cOVID_19 the unreunrelockdown

Covid-19 discussion, bring your own statistics
OffTheRock
Clardic Fug

Re: cOVID_19 the unreunrelockdown

Post by OffTheRock » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:57 pm

Obvious spike after Boardmasters festival here.

So far there are about 5k confirmed cases who had told T&T they were there. Depending on which figures you look at this is probably about 7-10% of the people who attended. No idea if we'll ever find out how many people those people transmitted it to although anecdotally I know of a few cases. I'd imagine Reading and Leeds this coming weekend may well have a similar affect.

With the benefit of hindsight a vaccine passport may have been a good idea. Or at the very least, not allowing people to log a negative result on an unsupervised LFT in order to get an e-mail that will gain you entry. I'm not really sure WTF they expected to happen really.

Chris Preston
Fuzzable

Post by Chris Preston » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:11 am

In the West Island the pathway out of lockdown has been declared. It is when 80% of adults have been fully vaccinated. The large delta outbreak in NSW (75 deaths and climbing) has some of the Premiers starting to demur, but Scottyfrommarketing has an election coming up early next year and is going to run flat out on how he personally saved the country, lockdown enthusiasts be damned.

Locally, our government is going to require masks indoors for at least the rest of 2021.
Here grows much rhubarb.

Herainestold
Dorkwood

Post by Herainestold » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:17 am

Chris Preston wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:11 am
In the West Island the pathway out of lockdown has been declared. It is when 80% of adults have been fully vaccinated. The large delta outbreak in NSW (75 deaths and climbing) has some of the Premiers starting to demur, but Scottyfrommarketing has an election coming up early next year and is going to run flat out on how he personally saved the country, lockdown enthusiasts be damned.

Locally, our government is going to require masks indoors for at least the rest of 2021.
It looks like Oz is undergoing a tough patch right now, but the rest of the planet admires what you have achieved so far and wishes you well in continuing to defeat this virus. 80% adults vaxed is not enough to stop Delta. You likely need 95+% of the total population vaxxed. Should probably wait until vaccines for children are developed/approved. By that time the adult population will likely need boosters, so it could be a long haul.
Vaccination saves lives. Lockdowns stop transmission.

basementer
Dorkwood

Post by basementer » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:01 pm

Chris Preston wrote:

I think that I'll probably be stuck in full lockdown in Wellington for at least another fortnight, which is a considerable hassle because I'm already paying rent on the house that I was planning on moving into. With no community cases in the current outbreak in the South Island, I suspect they will probably drop back to level 3 this weekend.
Money is just a substitute for luck anyway. - Tom Siddell

headshot
Catbabel

Post by headshot » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:49 am

A colleague went to a West End show last night. Still feels weird to see images like this.
Attachments
7C4FB7D7-E2C7-4921-869B-696F6C6CF4D6.jpeg
7C4FB7D7-E2C7-4921-869B-696F6C6CF4D6.jpeg (92.77 KiB) Viewed 259 times

basementer
Dorkwood

Post by basementer » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:33 am

basementer wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:01 pm
Chris Preston wrote:

I think that I'll probably be stuck in full lockdown in Wellington for at least another fortnight, which is a considerable hassle because I'm already paying rent on the house that I was planning on moving into. With no community cases in the current outbreak in the South Island, I suspect they will probably drop back to level 3 this weekend.
Per today's announcement, I got both wrong. South Island goes to level 3 a couple of days later than I expected, midnight Tuesday, but so too does the whole of the lower North Island. I think the latter is a bad idea when known new cases per day are still increasing.
Money is just a substitute for luck anyway. - Tom Siddell

shpalman
Light of Blast

Post by shpalman » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:52 am

molto tricky

shpalman
Light of Blast

Post by shpalman » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:20 pm

bob sterman wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:55 pm
shpalman wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:28 pm
I notice now that North Kesteven, the local authority to the south of Lincoln where nobody has died of covid since early June, has spiked a non-zero case rate in the 85-89 age group.
With a total population of about 116,000 and consequently perhaps around 2000 or fewer in the 85-89 age group - their current case rate in that age group in North Kesteven (137.8 per 100,000) probably means about 3 cases.

In fact, given their rate in that age group goes up in multiples of 45.9 it is exactly 3 cases currently. August 4th they peaked at 275.6 per 100,000 - i.e. 6 cases.
Well, someone died (on the 26th).
molto tricky

shpalman
Light of Blast

Post by shpalman » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:14 pm

molto tricky