not going to be dictated to by a blind robot. Yeah, you listen to “The Guardian” and “The NHS” and “The World Health Organisation”. But I prefer to hear the truth from Parler, blogs and the drummer from Northern Uproar. What do you really want me to believe, man? Some f.cking health report made up by scientists who have an investment in all this or are you gonna break the rules, open your mind and actually listen to Denise Welch?
If I get this so-called disease, that’s on me. That’s my problem. I’ll deal with it when it comes, man. And so will my family, when I give it to them. And our staff. These masks are YOUR problem, the disease that might kill me and my family is mine. Cool?
I just want to be free to get very, very ill and spread a virus that I absolutely pretend isn’t real. Freedom is everything, man, and rules are made to be broken, man. I’m a rock and roll rule breaker, like my heroes. Brian Jones? Rule breaker. Never wore a rubber ring in his life. Jimi Hendrix? Rule breaker. Never read the dosage instructions for sleeping pills ever. Ian Brown? Rule breaker. Can’t sing. That’s freedom, man. Freedom. That’s what they believed in and it’s what I believe in. Freedom, man, freedom. All I want is freedom.
And a bottle of Bollinger and a meat pie, but by that time the shop had closed. I’ll try again tomorrow, do you know what I meeeeeeeeaaannn?"
Time for a big fat one.

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:19 pm

jimbob wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:35 am
Apart from Jedward, what other musicians have been OK on this?
And now:

https://twitter.com/planetjedward/statu ... 7487186944
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

bob sterman
Dorkwood

Post by bob sterman » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:36 pm

Hats off (masks on) to Jedward!!!