Glasses

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
shpalman
Princess POW

Glasses

Post by shpalman » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:50 am

No, not a thread about the distinctions between drinking vessels and whether such a thing as a "plastic glass" can exist, but the idea that wearing glasses protects you from the covids.

Some consolation for how annoying it is that they steam up from your own breath.
... far thinner “membranes” cover our airways, digestive system and eyes. The role of these thinner membranes is to allow external things such as oxygen, food, and in the case of eyes, light, into our bodies.
I always eat via my eyes. They're bigger than my stomach.
having that swing is a necessary but not sufficient condition for it meaning a thing
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

Hunting Dog
Fuzzable

Re: Glasses

Post by Hunting Dog » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:36 pm

Ah, that's a shame, I'd taken to not wearing glasses at the same time as a mask - I do struggle with the steamed-up-iness :geek:

Brightonian
Dorkwood

Post by Brightonian » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:27 pm

I've attached these things to mine as more than once when removing my face mask they've gone flying.

Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Post by Bird on a Fire » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:11 pm

Hunting Dog wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:36 pm
Ah, that's a shame, I'd taken to not wearing glasses at the same time as a mask - I do struggle with the steamed-up-iness :geek:
I can't see without my glasses, so I've had to tackle this. If I get a really, really good seal around the nose by pushing that bit of wire into my skin then my glasses stay mostly clear. The only downside is that it gets a bit harder to breathe.
We have the right to a clean, healthy, sustainable environment.

AMS
Snowbonk

Post by AMS » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:45 pm

Glasses plus lab goggles plus mask is worse. Both layers can steam up if you get the gap just wrong. I've never before had to consciously control my breathing rate while pipetting.

sTeamTraen
After Pie

Post by sTeamTraen » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:21 am

WIth my mask in just the right position, my glasses steam up as I breathe out and unsteam as I breathe back in. It's quite fun to watch.
Something something hammer something something nail

Grumble
Light of Blast

Post by Grumble » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:55 pm

I find that my safety glasses don’t steam up while I’m moving. So there is an obvious disincentive to stop anywhere and actually do any work.
where once I used to scintillate
now I sin till ten past three