Has anyone had the vaccine yet?

Covid-19 discussion, bring your own statistics
Lew Dolby
Fuzzable

Re: Has anyone had the vaccine yet?

Post by Lew Dolby » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:04 pm

I took a book for the wait-time. Buggers insisted I leave before I got to the end of the chapter I was reading !! Wasn't as if they need the seat - was only about half a dozen of us in seating for 3 or 4 dozen.
If you bring you kids up to think for themselves, you can't complain when they do

Sciolus
Snowbonk

Post by Sciolus » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:09 pm

I think some centres have poorer wifi so it takes longer for the microchip to connect and transfer the 5G data.

veravista
Snowbonk

Post by veravista » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:10 pm

Mrs V now in bed and decidedly shivery. Looks better than about 30 minutes ago though.

Fishnut
Catbabel

Post by Fishnut » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:07 pm

veravista wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:10 pm
Mrs V now in bed and decidedly shivery. Looks better than about 30 minutes ago though.
Oh no, that sounds pretty rough. I hope she feels better soon.

Mum got her vaccine last night. She said it was really well organised. Her only complaint was about finding the entrance to the site which didn't sound particularly well signposted, and differs from the usual entrance route. Apparently she was given the option of waiting inside or in her car for the 15 mins post-jab.

So far she's fine. I think she said her arm was a little sore but nothing worse than a flu vaccination.
it's okay to say "I don't know"

veravista
Snowbonk

Post by veravista » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:26 pm

She's fine. Got up and had some soup, read for a bit and has gone to bed.

Lydia Gwilt
Sindis Poop

Post by Lydia Gwilt » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:15 pm

jdc wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:45 pm
Lydia Gwilt wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:45 pm
Tessa K wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:14 am

A friend of mine (50 ish marathon runner) said he had a rough couple of days after the second Pfizer dose. Is the response related to how efficient your immune system is?
Possibly, although marathon runners have notoriously poor immune responses.
There's a very long review article here: https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10 ... 00648/full that argues otherwise.

Their longish summary of the article: Spoiler:

Marathons and ultramarathons not specifically mentioned in that summary but are discussed in the article. They refer to studies finding that IgA secretion decreased after marathons or 2h rowing sessions - and point out that "contradictory findings are also in abundance but are much less cited in the literature".
THanks for that, I must re-assess my immunology.

monkey
Snowbonk

Post by monkey » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:14 pm

Since I had my first jab I have had 2 Covid tests (one since 2nd)*. Both have been negative. I hope this means the vaccine is either working for me, but I suppose if I've not been exposed enough to get The Covids, that just means I'm awesome at masks and distancing. I'm happy either way.

*I now get to scrape my nose every two weeks at work, rather than just being picked at random.

yoss
Navel Tan

Post by yoss » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:28 pm

-- I posted the below in the wrong thread, so I've pasted it below, I'll try and delete that other post now! --

Some anecdotal stuff here from South Manchester.

I've just had the first dose, as have two of my close friends. I'm a health 61 year old man. My friends are 51 (male asian athematic), and 41 - heart condition, male. Among our close friendship group of around 10 people aged 40 - 60is only one hasn't yet been offered or had the vaccine. We are fairly unrepresentative, either working in health or social care, having health problems or just being a bit old, but I'm still impressed at the number of us being jabbed.

As to the immunisation centre; it seemed extremely well organised with a steady flow of people being directed through with considerable efficiency.

-- now then; it's back to lurking for me!