100,000 fake tests in Sweden?

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
Brightonian
Dorkwood

100,000 fake tests in Sweden?

Post by Brightonian » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:48 pm

100,000 Swedes may have been given Covid tests that weren't analysed - but they were told that they were negative and given documentation to that effect.
https://twitter.com/philipoconnor/statu ... 59047?s=19

Woodchopper
Princess POW

Re: 100,000 fake tests in Sweden?

Post by Woodchopper » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:15 pm

Here’s an article in Swedish: https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/zg ... a-pcr-test

A chain of private clinics were offering rapid Covid PCR tests. Results came back within hours and cost SEK 1500 (circa EUR 150) People used the certificates for international travel etc. However it is alleged that the tests never got sent to the lab and everyone got a negative result. So Covid positive Swedes could have gone around infecting others.

It’s being investigated by the police.Hundreds of cases of fake certificates have been established. It’s feared that 100 000 could be affected.

The company has ceased operating.

Looks like the Theranos business model.

Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Post by Bird on a Fire » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:11 pm

I did wonder about this when I got my travel covid test at Christmas.

Every customer wants a negative test. The staff aren't medical professionals. Who's checking?
We have the right to a clean, healthy, sustainable environment.

Fishnut
After Pie

Post by Fishnut » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:31 pm

Someone I follow on Twitter found out the test she paid around €150 for was from this company. She's moved to New Zealand and obviously had to get tested before flying. NZ's strict quarantine requirements make even more sense in light of this scandal and honestly I wouldn't blame them if they just banned travel from Sweden outright for the time being.
it's okay to say "I don't know"

sTeamTraen
After Pie

Post by sTeamTraen » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:37 pm

Bird on a Fire wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:11 pm
I did wonder about this when I got my travel covid test at Christmas.

Every customer wants a negative test. The staff aren't medical professionals. Who's checking?
It's an unusual economic situation. I see people who are travelling to the UK ask what the best company is to supply for the tests that you have to do on days 2 and 8 of quarantine, and my reply is --- unless people also want to do the get-out-of-jail test on day 5, which requires a negative test on day 2 --- the cheapest. Indeed, what you really want is a company that fails to deliver, because as the punter that can't be help against you, plus you don't have to thrust a swab up your nose.
Something something hammer something something nail