Vaccine ****ery

Covid-19 discussion, bring your own statistics
User avatar
shpalman
Light of Blast
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:53 pm
Location: One step beyond

Vaccine ****ery

Post by shpalman » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:51 pm

Canadian mogul fined after getting Covid vaccine meant for Indigenous residents
The former head of a Canadian casino company and his actor wife have been fined after chartering a private plane to a remote community near the Alaska border and receiving coronavirus vaccines meant for vulnerable Indigenous residents.
molto tricky

User avatar
jdc
Hilda Ogden
Posts: 1187
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:31 pm
Location: Your Mum
Contact:

Re: Vaccine ****ery

Post by jdc » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:14 pm

Thanks for giving me another opportunity to post this on the Knightsbridge Circle: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/l ... s-23322474.
(I couldn't be arsed when I first saw it.)
A plush £25,000-a-year private club is flying members to India and the UAE to receive a Covid vaccination instead of waiting for their turn in the UK.

London-based Knightsbridge Circle says it has been flying over-65s to Dubai for jabs for the past two weeks, and the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine is now available in India.

For a fee, reportedly around £40,000, wealthy jetsetters get first class flights, accommodation in a luxury apartment and the lifesaving jabs.

Founder Stuart McNeill said he was excited to launch a "luxury travel vaccine programme" for clients around the world.

User avatar
Martin Y
After Pie
Posts: 2209
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:08 pm

Re: Vaccine ****ery

Post by Martin Y » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:31 pm

I wonder which works out better value: private jet to India for £40k or private jet to rural Canada plus pay a fine.

User avatar
Bird on a Fire
Princess POW
Posts: 7167
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:05 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Vaccine ****ery

Post by Bird on a Fire » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:04 pm

Of course, globally, we're all the Knightsbridge Club.
He has the grace of a swan, the wisdom of an owl, and the eye of an eagle—ladies and gentlemen, this man is for the birds!

Herainestold
Dorkwood
Posts: 1345
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:23 pm

Re: Vaccine ****ery

Post by Herainestold » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:06 pm

Martin Y wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:31 pm
I wonder which works out better value: private jet to India for £40k or private jet to rural Canada plus pay a fine.
The fine is only $500, so it depends on the cost of the private jet. I can't imagine it is £40k, but who knows.
They will have to think of a different caper to get their second dose in 3 weeks, as I'm sure the powers that be are on to them
Vaccination saves lives. Lockdowns stop transmission.We need both to end this pandemic.

raven
Snowbonk
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:58 pm

Re: Vaccine ****ery

Post by raven » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:45 pm

Bird on a Fire wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:04 pm
Of course, globally, we're all the Knightsbridge Club.
Yep, but at least we're not making extra international trips.

And as the AZ vaccine is being made at scale in India for I guess India & COVAX, I suppose you could argue our (UK & EU) upfront orders helped get that started.

FlammableFlower
Dorkwood
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:22 pm

Re: Vaccine ****ery

Post by FlammableFlower » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:49 pm

The headline is "Man arrested over abusive comments to staff in Covid hospital ward"

But on reading the article you also discover that:
A video posted on social media shows a man telling staff that Covid-19 “had not been proven to exist” and he was taking a patient home from the hospital.

A medic is seen to inform the maskless man that the patient is being treated with oxygen, steroids and antibiotics for coronavirus pneumonia affecting both his lungs and warns him that if the oxygen were removed “he will last about half an hour until he dies”.

User avatar
headshot
Catbabel
Posts: 766
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:40 am

Re: Vaccine ****ery

Post by headshot » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:57 pm

And the man being treated is sitting on the edge of his bed shouting “No I won’t, no I won’t”.

f.cking idiot.

User avatar
shpalman
Light of Blast
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:53 pm
Location: One step beyond

Re: Vaccine ****ery

Post by shpalman » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:32 am

shpalman wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:51 pm
Canadian mogul fined after getting Covid vaccine meant for Indigenous residents
The former head of a Canadian casino company and his actor wife have been fined after chartering a private plane to a remote community near the Alaska border and receiving coronavirus vaccines meant for vulnerable Indigenous residents.
they may* face jail time
molto tricky

User avatar
Grumble
After Pie
Posts: 2464
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:03 pm

Re: Vaccine ****ery

Post by Grumble » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:14 pm

headshot wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:57 pm
And the man being treated is sitting on the edge of his bed shouting “No I won’t, no I won’t”.

f.cking idiot.
My sister had a patient like that. Turned up barely able to walk claiming no Covid. Turned out he had positive test result and oxygen level was at 70%. Refused to go to hospital. His wife took him home, probably to die.
You’ve got no chutzpah, your organisational skills are lacklustre and your timekeeping is abysmal.

nezumi
Catbabel
Posts: 892
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:43 pm
Location: UK

Re: Vaccine ****ery

Post by nezumi » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:42 pm

Grumble wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:14 pm
headshot wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:57 pm
And the man being treated is sitting on the edge of his bed shouting “No I won’t, no I won’t”.

f.cking idiot.
My sister had a patient like that. Turned up barely able to walk claiming no Covid. Turned out he had positive test result and oxygen level was at 70%. Refused to go to hospital. His wife took him home, probably to die.
ouuuff, 70% oxygen. Almost certainly to die. 10% lower and it's coma time. Darwinned himself, never mind.
Non fui. Fui. Non sum. Non curo.

FlammableFlower
Dorkwood
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:22 pm

Re: Vaccine ****ery

Post by FlammableFlower » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:21 am

Piers Corbyn has been arrested for his oh, so, clever newsletter likening vaccination to Auschwitz...

User avatar
Martin Y
After Pie
Posts: 2209
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:08 pm

Re: Vaccine ****ery

Post by Martin Y » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:03 pm

FlammableFlower wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:21 am
Piers Corbyn has been arrested for his oh, so, clever newsletter likening vaccination to Auschwitz...
Read Corbyn but somehow thought Morgan. That was a strange but entertaining moment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55933373
"Mr Corbyn ... said he had offered a "full rebuttal" to police at the station." Well, phew, so long as he reckons he won the argument I guess that's the main thing. I very much look forward to his follow-up explain how seat belt enforcement is basically the same thing as Contras death squads by any other name.

User avatar
lpm
Stummy Beige
Posts: 3669
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:05 pm

Re: Vaccine ****ery

Post by lpm » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:44 pm

Our Piers appears in court. Comedy follows.

https://twitter.com/ConorGogarty/status ... 4377504774
What ever happened to that Trump guy, you know, the one who was president for a bit?

FlammableFlower
Dorkwood
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:22 pm

Re: Vaccine ****ery

Post by FlammableFlower » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:20 pm

lpm wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:44 pm
Our Piers appears in court. Comedy follows.

https://twitter.com/ConorGogarty/status ... 4377504774
Also here: https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bris ... wn-5327831
With comments like these:
Lancaster, wearing a red hoodie, said he is pleading not guilty.

Trapman said: "I am neither pleading guilty nor not guilty, because there is no case to answer."

Judge Matthews replied: "In that case, I will enter not guilty on your behalf."

Robinson, wearing a grey tweed jacket, told the court: "I'd like to withhold the plea."

Judge Matthews entered a not guilty plea on Robinson's behalf.

Corbyn said: "I plead not guilty and I don't recognise the legality of these charges."
And that co-defendant Trapman has gone full Freeman of the Land:
Trapman said: "Jonathan Trapman the legal person was present in Bristol and was adhering to his rights to go and be wherever he wished to be. There was a point, I understand, that Jonathan Trapman did cross the College Green in his right to roam."
The judge is going to have a fun time here...

User avatar
sTeamTraen
After Pie
Posts: 2167
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:24 pm
Location: Palma de Mallorca, Spain

Re: Vaccine ****ery

Post by sTeamTraen » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:33 pm

FlammableFlower wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:20 pm
The judge is going to have a fun time here...
I like to imagine that there is some part of the training of lawyers or judges where they learn how to deal with "awkward c.nts who think the rules don't apply to them". Like the (surely apocryphal) story about the guy who claimed that scientists had shown there was no such thing as free will and so he couldn't be held responsible for stealing the money, whereupon the judge said "Well, in that case I'm afraid I'm unable to prevent myself from sentencing you to six months in jail".
Bristol Post wrote:Piers Corbyn has just arrived in a cream Volkswagen.
Off-topic, but: Is it just me who gets frustrated when they tell us the colour and make of the car, but not the model? Whether it's an Up!(*) or a Phaeton surely makes a difference. (Or they could just not tell us about the car at all.)

(*) The electric version of the Up! really is called the "e-Up!". I suppose they are aiming for the all-important Yorkshire market.
Something something hammer something something nail

Aoui
Sindis Poop
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:46 pm

Re: Vaccine ****ery

Post by Aoui » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:56 pm

sTeamTraen wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:33 pm

(*) The electric version of the Up! really is called the "e-Up!". I suppose they are aiming for the all-important Yorkshire market.
The e-up is short for gidd-e-up because that thing goes uphill about as fast as a worn out horse. We borrowed my Mom's Up in Ontario and....it was distressingly lacking in get up and go. I think it'd struggle in the Netherlands and face it, this place is FLAT!

User avatar
Brightonian
Catbabel
Posts: 844
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:16 pm
Location: Usually UK, often France and Ireland

Re: Vaccine ****ery

Post by Brightonian » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:08 am


User avatar
jimbob
Stummy Beige
Posts: 2891
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 pm
Location: High Peak/Manchester

Re: Vaccine ****ery

Post by jimbob » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:32 pm

FlammableFlower wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:20 pm
lpm wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:44 pm
Our Piers appears in court. Comedy follows.

https://twitter.com/ConorGogarty/status ... 4377504774
Also here: https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bris ... wn-5327831
With comments like these:
Lancaster, wearing a red hoodie, said he is pleading not guilty.

Trapman said: "I am neither pleading guilty nor not guilty, because there is no case to answer."

Judge Matthews replied: "In that case, I will enter not guilty on your behalf."

Robinson, wearing a grey tweed jacket, told the court: "I'd like to withhold the plea."

Judge Matthews entered a not guilty plea on Robinson's behalf.

Corbyn said: "I plead not guilty and I don't recognise the legality of these charges."
And that co-defendant Trapman has gone full Freeman of the Land:
Trapman said: "Jonathan Trapman the legal person was present in Bristol and was adhering to his rights to go and be wherever he wished to be. There was a point, I understand, that Jonathan Trapman did cross the College Green in his right to roam."
The judge is going to have a fun time here...

It's so easy to spot them

From LPM's thread (thanks)
Four out of five defendants are here, all accused of Covid breaches at College Green

District Judge Lynne Matthews asks: "Do we have Jonathan Trapman here?"

Defendant says: "You've got Jonathan Trapman the flesh and blood, who's representing Jonathan Trapman the legal entity"
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

User avatar
jimbob
Stummy Beige
Posts: 2891
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 pm
Location: High Peak/Manchester

Re: Vaccine ****ery

Post by jimbob » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:57 pm

lpm wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:44 pm
Comedy follows.
Truth

I've tweeted it to Dean Morrison, as he used to mock Corbyn's climate denialism
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

User avatar
jimbob
Stummy Beige
Posts: 2891
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 pm
Location: High Peak/Manchester

Re: Vaccine ****ery

Post by jimbob » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:07 pm

The other thing is that FOTL is stupid even by the standards of a conspiracy theory. At least having vaccines inject nanoparticles to control the population via the mobile phone network would work as a Dr Who plot, whereas if there really was a nefarious conspiracy to deny people their rights - the conspirators wouldn't just give up if you said the right words.
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

User avatar
Brightonian
Catbabel
Posts: 844
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:16 pm
Location: Usually UK, often France and Ireland

Re: Vaccine ****ery

Post by Brightonian » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:13 pm

Martin Y wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:03 pm
FlammableFlower wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:21 am
Piers Corbyn has been arrested for his oh, so, clever newsletter likening vaccination to Auschwitz...
Read Corbyn but somehow thought Morgan. That was a strange but entertaining moment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55933373
"Mr Corbyn ... said he had offered a "full rebuttal" to police at the station." Well, phew, so long as he reckons he won the argument I guess that's the main thing. I very much look forward to his follow-up explain how seat belt enforcement is basically the same thing as Contras death squads by any other name.
Richard Madeley explains why wearing a seat belt is the socially responsible thing to do:
"You wear a seat belt not just for you, but because in a car crash you can fly through the windscreen and hit someone else... that can actually happen."
(I'm guessing he's mixing it up with wearing a seat belt in the back stops you hitting people in the front.)

User avatar
Grumble
After Pie
Posts: 2464
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:03 pm

Re: Vaccine ****ery

Post by Grumble » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:03 pm

Brightonian wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:13 pm
Martin Y wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:03 pm
FlammableFlower wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:21 am
Piers Corbyn has been arrested for his oh, so, clever newsletter likening vaccination to Auschwitz...
Read Corbyn but somehow thought Morgan. That was a strange but entertaining moment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55933373
"Mr Corbyn ... said he had offered a "full rebuttal" to police at the station." Well, phew, so long as he reckons he won the argument I guess that's the main thing. I very much look forward to his follow-up explain how seat belt enforcement is basically the same thing as Contras death squads by any other name.
Richard Madeley explains why wearing a seat belt is the socially responsible thing to do:
"You wear a seat belt not just for you, but because in a car crash you can fly through the windscreen and hit someone else... that can actually happen."
(I'm guessing he's mixing it up with wearing a seat belt in the back stops you hitting people in the front.)
Richard Madeley is definitely the inspiration for Alan Partridge, isn’t he?
You’ve got no chutzpah, your organisational skills are lacklustre and your timekeeping is abysmal.

User avatar
Martin_B
Dorkwood
Posts: 1082
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:20 pm
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Vaccine ****ery

Post by Martin_B » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:05 am

Grumble wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:03 pm

Richard Madeley is definitely the inspiration for Alan Partridge, isn’t he?
I'm not altogether convinced that Richard Madeley doesn't think Alan Partridge is a documentary about an exemplary radio host and interviewer who should be used as an inspiration to all in media.
"My interest is in the future, because I'm going to spend the rest of my life there"

FlammableFlower
Dorkwood
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:22 pm

Re: Vaccine ****ery

Post by FlammableFlower » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:47 am

Christ, the anti- lockdown lot are really bringing out the nutters. David Icke and son!

Post Reply