Gigs in covid times

Covid-19 discussion, bring your own statistics
headshot
Catbabel

Re: Gigs in covid times

Post by headshot » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:25 pm

Still no reported contagion at the event I attended.

I noticed the European Balboa Festival has just been announced for December in Toulouse.

shpalman
Light of Blast

Post by shpalman » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:16 pm

headshot wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:25 pm

I noticed the European Balboa Festival has just been announced for December in Toulouse.
these two dancers have covid
molto tricky

shpalman
Light of Blast

Post by shpalman » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:17 pm

shpalman wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:02 pm
Something on the news said that next week (the 30th) there'll be an evaluation of whether the capacity of indoor things like cinemas and concerts can be increased from whatever it is now to something closer to 100%.
It's currently 50%, and they're thinking about 80% (or 65% for sporting events).
shpalman wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:02 pm
Also mentioned was that they'd consider whether to think about looking at the reopening of discos and dance halls.
Despite being the lowest Monday new cases number since July there was pessimism on the news that this would be allowed; however, in mid October work-from-home won't be allowed anymore so it's like f.ck you it's safe to get back to work motherf.cker but no it's still too dangerous to go out afterwards.
molto tricky

shpalman
Light of Blast

Post by shpalman » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:50 am

shpalman wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:16 pm
headshot wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:25 pm

these two dancers have covid
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/ ... acy-debate
molto tricky

shpalman
Light of Blast

Post by shpalman » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:35 am

Oh and there was apparently someone trying to get into the lesson last night with a non-working Green Pass. Not sure if it was fake or just expired... "No vax….forgot to do the test. Started complaining that it costs a lot"

Yeah the vaccine is free, muppet.
molto tricky

nekomatic
Catbabel

Post by nekomatic » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:08 pm

I haven’t been in this subforum for a while but I had a ticket for Nubiyan Twist the other day and sacked it off because it didn’t feel at all like a wise thing to do.

Although I didn’t expect that by now I would be waiting for a PCR result having possibly got it not at a gig but off the other members of my family, who have shared it around between them (with no significant ill effects that we can tell, thankfully)
Dervict stanord

shpalman
Light of Blast

Post by shpalman » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:22 am

The Italian technical-scientific committee is looking at increasing capacity to 75% in stadiums, 80% to cinemas, theatres and concert halls, and 100% for outdoor events.

But has forgotten about dance halls and discos again.

Waiting a couple of weeks to see the effect of schools reopening isn't a bad idea because last year everything seemed fine at this point but blew up exponentially during October.

Italy has better vaccination coverage than the UK overall but less of it is among older people, who don't care if they die, as compared to young people who don't think they will ever die.

This may help explain Italy's death rate is only about half the UK's despite that the case rate is about 10 times lower (at less than 40/100,000/week).
molto tricky